Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2007, 04:30 PM   #1
Spades
The Hated One

Drives: 07 White Manual Sedan
Intake VS modified filter housing

so, has anyone that opened up their factory intake box (removed the little tube on the end of it, then cut at least a 3"x5" hole in the front of it facing the cold air) noticed any power differance or even sound change when switching to a full on intake?

I was just wondering, because I just cut a large hole in the front of the air box (cut the whole front of it off leaving only 1" on the top and sides), and even with the factory air filter, it sounds like it has a intake, and seems to have slightly more power.

I was wondering if anyone has done this to their intake box, then switched over to a cone filter and 2"+ intake tube, noticed any major power or sound differance?