Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-02-2006, 09:33 PM   #1
fat45s

Drives: Yaris Sedan YRS - Black Mica
Double DIN DVD in-dash players

If any one has installed one, can you please post pics?

im in the process of deciding whether to go single din head unit or a double din dvd player. i just wanna see how good they look before i decide which road to take. i need to figure out before the end of the week as my partner will be purchasing it for me.

also, what does everyone else think?

any help would be most appreciated.
fat45s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 09:37 PM   #2
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
I have a double-DIN Pioneer unit, it's very nice, personally I do not like the single DIN units, they just don't integrate with the dash when the screen is out (but I guess exposed screens might be a thief magnet?)

Anyway take a look in my garage or the cardomain link in my signature and you'll see a few pics.

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:00 AM   #3
fat45s

thats one of the head units that i had in mind.
it is between that one and the JVC double din.

I like the JVC one coz its silver aswell and it would match the colour of my dash.
but i like the Pioneer one coz its 6 stacker in dash and has a touch screen.

ahhh decisions decisions.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:26 AM   #4
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
I'm not sure about the JVC but the pioneer also has a lot of optional add-ons... bluetooth adapter, ipod adapter, backup camera, vehicle dynamics processor, multi-channel decoder, and so on, and they all integrate quite well with the HU's interface

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 12-07-2006, 03:45 AM   #5
paultyler_82

Drives: 07 Meteorite Metallic Yaris LB
not to mention, my personal favorite, the AVH-P6800DVD is also a 6-disc in-dash CD/MP3CD/DVD changer, and it can be integrated with all the addons including Bluetooth... and while it doesn't offer Nav onboard, you can always get it if you must have it, by adding on the old AVIC-88DVD
paultyler_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 06:54 AM   #6
mscianna
ICU69-2

Drives: 2007 Liftback Polar White
I just bought the single Din Boss Multimedia Player from Sonic Electronics online....cant wait to get it installed....Your double Din does look good....The BV6850T at sonicelectronix.com even comes with a TV tuner....
mscianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 08:18 AM   #7
fat45s

final decision will be made by my partner. Ive already hinted to her that id like the pioneer one but she'll go in this weekend and finally pick one out.

She also found out that one of her old friends works for the store where shes getting it. "not allowed to say where" she says. coz its supposed to be my xmas present. so shes got the hook ups. isnt she the best

well, anyways, ill post up pics of what she gets me.

thanks guys and girls for the feed back. youve swayed me toward the pioneer one.

and mscianna, my brother has a head unit that looks kinda like the one your gettin but its the JVC version. very clean unit. plus it comes with a detachable face which is really good. hope you have fun with it when you install it.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:14 AM   #8
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
double din is definitely superior!!
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:22 PM   #9
dngz

Drives: black yaris sedan
anybody know of a good double din with cd/mp3cd/dvd/divx/bluetooth for a good price?? dont need navigational, i can always google it up before i need to find a place anyways..
dngz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:56 AM   #10
fat45s

eTiMaGo - does the pioneer unit come with a remote control? i forgot to ask about it.

dngz - when i went to look at double din units myself, i found that the best one (from my own personal perspective) is the pioneer one. the alpine double din unit is also great. but really its up to you. although you may have to find ones that plays divx's coz i know that the pioneer one has cd/mp3cd/bluetooth/dvd and other great options are eTiMaGo said but not too sure on divx.
hopefully you find one you like and good luck.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:00 AM   #11
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat45s View Post
eTiMaGo - does the pioneer unit come with a remote control? i forgot to ask about it.

dngz - when i went to look at double din units myself, i found that the best one (from my own personal perspective) is the pioneer one. the alpine double din unit is also great. but really its up to you. although you may have to find ones that plays divx's coz i know that the pioneer one has cd/mp3cd/bluetooth/dvd and other great options are eTiMaGo said but not too sure on divx.
hopefully you find one you like and good luck.
Yup, remote control included, though i'd prefer some kind of steering wheel control system myself

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 12-11-2006, 09:33 AM   #12
jimcat
Green is good

Drives: Vitz RS
Send a message via MSN to jimcat
I removed the original NAVI mon and installed a cheap cheap DVD player on it
Unfortuneally, there are so some button for NAVI mon stayed
now the button are useless and looking bad
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00236.JPG (42.4 KB, 832 views)
jimcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:52 AM   #13
vodkalush
I drive a yarrrris

Drives: 07 Sedan Polar White
Send a message via AIM to vodkalush
now seeing more and more Double din DVD players my love/wanting of them is steadly increasing... what are the price range for these?

Docotrs say all the drikning has mesesd up my seplilng and radieng

will work for parts
vodkalush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:30 AM   #14
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
$450-$1000 and up.

CHEAPER
Off-brand poop link
MP3Car.com's touchscreens link
Pioneer AVC-D1 link
Alpine IVA-W200 link
Alpine IVA-D310 link
Eclipse AVN660 link
TAKE OUT A LOAN

If you're a show-off and like a brand name, the Alpine IVA-W200 is the way to go. It is moderately priced and features a double-din in dash monitor that is fully motorized and turns itself around when you turn the car off. If you're just concerned about function and you don't get your monitor from MP3car.com, you're insane. They are anywhere from 40-75% cheaper than similar brand name units.

This is of course just a taste of all the options out there.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 03:42 AM   #15
fat45s

jimcat - i love the look of your DVD headunit. you painted the centre console didnt you?

vodkalush - sames here. thats why im getting one. the love just grew and grew after i saw eTiMaGo's setup.

thanks for all the pictures and help everyone. made the choice of double din or single even easier for me.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:06 PM   #16
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
BUY MINE

Please note its not worth the RRP
Old 12-13-2006, 01:11 AM   #17
paultyler_82

Drives: 07 Meteorite Metallic Yaris LB
Pioneer also has the AVIC-D2, the AVIC-Z1, and the AVH-P6800DVD.... for those who don't need a DVD touchscreen but would still like a 2DIN unit from Pioneer, there's the FH-P4200MP, and the FH-P5000MP .... just wish the US got some of the other FH models like the P4100R, P6200R, or the P710MD
paultyler_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:12 AM   #18
atebit

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
If you're a show-off and like a brand name, the Alpine IVA-W200 is the way to go. It is moderately priced and features a double-din in dash monitor that is fully motorized and turns itself around when you turn the car off.
I have that HU & mine doesn't do that. Maybe because I'm not a show off.

It's not a bad unit, but I'm not all that impressed with the information it displays/format it displays it in for XM sattelite and iPod. Pretty poor use of screen real estate IMHO. But it does get the job done.
atebit is offline   Reply With Quote