Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-23-2006, 07:40 PM   #1
PSU Yaris

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan S
The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift

Anyone see this yet? i saw it a couple of nights ago and loved it!!
PSU Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 08:39 PM   #2
Supa Lao

Drives: '03 Murano SL AWD
My wife and I saw it last nite. It was her birthday yesterday and it was down to Cars or this movie. I wanted to see Cars, but since it was her b-day we got to see Fast and Furious instead.

This movie was better then the 2nd one though. I thought the plot was pretty dumb and those were some old school kids. I also couldn't stand how the main character talked w/ his cowboyish accent. Other then that, the movie was good. I did enjoy all the drifting scenes. I was pretty surprised at the end. I didn't know he was in the movie. It does give them room to make a 4th movie though
Old 06-24-2006, 01:44 AM   #3
田中秀樹

Drives: SW20
i not see this yet. i only know j-idol 北川景子(kitagawa keiko) is in it. *__*;;
田中秀樹 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 08:42 PM   #4
johnnyfive

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
yeah, i really like the end when "he" pulled up, and way to not give it away there Supa Loa ;)

funny story, after the movie there was some younger kids in the parking lot "drifting" (actually just trying to do doughnuts...) and one slamed his 240sx into a light pole...he tried to drive away real fast but then just blew out his tire from it being smashed..actually was just about as entertaining as the move :)
johnnyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 08:50 PM   #5
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyfive
yeah, i really like the end when "he" pulled up, and way to not give it away there Supa Loa ;)

funny story, after the movie there was some younger kids in the parking lot "drifting" (actually just trying to do doughnuts...) and one slamed his 240sx into a light pole...he tried to drive away real fast but then just blew out his tire from it being smashed..actually was just about as entertaining as the move :)

I guess he had it coming to him...how embaressing. I haven't seen it yet...I might just wait till it comes out on DVD...is it really that better than the second? Supa Loa I'm surprised your wife wanted to see this movie, I guess I couldn't see someone's wife wanting to see this kind of "macho" man movie whatever you want to call it NOT to say females can't be into modding or cars, which I'm all for, more power to it. I was reading an article that even the second movie did well and Universal was surprised again..which surprised me cause I didn't think the second one wasn't that good, compared to the first and by itself. Oh well!
Old 06-24-2006, 08:51 PM   #6
Supa Lao

Yea, I didn't want to mess up the end for the people that want to see it later Johnnyfive.

Oh my...I had to see that 240 hitting the light pole. Poor nissan
Old 06-24-2006, 08:54 PM   #7
Supa Lao

Echoknight I'm going to have to agree with you on the 2nd movie. I didn't like the 2nd one too much.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:34 PM   #8
PSU Yaris

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan S
i liked the 2nd one because it was in miami. however, i didnt like the purple eclipse...they should've had a STi instead.

i've never tried to drift in my car. is it possible in a front wheel drive car?? i think the 350Z's in the movie were rear wheel drive.
PSU Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 02:49 AM   #9
AE86Yaris

Drives: 85 AE86/blazing blue 07
as a avid drifter, i found it less cliche than the first 2 but still had its moments. the "drift date" had me and my friends laughing and WTFing at the same time. Seriously how can you have a conversation and flirting, while struggling to keep control of the car ona wet surface.

lil Bow wow.........nuff said
AE86Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 10:31 AM   #10
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
You can drift a FWD car, it is just a lot harder to control.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:11 PM   #11
heylookitsjames
maintenance of momentum

Drives: 2007 5spd 3dr
depends on your definition of "drift".
heylookitsjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 08:40 PM   #12
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
I think that this one was definately better than 2 but a toss up between it and 1. This series of movies brought a lot of people back into cars that would prolly have not been. As for the drifting while thinking about getting a piece....well that was pure poetry in motion right? I can agree that the guy chosen for the main character was a bit...how do you say...well...too "i am country, but like to think i am city"....but then again if you truly look at what the premise was then he does kind of fit....however I pretty much doubt a white dood with such an accent could pull off DK in JDM-land!

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:06 AM   #13
Uglyboyed

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan S Flint Mica
Send a message via AIM to Uglyboyed Send a message via Yahoo to Uglyboyed
after the movie i was 2 seconds away from drifting for no reason. it was cool when there were being chased and drifting one behing the other.. but i cant afford to have a crunched up beer can for a car.
Uglyboyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:25 PM   #14
junia

Drives: mazda
I didn't like the movie that much. Other than the chicks and the cars I thought the movie pretty much sucked. Maybe its because I grew up in Japan but I was like WTF through the whole movie. Especially when the main cast drives but they go to highschool.... I liked the story from the first two more than the third one.
junia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 07:27 AM   #15
Ran Kizama
That Anime Guy

Drives: 5-Speed Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Ran Kizama Send a message via MSN to Ran Kizama
Keiichi Tsuchiya was in the movie so I liked it.