Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-13-2012, 02:24 AM   #1
ruvios

Drives: 2012 1.3G AT
1.5 drop not satisfied

hi guys. just new here in yarisworld. i would like to know what to do with my ride height. i will be buying a set of Tein S-Tech Lowering Springs but the drop is only 1.5 which will leave a 2 finger gap on the front wheel and 1-1.5 at the rear. I would like to know what to do for me to drop the front wheels and have no finger gap or with a 1 finger gap.

please assist. TIA
ruvios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:32 AM   #2
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
I think there are two S.Tech versions in the PI. My S.Tech's drop the car 1.9-2.1" (note that I raised the rear via spring coil spacers).

Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:34 AM   #3
Kaotic Lazagna

Just look for the ones labeled as 1.9" for the drop.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:46 AM   #4
ruvios

Drives: 2012 1.3G AT
what i saw and is available here in the PI is 1.5 drop. but is it accurate or the drop is bigger than 1.5? if it is, then its going to be perfect.

by the way, yours really do have a very perfect drop, stance and look.

up for you!
ruvios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:23 PM   #5
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruvios View Post
what i saw and is available here in the PI is 1.5 drop. but is it accurate or the drop is bigger than 1.5? if it is, then its going to be perfect.

by the way, yours really do have a very perfect drop, stance and look.

up for you!
Usually, if there is just one model on the box, then it is describing the drop for the 3-door LB (Vitz). So the sedan has a little more of a drop, and the 5-door has a little more on top of that.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:30 PM   #6
edmscan

Drives: 2020 Corolla
I don't understand this whole drop thing .. because in the winter here you would get stuck in the back alley. As a result .. mine is stock. Some people want to tinker with their cars, so I guess let them have some fun.

But I would never do it as though it probably isn't that hard to push a Yaris out of a snow bank .. I don't want to try it. Guess it all depends on where you live ....
edmscan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:04 AM   #7
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmscan View Post
I don't understand this whole drop thing .. because in the winter here you would get stuck in the back alley. As a result .. mine is stock. Some people want to tinker with their cars, so I guess let them have some fun.

But I would never do it as though it probably isn't that hard to push a Yaris out of a snow bank .. I don't want to try it. Guess it all depends on where you live ....
In your case, you shouldn't lower it, but raise it an inch or two instead and go with a rally theme
Old 07-16-2012, 12:42 AM   #8
edmscan

Drives: 2020 Corolla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
In your case, you shouldn't lower it, but raise it an inch or two instead and go with a rally theme
Thanks for the advice .... this upcoming winter will be my first with my Yaris. It should be interesting on how it works in the winter.
edmscan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:12 AM   #9
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmscan View Post
Thanks for the advice .... this upcoming winter will be my first with my Yaris. It should be interesting on how it works in the winter.
I've only driven through snow/slush once in my Yaris, so I can't really give you much advice, but I think in thicker snow, you should go with narrower, studded (or was is siped) tires for better snow grip.