Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-05-2006, 09:29 PM   #1
heeroyuy01195
Post count means nothing.

Drives: AW11, NCP91, Old Motorcycles
Anyone know the HP increases?

Does anyone here know the HP increases for any of the intake and/or exhaust systems available? I only see posts about the aesthetics and sound of the parts.
heeroyuy01195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 09:36 PM   #2
ItsMyDaily
The LittleBastard

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by heeroyuy01195
Does anyone here know the HP increases for any of the intake and/or exhaust systems available? I only see posts about the aesthetics and sound of the parts.
intake probably will give you around 3hp through out the powerband. I think exhaust will give better gains though cause stock piping is restrictive.

2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback - Current
2004 Honda S2000 - Sold
1986 Toyota Corolla SR5 - Sold

DIY: Groundwire Kit
ItsMyDaily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 09:46 PM   #3
heeroyuy01195
Post count means nothing.

Drives: AW11, NCP91, Old Motorcycles
Yes I know that portion, I just wanted to see if anyone knew any exact readings.
heeroyuy01195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 11:28 PM   #4
ItsMyDaily
The LittleBastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by heeroyuy01195
Yes I know that portion, I just wanted to see if anyone knew any exact readings.
car may still be to new for anyone to have actually done any before and after dynoes yet.

2004 Honda S2000 - Sold

Old 10-06-2006, 12:37 AM   #5
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
well there's quite a few different intakes and exhaust commercially available, and like someone mentioned in another thread, is it really worth it to spend $100+ on a dyno run for the installation of an individual part that gives only maybe a 5% improvement?
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 03:32 AM   #6
Katana

Drives: Yaris LB 1.3lt 06
Send a message via MSN to Katana Send a message via Yahoo to Katana
Μy intake which is not at all restrictive propably gave me 4-5hp.

The exhaust gives you at about 2-3hp if it is correctly chosen.
Katana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 05:26 PM   #7
Tanabe USA

Drives: Toyota Vitz
The Toyota Yaris is a small displacement engine, so base power is fairly low. Please consider this when viewing these dyno graphs. Because the car has low displacement and power, large gains of 5-10whp cannot be realistically expected from an exhaust. Cars with larger engines and power typically gain more power, so please keep this perspective in mind.

Exhaust systems to not create power, but they increase efficiency of combustion and exhaust gasses exiting the engine.

When we develop exhaust systems, we test them on US spec vehicles at our facility in Torrance, CA (directly adjacent to Toyota National HQ). After fitment and sound levels are confirmed, we send the car to an independent dynamometer for testing, so the dyno testing is not performed by our staff, but by an independent shop that we hire to test the vehicles before and after results.

This maintains real world results, where some less reputable companies may skew the dyno graphs if they perform their dynos in-house.

We included two dyno charts (SAE corrected) that were tested using a Dynojet in August. One has max values, and the other has the testing conditions. Three dyno runs were performed on the vehicle stock (runs 1-3) and 3 runs on the vehicle with our exhaust. It is of note that when we tested, there was a bit of a heat wave, which shows the hot testing conditions, so results may actually be better! The testing conditions with the Medalion Touring were actually hotter than stock testing conditions.

Roughly 3.5whp and 2ft/lbs of torque can be realistically expected, which comes to about a 4% increase in efficiency!

We designed the exhaust as an axle-back since there are very little actual power gains to be had from a catback configuration (which would increase price ~+$300) compared to axle-back.

Hatch owners with our exhaust, please chime in!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yarisdyno_maxvalues.jpg (199.5 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg yarisdyno_conditions.jpg (199.0 KB, 121 views)

Tanabe Racing Development USA, Inc.
"We engineer performance!"
http://www.tanabe-usa.com

Performance parts for the Yaris/Vitz available 6-17-06. Please check forum or email us at info@tanabe-usa.com for updates and information.
Tanabe USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 05:40 PM   #8
ItsMyDaily
The LittleBastard

^ it's great to have tanabe come down and give us actuall dyno graphs to there products. Gains were as to be expected, but till nice considering the conditions. I can see a couple more hp being freed in better weather.

If only i can find somone who has one for a test ride.

2004 Honda S2000 - Sold