Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-21-2010, 03:34 AM   #109
AdeJong 03
"Stealth Runner"

Drives: 2009 Yaris-S Sedan
its confirmed at this point itll fit but there is no official write up on how to do it.

Does anyone know? I may have sourced a swap. its not for sure but im really thinking about this
AdeJong 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:41 AM   #110
kngrsll
Apexing Egg!!

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris white hatch
Send a message via AIM to kngrsll
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeJong 03 View Post
its confirmed at this point itll fit but there is no official write up on how to do it.

Does anyone know? I may have sourced a swap. its not for sure but im really thinking about this
just do it... and tell us how
kngrsll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 04:23 PM   #111
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
I Know for fitment into the Echo you need to clearance the both frame rails. The pulley side is the worst because most of the pulley and belts need to go through the frame. Two of the motor mount are a direct bolt up on the transmission and I'm not 100% on the engine side but I know it pretty close.. normally the 2ZZ uses 4 mounts not 3 to contain the power. So I think you'd want the TRD inserts.

So it's not really THAT much work if you know how to use a MIG welder.
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 04:39 PM   #112
YarisPR

Drives: Yaris Sedan
If u guys knew spanish I might help by giving the phone number of the guys who do it, but I don't think their english is too god eitheir way
Old 03-21-2010, 05:19 PM   #113
Vb2ner
Team VAJJ

Drives: 2007 Yaris sedan Flint Mica
I would hate to work on that. Good luck
fitting all the charge pipes
Old 03-21-2010, 08:58 PM   #114
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
i think the best way is to get everything then go to puerto rico and hook up with those crazy swapsters. They must have more mechanical skills down there.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:07 PM   #115
jouna

Drives: jdm yaris sedan
do you know why we do things like that in pr. because money talks over here boy!!
Old 04-22-2010, 06:28 AM   #116
Yaris-2ZZ-GE
I've made a post!

Drives: yaris
Hi Chaps, I have a Yaris 2007 model fitted with a 2ZZGE motor and 6 speed box, currently its out of the car though.

I would be happy to answer any questions provide photos of the installation as it goes back together again, its been taken out for an engine overhaul as it was running like a bag of bolts!.

The conversion was not done perfectly first time round by others, so I've been asked to sort it out and do it the right way this time its been my daily ride for about 5/6 months now through work, usually i work on more exotic sports cars like radicals, ktm's, ariel atoms etc...it mostly suffered mapping problems using a apexi FC commander unit, but I believe the engine timing was out also when inspecting it as it came apart, so i think ill see much better results when its all back together again with fresh parts and a re-map/engine set up correctly.watch this space... i think the engine though has quite good potential to be a real goer, it certainly rev's!

if enough interest ill create a webpage for images to be seen up there...and more info as i go along, i might need some advise also as i go along, im no expert on the toyota's as its my first 2zzge engine ive taken apart...

id personally love to fit a AWD GT4 setup in this car, or go RWD only with some forced induction running around 400/500hp maybe more, but for now, ill just get it running with basically what's there, for now...
Yaris-2ZZ-GE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:09 AM   #117
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
i would be interested in pics of the 2zz in your yaris...with explanations of how you shoe-horned it in the engine bay
Old 05-15-2010, 09:16 AM   #118
Torito The Nazi

Drives: Toyota Yaris Blue
Hey guys im new to this site but hello from Puerto Rico... I myself did have a hyundai accent with a 1.8 litter turbo mod. from a hyundai tiburon.... love the sound of the turbo.. It was running stock engine internals at 20 psi 300 hp. Ok the thing is we here made all.. OK the person that makes all the mod on the firewalls an other things was making a toyota echo 2zz he made it. i got the phone number and he is from caguas puerto rico.. By the way the white yaris i think he is from caguas, i heard it from a friend of mine. hey guys i got lot of respect for that engine but in reliability i say its no good all of my friends have broke down theyre 2zz and my hyundai isstill running in mayaguez by the way he just painted the car black.......

SO guys i will be very happy to help u and i woulb be very happy to u guys help me. I want to do smaller mod to the yaris 1.5 not too much just light mods i dont want any higher mods in that car.. I just want to know what trottle i can put in what light mods without turning on the check.. PLease guys help me with that
Torito The Nazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:53 PM   #119
xen555

Drives: 3 DOORS LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torito The Nazi View Post
Hey guys im new to this site but hello from Puerto Rico... I myself did have a hyundai accent with a 1.8 litter turbo mod. from a hyundai tiburon.... love the sound of the turbo.. It was running stock engine internals at 20 psi 300 hp. Ok the thing is we here made all.. OK the person that makes all the mod on the firewalls an other things was making a toyota echo 2zz he made it. i got the phone number and he is from caguas puerto rico.. By the way the white yaris i think he is from caguas, i heard it from a friend of mine. hey guys i got lot of respect for that engine but in reliability i say its no good all of my friends have broke down theyre 2zz and my hyundai isstill running in mayaguez by the way he just painted the car black.......

SO guys i will be very happy to help u and i woulb be very happy to u guys help me. I want to do smaller mod to the yaris 1.5 not too much just light mods i dont want any higher mods in that car.. I just want to know what trottle i can put in what light mods without turning on the check.. PLease guys help me with that
buscate el throttle de corolla 2005 le cae muy bien y no prende la luz... lo unico que tenes que jugar un poco con el tornillo porque queda medio acelerado... un tuberia header y a divertirse... yo lo tengo asi y la verdad que la diferencia es un monton... ahora estoy por ponerle unos injecxtores de corolla que consegui los 4 por 36 dolares en ebay asi que un weekend de estos se los monto...
xen555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 04:13 AM   #120
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
So we have a lot of speculation and seems like some great basic info, but nothing truly solid whether or not this is even worth it. To me it would not make sense to do this swap without upgrading the suspension to a 5 bolt and LSD or am I wrong on that one? You have to deal with the additional weight as well as the pull off the line without spinning as badly as some of the videos depict. Also the problem with the Monkey Wrench Racing company is that they REQUIRE a core swap per email communication with them that I have had and they have absolutely zero use for our 1nz motor per another email from them. The only one that they informed me they would be willing to sell me without a core is the Toyota New OEM 2ZZ Engine (Longblock)-Lotus Elise Exige 2-Eleven which is running a cool $7,120.25 plus shipping. I have verified that shipping to northern Maine would be as follows so your mileage for shipping will vary:

UPS Ground $181.04
UPS 3 Day Select $377.42

So effectively I for example would be looking at roughly 7400k which gets you this:

This brand new engine comes to you complete with many more auxiliary parts than our built race engines. For a simple and quick install the engine even includes:
# Water pump with pulley
# Crankshaft pulley
# Crank and cam sensors
# VVT and VVL Solenoids and filters
# OEM oil pan
# Head oil drain tube
# Engine mount
# Iridium spark plugs
# Lift hooks

This engine is sold for street/race applications and some of you are getting pretty good at blowing up good stock engines so there is no formal warranty on this engine. It is hot tested and sealed from the Toyota factory so we do guarantee initial function and condition. As with all 2ZZ engines, if you plan to run it at the track we strongly recommend oil pan and oil pump upgrades at a minimum.

So that is all you get is what they have in the package. Not saying that it isn't a lot of stuff, but you still need to get everything else like a tranny, Engine Management, etc. Now the biggest plus of this of course is that this isn't the 180bhp motor from the "regular" cars, it is for the Elise/Exige which means it is supposed to have better internals to be able to handle the S/C which bumps it from the 180 you would 'normally" see to 218 roughly if you were so inclined to try and get that mounted up. The biggest issues with the stock 2zz is the weak valves which I have not been able to verify through my research is addressed in the 2zz model for the Lotus cars...

food for thought...it appears that if you went with the fresh from the factory motor you are looking at somewhere in the 12-15k range which puts you into a total investment without any other mods to you Yaris to 28-32k. You could of course go the used route and get everything for cheaper, but since someone mentioned the MWR option I figured that I would clarify things with them. A lot of people would argue that is a heap ton of money for this car when you can spend that much coin and get a hell of a lot more car for your dollar...would be it as fun? Who knows...I am looking into the 2zz myself heavily, but I am curious which route would make more sense in the long run...a 2zz swap or boring the 1.5 to 1.6, upgrading internals, and going turbo.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 10:23 AM   #121
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
Yeah I'd pay 7k for an engine.... a bored out LS2 motor. I know they have to make money somewhere and thats one of the prime areas. I am sure they get salveaged cars they pay $1200 all day to get and take the engine out and part out the rest of the car. It's good money making though
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:34 PM   #122
Toyo Chris

Drives: Yaris HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisPR View Post
If u guys knew spanish I might help by giving the phone number of the guys who do it, but I don't think their english is too god eitheir way
I could translate it for them.
Toyo Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:23 AM   #123
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
you'll still need to cut/box the frame rails and add a front bar for the front engine mount

a friend of mine in town has a built, stroked 2zz in his matrix xrs which is greddy supercharged....iirc he's parting it out....check out evilthorne on matrixowners.com
Old 03-08-2011, 09:04 AM   #124
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
You don't NEED the front engine mount, well on the Echo anyway. Because the transmission has the previsions for the same mount on the front-side in the same spot. same with the rear one.
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:00 AM   #125
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
i have a 2zz block that ive decided to get rid of. LOCAL MONEY talks......

TOYOTA PARTS AT A DISCOUNT........
ROCKLAND TOYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:54 PM   #126
TrashCan Monster

Drives: an egg
man, this swap would be mean!
TrashCan Monster is offline   Reply With Quote