Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-01-2007, 09:49 PM   #55
bladesmith6

Drives: 2007 yaris HB
I don't give a hoot about the Dragon vs Secret weapon part I want a straight answer about the dual tube contruction the secret weapon is supposed to have and I'm not accepting anything but an answer from the manufacturer. If it is nothing more than a regular short ram I'll just build the damn thing myself and save $150 bucks.
bladesmith6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:05 AM   #56
weaponrcs
I've made a post!

Drives: Scion XB
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladesmith6 View Post
I don't give a hoot about the Dragon vs Secret weapon part I want a straight answer about the dual tube contruction the secret weapon is supposed to have and I'm not accepting anything but an answer from the manufacturer. If it is nothing more than a regular short ram I'll just build the damn thing myself and save $150 bucks.

My name is chris w. I am the manager here at Weapon-R. The reason for the Secret Weapon not having the secondary tube in the Yaris is this. The sensor sits too close to the throttle that we actually tried it with the dual tube and it did not perform any better than the single tube. What it did do is perform better than the dragon intake filter. Hence the Secret Weapon intake is the best bet compared to the 2 intakes. Also the sensor section of the tube is tuned to maz gains. Any other questions feel free to call, email , or message.
weaponrcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:09 AM   #57
Vanderkitten

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladesmith6 View Post
I think you just got served... It's funny, I think I've post 10 threads about the Weapon R intake, and it seems to fall on deaf ears. See, we have 2 Project Yaris', the only reason we have them is to test parts and deliver unbiased feedback while promoting our clothing company with 2 very unique cars.

We feel like it's a pretty good deal, and I believe my true comments of the Weapon R, particularly Ram Air v. no Ram Air provide a tremendous amount of value to those looking to make a $200 purchase decision. We still have 2 cars, one running the Ram Air kit, one running foglights, and the one with the Ram Air kit is faster and sounds A LOT better.

Your response above is just silly considering you are talking about $200 parts on a $13,000 car that MAY yield 3 extra HP. Many guys DO build their own, none of these companies claim their product is the best, and if a $100 intake feels the same as a $300 intake, more power to it!
Megan Racing http://www.meganracing.com
Les Schwab Tires http://www.lesschwab.com
317 graphics http://www.317graphics.com
Vanderkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 08:27 AM   #58
bladesmith6

Depends what you mean by being "served" I got a straight answer from the source I asked for, that is all I really wanted. Although I do think they should put a note on that particular part# stating that the construction is different it would save some confusion. As far as being "silly" I've been working on cars since before I could drive(20 yrs worth) and I can take it all the way apart and put it back together and fabricate, point is I might be able to build one just as good, then again maybe not, I'm still learning:) But I feel I should take a shot, I have some parts around to try and thanks to some other peoples efforts I know what problems to look for. I'm not looking for a fight or flame war but what's the harm in trying to save a buck for a "relatively" simple and small assembly? If mine fails, they get my money anyway. My whole point is there is alot of misinformation from a lot of sources, guys on forums, vendor websites, and sometimes even the manufacturer of a product, don't always take their word for it, investigate and find out for sure, you work hard for your money be sure what you are spending it on, you know? Rant over you may now return to you regularly scheduled broadcast.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:02 AM   #59
AlphaFox

Drives: 07' Yaris Liftback - silver
well said bladesmith, I think we have cleared up some confusion reguarding the two intakes. the weapon has the 'ram air' adapter that sort of turns the intake into a CAI while the dragon R has a cheeper foam filter and no ram air. there is no double tube thing or anything, so if you want a slightly better filter and 'ram air' go for the weapon R. if you just want a basic intake that works, like me, go for the dragon. nuff said.
AlphaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:39 PM   #60
AlphaFox

hey, I just filled up since I started using the dragon. I have a scanguage, and when you fillup you put % off the computer is. well normally it reads about 3% off, but this time when I filled up I had to adjust it and it was almost -3% off!! so judging by that I got around 5% better milage, 40.25mpg using the intake! I was driving kind of crazy too, thought it wout be lower!! I drive about 60% highway, 40% country/city.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:32 PM   #61
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
So where is the cheapest place to get the dragon secret weapon intake? Best I found so far was $200 w/shipping.
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 04:36 PM   #62
AlphaFox

http://www.wesellcarparts.com/store/...idproduct=4858
This is where I got it, $109 shipped.

Dan, you better start giving me commision on these!
Old 07-03-2007, 05:04 PM   #63
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
Sweet, thanks! They also have the secret weapon intake for $189, $11 cheaper than what I could find. Alpha, could you post pics of your intake??

EDIT: I found another site that is a tad cheaper for the secret intake, plus you get a RAM air kit, filter cleaner & seatbelt pads. http://www.racinglab.com/to964yar.html. $175.95

Last edited by Astroman; 07-03-2007 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Found another site w/cheaper price
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 06:02 PM   #64
AlphaFox

the secret comes with the ram kit and extra filter by default.. thats why its more. the dude in the beginning of the thread posted a pic, its the same one as mine.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:53 PM   #65
bladesmith6

http://www.racinglab.com/to964yar.html says $175.95 with free ground shipping until july 15th. Give it a look!
Old 07-04-2007, 10:00 AM   #66
AlphaFox

ok.. anything over 109 is for the 'secret weapon'. it is basically the same exact thing as the dragon cept it has a tube to draw cold air and a different filter. IMO its stupid to pay more for that crap when you could just get a dryer vent hose and rig it up for free.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:56 PM   #67
BrazdonW
What kind of car is that?

Drives: Yaris 3d liftback
Send a message via AIM to BrazdonW
i just got ordered the $109 Weapon R intake
does anyone have pictures of it installed?
or does anyone have any reviews of the intake?
Old 07-05-2007, 02:02 PM   #68
AlphaFox

See page 2 for pic
this whole thread is like a big review..
Old 07-05-2007, 02:22 PM   #69
BrazdonW
What kind of car is that?

Drives: Yaris 3d liftback
Send a message via AIM to BrazdonW
haha kay thanks
i was being lazy
i apologize
Old 11-13-2008, 10:07 AM   #70
bobobitch

Drives: Yaris HB
Send a message via AIM to bobobitch Send a message via MSN to bobobitch Send a message via Yahoo to bobobitch
im sorry but i have a question which is better the weapon r secret or the weapon r dragon intake.. im having a hrad time choosing between the 2
bobobitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:41 PM   #71
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Drives: Yaris T-Sport 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobobitch View Post
im sorry but i have a question which is better the weapon r secret or the weapon r dragon intake.. im having a hrad time choosing between the 2
The WR Secret has a much nicer Filter. I think it comes with a cleaner kit for the filter.
The filter on the Dragon looks pretty cheap to me.

Other than that I think they are the same.

What I would do is get the cheap one (Dragon) and after a couple of months when you need to clean up the filter... just throw it away and replace it with a K&N filter.
CASTREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:26 PM   #72
bobobitch

Drives: Yaris HB
Send a message via AIM to bobobitch Send a message via MSN to bobobitch Send a message via Yahoo to bobobitch
you really so you think they are the same just with a different look??? would you happen to know which is heavier.. i cant find to much info on either of them so that is why im so confused... what kind of K&N filter would fit on the dragon intake though???
bobobitch is offline   Reply With Quote