Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-17-2012, 09:35 PM   #1
yours_falsely

Drives: 2008 Yaris sedan
Driver's side window part help

Alrighty, so back in october of last year Optimus (my yaris) was broken into for the head unit. Driver's side window was smashed completely. The next day I got it replaced and re-tinted. However for the past few days driving back and forth from college and home I was hearing a strange kinda thumping/clicking sound from the driver's side door. Today, I go to let my window up and about 4 inches from the top it shifts. couple hours go by and I go to let it down and It won't budge. Long story short (not really), the two white plastic pieces that attatch the window to the regulator broke. the regulator's fine but without those two pieces, I can't even get it to stay up. Any idea what those pieces are called? I'd rather fix it myself than go back to the auto glass shop. Thanks as always.
yours_falsely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:44 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
They are part of the window regulator assembly. Unfortunately Toyota doesn't separate them out, so you'd have to replace the entire regulator assembly.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:52 PM   #3
yours_falsely

...I was afraid of that... CTScott you always have the answers lol. Any idea how much that would cost? (I could probably just check on ebay) As a student I don't have much money lol
Old 03-17-2012, 10:06 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by yours_falsely View Post
...I was afraid of that... CTScott you always have the answers lol. Any idea how much that would cost? (I could probably just check on ebay) As a student I don't have much money lol
It looks like dealer price is about $90, so ebay or a junkyard is probably a better route.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:02 PM   #5
yours_falsely

Turns out that the two plastic tabs I need don't come with the regulator. They come with the glass. So if the shop that installed my window doesn't fix it, I'll have to buy a new window, even though the one I have isn't broken. -_-...