Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-25-2009, 09:48 PM   #55
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB M/T
Gracias. I'll just look at the scionlife website and see if I can't decipher the pinouts based on what you've shown here.
ozmdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:52 PM   #56
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmdd View Post
Gracias. I'll just look at the scionlife website and see if I can't decipher the pinouts based on what you've shown here.
Post a link when you find it and I'll take a look.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:22 PM   #57
vitriumgts

Drives: 1986 Toyota Corolla GT-S
My dealership parts dept friends can't seem to get a handle on D79 8 pin connector as the part number is invalid. Also, when I looked up the 2007 Yaris on toyodiy.com part number diagrams, there isn't a price listed for the 4 pin connector. Perhaps theres just no other way for me to find this connector?
vitriumgts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:50 PM   #58
talnlnky
Audio Junky

Drives: 08 liftback
Send a message via AIM to talnlnky
I wonder if mouser or one of the other giant electronics parts shops would have that they of connector....?
Old 08-27-2009, 09:17 PM   #59
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitriumgts View Post
My dealership parts dept friends can't seem to get a handle on D79 8 pin connector as the part number is invalid. Also, when I looked up the 2007 Yaris on toyodiy.com part number diagrams, there isn't a price listed for the 4 pin connector. Perhaps theres just no other way for me to find this connector?
I am going through the same thing trying to order the connector for the occupant classification ECU. To order connectors it appears that the person ordering has to have a valid VIN number for a vehicle that contains that connector. The EPC doesn't list the connectors, so the ordering Toyota person has to request the part (with a VIN) and then is given pricing.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:18 PM   #60
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by talnlnky View Post
I wonder if mouser or one of the other giant electronics parts shops would have that they of connector....?
They have the pins, but the connector housings are custom.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:51 PM   #61
vitriumgts

I think 2008 models are too new to be in the database at dealerships because only the 2007 4 pin connector is readily in search systems.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:52 PM   #62
vitriumgts

so my friend bought a new corolla with his cash for clunkers rebate and his AUX assembly is 8 pin just like the 2008 yaris. I look very closely at the white connector while it was out and without any magnifying glass or a marker to make the numbers stand out, I managed to find out its a tyco electronic connector and i can only make out the numbers 12551 on it. But for sure I recognize the tyco font so I'll be researching this
Old 03-16-2010, 01:00 PM   #63
limochong

Drives: 2007 yaris sedan
thank guys for all the infos...especially Dave for photos ~~ i found my 4 pin connector at passenger side empty slot...it was bit hard to find this plug cause it was small and wrapped with tape with the wire bundle...anyway it was there exactly where Dave mentioned and bought the aux (stereo adapter assy.) around $33 canadian at local dealership. I have 2007 Yaris, Sedan.
limochong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 04:11 PM   #64
vitriumgts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitriumgts View Post
so my friend bought a new corolla with his cash for clunkers rebate and his AUX assembly is 8 pin just like the 2008 yaris. I look very closely at the white connector while it was out and without any magnifying glass or a marker to make the numbers stand out, I managed to find out its a tyco electronic connector and i can only make out the numbers 12551 on it. But for sure I recognize the tyco font so I'll be researching this
After a little digging at the Tyco Electronics website, a representative contacted me and according to the engineering department the 2X4 8 pin connector is: 175964-1

http://www.tycoelectronics.com/catal...&RQPN=175964-1

It looks to be a match. I'll be ordering one and see if I can finally link my yaris deck to an aux stereo jack
Old 03-29-2010, 08:40 PM   #65
Reeves360

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan, 91 ToyotaTruck
Send a message via AIM to Reeves360 Send a message via MSN to Reeves360 Send a message via Yahoo to Reeves360
Tyco 175964-1

Does vitriumgts or anyone else know what the female part number is that matches the Tyco 175964-1?

I'm not even sure if one exists but I would prefer to have that add some wire to the correct pin locations and then splice on my RCA connectors or run the wires into my after market Pioneer stereo harness.

The reason I would like to do this is because I'm looking at possibly adding an extra AUX input for people in the back and I would also like to not hack up the existing AUX input to make it work with my new stereo. That way if I sell my car I can remove my stereo and none of the factory wiring would be touched.

Thanks for the help.
Reeves360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:19 AM   #66
zachryboles
Chunk love Yarii

Drives: 2008 Silver 3DR Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by talnlnky View Post
funny you mention that..... i used to work for mouser so if anyone needs a large part order at cost i might still be able to help. they have connectors but the housing isnt gonna work....
zachryboles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:54 PM   #67
vitriumgts

I'm having a very tough time ordering a single unit of this connector, and I'm working hard to even get a single sample. Its all Bulk orders or nothing. Can anyone provide any help?
Old 06-20-2010, 12:57 AM   #68
tabako
I've made a post!

Drives: scion tc
The aux input on my scion tc isn't working properly. I get incomplete sound, similar to how it would sound if the male jack was only partially put into the receiving end.

I'm pretty sure the problem lies with the 1/8" receiving jack mounted onto the board, because if I wiggle the cable going into the jack at exactly the right angle, I get full sound quality. I've tried multiple cables, so the problem almost assuredly lies in the receiving jack.

Heres a picture of what I'm looking at:

The part number is 86190-52010 and the dealership wants to charge me just over $100 for it, which is ridiculous.

I'd like to solder off the green box and replace it with a different 1/8" Stereo Panel-Mount Phone Jack but the soldering patterns on the bottom didn't match up with the jack I saw when I went to radio shack.

Does anybody have an idea where I can find a part that will match? Or am I overlooking an easier way to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help.
tabako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:30 AM   #69
ChevronTango

Drives: Toyota Yaris T3 07 Blue
Hey guys, I was wondering if I could get some advice.

I've got a yaris T3, unmodified since the day I bought it and was rather hoping I could add a stereo jack into the in car stereo. The stero looks like this btw

http://www.motiontrends.com/2006/m10...TS_console.jpg

though mine doesn't have the funky dash and air con above and below it. Anyway I did some reading and was told that it would have a set of aux cables by the Handbrake and gear stick. so I poked around and sure enough found a loose connector.

http://imgur.com/WCKEe.jpg
http://imgur.com/hZ6gp.jpg

however when I looked closer and peered around the net some more I became less convinced it was the right cable. For starters the colours on it were very odd, and didn't match anything I'd seen mentioned here or elsewhere.

http://imgur.com/MIzfY.jpg

if you can't easily make out the colours they are

pastel blue
white
brown
pastel green
white black

so I'm confused as to where to go next. is this right, am I even on the right lines. Is it even possible? Sorry if I sound a touch helpless, not really sure where else to turn.
ChevronTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:21 AM   #70
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevronTango View Post
Hey guys, I was wondering if I could get some advice.

I've got a yaris T3, unmodified since the day I bought it and was rather hoping I could add a stereo jack into the in car stereo. The stero looks like this btw

http://www.motiontrends.com/2006/m10...TS_console.jpg

though mine doesn't have the funky dash and air con above and below it. Anyway I did some reading and was told that it would have a set of aux cables by the Handbrake and gear stick. so I poked around and sure enough found a loose connector.

http://imgur.com/WCKEe.jpg
http://imgur.com/hZ6gp.jpg

however when I looked closer and peered around the net some more I became less convinced it was the right cable. For starters the colours on it were very odd, and didn't match anything I'd seen mentioned here or elsewhere.

http://imgur.com/MIzfY.jpg

if you can't easily make out the colours they are

pastel blue
white
brown
pastel green
white black

so I'm confused as to where to go next. is this right, am I even on the right lines. Is it even possible? Sorry if I sound a touch helpless, not really sure where else to turn.

No, that connector is not for the AUX jack, and that particular head unit does not support a direct plug in AUX jack.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:25 AM   #71
ChevronTango

Drives: Toyota Yaris T3 07 Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
No, that connector is not for the AUX jack, and that particular head unit does not support a direct plug in AUX jack.
So is there no way for me to get an aux input (3.5mm stereo jack) for that HU?
ChevronTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:01 AM   #72
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevronTango View Post
So is there no way for me to get an aux input (3.5mm stereo jack) for that HU?
You may be able to find an aftermarket AUX adapter that works with your radio.

Possibly something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CTVTYX002-TOYO...item255b652ec5