Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-26-2019, 02:13 PM   #1
TypeReaL

Drives: 2006 Yaris Hatch
Exhaust mani removal issue

Hey, folks Im working with an 06 yaris and recently bought an ebay header as my factory manifold was cracked ive gotten every bolt out minus the 2 on the bottom of the factory manifold they are so rusted both of them rounded and with the way the pipe bends I am having a hell of a time getting them out has anyone ever had similar situation

edit have used attempted to get easy outs in but the pipe essential makes it go on an angle and i cant get a clean turn on it
TypeReaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 02:32 PM   #2
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
If easy out sockets dont work (use alot of pressure) then cut the bolt head and then weld a bolt onto the rest of the stud, or try vice grips on that stud when the manifold is removed
Old 04-26-2019, 11:30 PM   #3
TypeReaL

will def try that ty vm
Old 04-27-2019, 12:04 AM   #4
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Experienced the exact same issue with my '06. I farmed that job out. I think the guy may have unbolted the rear engine mount, removed the axles and tilted the engine forward. He did as Trevor said - welded nuts onto the studs, worked them back and forth with heat to get them out. One of my axle seals got damaged in the reinstallation process, but he came good and replaced the seal sans charge.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 04:36 PM   #5
TypeReaL

After much heat and removal of the axle which ill tell you the mess with that I did manage to get it out and remove the o2 sensor which seemed to be cross threaded into the stock manifold as if to prevent reuse could be crazy but i doubt its ever been off.

Now when the axle nut came about half way The impact went from full spin to wow thats spinning slow come to find the threads stripped and right near the splines you could see where it turned blue from being so hot but all and all everything goes back in tomorrow when the parts store has the new o2 thanks for all the help fellow yaris enthusiasts ! now the header is done there is more to come :D