Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-15-2010, 05:07 PM   #1
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
Simota sri review?

I'd like to hear some reviews of people who own the intake. I was thinking about picking one up. Any issues like cels with them, any water getting in
from the hood and saturating the filter? Not sure if filters like these lean
out the vehicles a/f ratio either, hurting it?

Thanks!
I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:18 PM   #2
detroiter

I'm sure someone on this site owns one, don't be shy. Let's hear the pros/cons of it.
I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:37 AM   #3
enviri

Drives: 2010 Yaris
which one? i had 2 different simota sri...
enviri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 05:23 AM   #4
detroiter

The one for sale at garms shop, the carbon canister one.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:58 PM   #5
detroiter

This site sure has turned into a tough crowd :)
Old 09-17-2010, 12:25 AM   #6
enviri

i pretty much got that intake waayyy back then...i think i was the first to have it..

pros
- it sounds cool.
- simple to install
- simple to keep clean
- cheap hp, imo gives more power to the high end vs afe, which feels more torquey and lower midrange boost.

cons
- does suck up the warmer temps
- tight fit, leans against headlight.
- doesn't quite like the salty air
- readjustment of bracket and clamps too often to my liking (rattle)*

*the readjustment was probably only during the first runs of this intake...
Old 09-17-2010, 12:36 AM   #7
detroiter

Appreciate the feedback. I'm curious being it's location, have any issues with rain soaking it? I know unless you have the weather stripping, rain water just comes between the line gaps of the hood and front bumper.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:29 AM   #8
enviri

actually, it doesnt get soaked. of course there will be a tiny bit of liquid around, but its mostly dry. it has been driven through some monsoon like rains. no issue; but you can always get a bit of stripping to make sure there's near zero. Besides, that grill is large and water can always find its way anywhere.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:30 AM   #9
2manywheels

Drives: 09 YarHB
Detroiter, I have this unit.
I popped out the drivers side cover(where the driving lights would mount) put a round duct there that brings it up to where the Simota SRI is and woila.. Temp came down.. huge change and keeps it cool. Throttle response was decent. I am swapping out the simota for the stock box in the fall/winter. It gets VERY wet here. If the temp drops over night, it would freeze the outside of the filter. i don't want that.
Also, Agree with Enviri.. The fit isn't great, rubs the headlight enclosure.
Cheers

Last edited by 2manywheels; 09-17-2010 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Missed a note!
2manywheels is offline   Reply With Quote