Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 09-17-2006, 09:10 PM   #1
OK Yaris

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Lug Nuts for Konig Helium Wheels?

Hello,

For those of you who have Konig Heliums on your Yaris, do the factory Toyota lug nuts work with them or did you need to buy different lug nuts? If you had to buy new lug nuts, are they "Acorn" or "Acorn with bulge"? My factory 15" steel wheels came with a short acorn style. I believe the thread is 12mm x 1.5. I've seen some "tuner" lug nuts available, but all I really want is a simple chrome lug nut like the factory nuts. I just test fitted one wheel and the factory lug nuts seem to fit OK. Just looking for a second opinion. Thanks, Mike

edit: Nevermind. I found out I needed the "Acorn with bulge" nuts for the Konigs. The factory lug nuts won't work well with the Konigs. Thanks for looking. Mike

Last edited by OK Yaris; 09-18-2006 at 06:12 PM.
OK Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 10:34 PM   #2
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Drives: Yaris RS 5DR / Vitz RS wannabe
Looks like you answered your own question, but I'll help anyways.

You will need Cone Seat style Lug nuts, and for a better appearance, I suggest Tuner style lug nuts that are Cone Seat. In fact I think standard sized lugs might not be able to fit on the Helium, since the mount hole is very small.

The thread size is 12 x 1.5, keep that in mind.

McGard makes excellent spline drive tuner lug nuts.
There are less expensive brands such as KYO-EI, Muteki, Hayame, etc.. Literally hundreds of brands to choose from.

Just make sure your lugs are 12 x 1.5, and that they are cone seated.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:18 AM   #3
SimmZ

Drives: 2k3 Cavalier & 2k2 Echo
Well, have you try to insert your ratchet socket inside the hole of your wheels. I mean, on my friends Toyota Paseo, when he change his wheels for some Enkei wheels, the nuts itself fit in the hole in the wheels, but there's not space lefting to insert the socket to thight the nuts!!

The tuners logs are just some thiner nuts with a special socket.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:17 AM   #4
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
I got mine when I ordered my wheels from these guys: http://www.buywheelstoday.com/

The kit with 20 nuts, 4 chrome valve stems and the special socket was something like $25.
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 05:58 PM   #5
OK Yaris

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Thanks for the replies. I went to my local tire/wheel store and found what I needed. Plenty of room for a standard socket too. Thanks. -Mike
OK Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote