Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2019, 10:56 PM   #1
Phatdonkey78

Drives: 2007 Hatch
Stumbling idle when stopping.

Hello all,

I'm new here and recently was gifted a 2007 hatch with a few issues. Most were easy to remedy, squealing serpentine belt, hazy headlights, out of round rear drums and things of that nature. One thing that has eluded me has been an idle issue that driving me nuts.

While coming to a stop the car feels like it is going to stall. Just before a complete stop, no matter how brief, the idle will dip to sub 500 RPM, I'm guessing that figure due to it being auto with no tach. It gets to where it feels like it will stall then it will recover. While sitting at idle the RPM will jump around. It has yet to die on me, but feels like it wants to 100% of the time while stopping.

Here are some things I have done to try and fix the issue.

New air filter
New plugs
Cleaned MAF sensor
Cleaned TB without removing it, therefore I'm not sure of the condition behind the butterfly. Used a cinder block to open the TB with the key on to clean around the plenum, but not behind the butterfly valve.

The car has 188k miles on it and I'm very impressed with the mileage over my 2010 Nissan Titan 4x4.

I have seen many posts similar to this but not exact and all of them fizzeled out before a solution was given or found.

I know a fair amount around a car, but when it comes to fuel injection I'm kinda lost. If I'm overlooking anything, please give me some guidance. There is a lot of info on this forum and I hope to get many years of help and offer a lot in the future.

Thanks in advance,
Jeremy
Phatdonkey78 is offline   Reply With Quote