Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-10-2014, 08:46 PM   #127
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Drives: Yaris L Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post

My Gosh, I never thought I'd get so 'addicted' to a car, let alone an entry-level Toyota. I am getting old.....der
yougojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:01 PM   #128
roxy1

Drives: 2014 yaris 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by yougojay View Post
No Kidding! Green, Yellow, Orange...what is with the B O R I N G car colors the past freakin' decade?

Was searching online and found a bunch of 2015's through this site:

http://southeast.buyatoyota.com/yaris

They show a 2014 Red 3 Door Yaris L (like my 2013) & a 2015 White 3 Door Yaris LE - good view of the new front end. I love mine still, it's getting that 'Vintage Older Model' look to it ...

the front of the 15 looks like it belongs on an entirely different car....and the chrome makes this giant "x". it just overwhelms the rest of the car.

it reminds me of a car (the name of which I wont utter) where it looks like designers of two different cars slapped it all together and called it a refresh.

the interior, at least what had been previously been shown, looks to be a slight improvement. however, the front grill and bumper treatment is a big mess, imo. they should have saved it for when the next generation comes around and the rest of the sheet metal was changed.
roxy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:44 PM   #129
YodaBird

Drives: Gray
Oh gawd,r ed and white cars, the white car doesn't highlight the new look and the red is horrible, my Yaris more aggressive looking then either of those.
YodaBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:17 AM   #130
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

It's not like I had a lot of colors to choose from. I wanted a white one, but the last vehicle was white so I was 'pushed' towards Absolute Red - If Toyota offered Banana Yellow, Hugger Orange, British Racing Green Opaque & a Dark Brown Opaque (all with black interiors) I would have ended up buying 4 of them

Seriously Yaris color choices are horrible. You have a choice of white, red, silver, gray, black, blue, Blue & BLUE
Old 08-11-2014, 09:03 PM   #131
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by yougojay View Post
but the last vehicle was white so I was 'pushed' towards Absolute Red

Quote:
If Toyota offered Banana Yellow
My first car I bought with my own money was yellow. I got it for the exact amount credited for the trade in as a favor to my dad. I could have sold it right away for a profit...but I kept it through the end of high school. It wasn't a car that should ever have been manufactured in yellow. VERY few cars (and zero current Toyota models, IMO) look good in yellow. The de tomaso Pantera, de tomaso Mangusta, Saleen S7, Vector W2, and some Ferraris and Lamborghinis come to mind as examples of cars that, IMO, look good in yellow.

Quote:
(all with black interiors)

^^^^^ 'all with black interiors' deserves as many thumbs up as 'hand crank windows' .
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:17 AM   #132
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post

My first car I bought with my own money was yellow. I got it for the exact amount credited for the trade in as a favor to my dad. I could have sold it right away for a profit...but I kept it through the end of high school. It wasn't a car that should ever have been manufactured in yellow. VERY few cars (and zero current Toyota models, IMO) look good in yellow. The de tomaso Pantera, de tomaso Mangusta, Saleen S7, Vector W2, and some Ferraris and Lamborghinis come to mind as examples of cars that, IMO, look good in yellow.

^^^^^ 'all with black interiors' deserves as many thumbs up as 'hand crank windows' .
There are so many boring colors of late, miss the OLD days when there was a choice of 12-20 colors for every car.
Yellow is associated with "lemon" with a lot of people, seeing a yellow Pinto or Vega comes to mind...
To me, having a reliable car in yellow is a different story. Always liked flashy colors on cars. Love the light yellow Yaris color on the 2nd gens.
Yes, Black goes with all colors, too. It's just timeless.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:29 PM   #133
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
There is a small group of people who like the brighter candy colors, particularly fans of small cars. Largely though, people prefer sedated colors - silver, white, grey, black...

Part of it is resale value. The basic colors I mentioned means an easier sell down the road and for more money. Selling a bright yellow or lime green used car is going to be a challenge.
Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:45 PM   #134
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
There is a small group of people who like the brighter candy colors, particularly fans of small cars. Largely though, people prefer sedated colors - silver, white, grey, black...

Part of it is resale value. The basic colors I mentioned means an easier sell down the road and for more money. Selling a bright yellow or lime green used car is going to be a challenge.
I agree. Some cars look good in bright or unique colours, but I'm one of those people who prefer white or silver cars... or perhaps red if it is a small car.

For resale value, basic colours generally attract more buyers and fetch higher prices.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:20 PM   #135
nookandcrannycar

Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimona View Post
but I'm one of those people who prefer white or silver cars
I am as well. I just bought a Classic Silver Metallic 2014 (5-speed MT) L (day before yesterday). With my 2007, I ranked the five MT 3-doors available in the Northeast by color, equipment, and diistance from the physical location of the dealer from where I plopped myself down to do the searches (Chicopee, MA). My #1 choice was a Meteorite Metallic (closest to Silver at that time) Yaris in Cambridge, MA. When I arrived at the dealer, I was told the car was still out on the boat . My second choice was my Bayou Blue baby, located in Rhode Island. In the past, I've owned a white GTI, a Silver Acura, and a Silver 5.0 Mustang.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:24 PM   #136
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
I've always had white or silver cars (with the exception of a red Nissan Sentra, a Blue Mitsubishi Expo, and a teal Suzuki Sidekick).

Good to see a non-studio shot of the new Yaris. I don't particularly like it, but it is much more in-your-face than any other Yaris to date.
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 04:01 PM   #137
Kalispel

Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT
If you visit the official Toyota Canada website, then you can see what will likely be the rear taillight design of the 2015 USA Yaris version. It is a toned-down red/amber taillight, unlike what you see in the European pictures, and the rear reflectors are missing on the rear bumper black trim section. :(

Still, those taillights do look a LOT better on the car from all various angles than the current 2012-2014 ones.

http://www.toyota.ca/toyota/en/vehic...chback/gallery
Kalispel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 05:54 PM   #138
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty-Nine View Post
a Blue Mitsubishi Expo
I used to have a blue Mitsubishi Galant VR-4, and a black Mitsubishi Mirage/Dodge Colt. I know people like them (and they do look good with a great paint job...kept clean and otherwise well cared for).....still, I don't think I will ever again buy a black car.
Old 08-14-2014, 05:58 PM   #139
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalispel View Post
If you visit the official Toyota Canada website, then you can see what will likely be the rear taillight design of the 2015 USA Yaris version. It is a toned-down red/amber taillight, unlike what you see in the European pictures, and the rear reflectors are missing on the rear bumper black trim section. :(

Still, those taillights do look a LOT better on the car from all various angles than the current 2012-2014 ones.

http://www.toyota.ca/toyota/en/vehic...chback/gallery
. I vaguely remember a member posting a DIY re 'covering up ?' the lower reflectors on the USDM 3rd Gen rear bumper.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:13 PM   #140
Kalispel

Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT
Recently posted 2015 Toyota Yaris LE Review, Start up and Walkaround video via YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygYotqeTwVU

Also, side-by-side 2014 vs 2015 video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrYBagAseNU

I really like how the "chrome strip" piece above the license plate is body colored now. If I still decide to buy a 2007-2012 Sedan instead of a 2015 SE, that is one of the first things that I wanted to change, lol.

Last edited by Kalispel; 08-14-2014 at 07:25 PM.
Kalispel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:03 PM   #141
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
The 2015 front end (Yuk!) makes the 2012-2014 front end (which I've never liked) look so much better to me!

The 2015 rear lenses look much better. The back-up lights appear to be in the lower apron. Too bad the rear reflectors have been deleted. Nice to see the chrome garnish is now body colour.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:38 AM   #142
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalispel View Post
Recently posted 2015 Toyota Yaris LE Review, Start up and Walkaround video via YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygYotqeTwVU

Also, side-by-side 2014 vs 2015 video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrYBagAseNU

I really like how the "chrome strip" piece above the license plate is body colored now. If I still decide to buy a 2007-2012 Sedan instead of a 2015 SE, that is one of the first things that I wanted to change, lol.
I dislike the chrome strip, except with my Classic Silver Metallic...probably because there is less of a contrast. I even mentioned that to my salesperson.
Old 08-15-2014, 06:37 AM   #143
roxy1

Drives: 2014 yaris 5 speed
no point of the big screen in there unless navi is gonna be standard...not "a $1000 option". um, no thanks, ill pick up a navi unit for $70 that does a better job anyway. I thought the grey insert in the dash was supposed to be gone but I guess not.

I still don't get it. the whole car is so simple and understated (which I like) then you get to that overdone front grill.
roxy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:16 AM   #144
Flipper_1938

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
I don't get the huge, non-functional grill thing.

Avalon would be a lot nicer without the ugly, giant grill too.

Last edited by Flipper_1938; 08-15-2014 at 06:38 PM.
Flipper_1938 is offline   Reply With Quote