Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-29-2009, 11:58 AM   #1
mrbond

Drives: 2008 meteorite hatchback
Send a message via AIM to mrbond
Anyone know if this will work?

I like the idea of having factory audio controls on a steering wheel so I started looking around at wheels from the tC, xA, xB, and the xD (essentially everything from scion except for the newer xB). There is a new xD steering wheel I'm looking at that has these audio controls on it, and I was wondering if anyone knows for sure (not "I think it will" or "I don't think it will") that it'll fit and wire up with the Yaris' steering column coil wire. If not, will the tC or xA wheel work? Thanks in advance.
mrbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:41 AM   #2
mrbond

Drives: 2008 meteorite hatchback
Send a message via AIM to mrbond
No one at all knows for sure?
mrbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:44 AM   #3
BLAZINBLUEVITZ

Drives: 2007 YARIS 3DOOR
knowing for sure would mean someone would actually have had to purchase said item/s and try install. i KNOW for sure this is not going to work.....
Old 05-13-2009, 04:32 PM   #4
severous01

Drives: 2008 yaris, stripped, red
if toyota is anything like VW then yes it will work. but if it's like GM then no.

see...vw saves on PN and 'customizing' options by making one wire harness for every car...say if one has power windows and the other doesnt, they still have wiring for it...

if it's like a GM, then they have millions of part numbers for one item cuz it's slightly different and if it wasnt equipped from the factory then the harness is likely not there at all...not even a place to do a simple wire install...

my camaro has a factory option for steering controls but mine doesnt have it...neither does the radio. on a firebird which comes stock the radio looks the same but pn is different, and it has an extra input for aux controls...and the wiring behind the wheel is different.
severous01 is offline   Reply With Quote