Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-20-2010, 02:30 PM   #19
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
just checked the 2010 and it's the orange / brown color . There's about 7,000 miles on it . This seems normal . Hopefully , not all our YARII have coolant leaks . Very doubtful .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:54 PM   #20
TheSilkySmooth

Drives: 08 3DR 5M Bayou Blue; 09 Fos
Thanks, Man. After adding a pint of distilled HOH over a week when cold in the morning, the level has stabilized the past 3 days - not loosing any. Hope it was just the dealer checking the coolant when HOT and spilling some out or making a air bubble that I worked out ? ;) All was well before the 30K Toyota dealer service.
TheSilkySmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 06:51 PM   #21
bankrobber

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddyMac View Post
Does anyone know what happens if you put green coolant in the Toyota coolant? I know that if green stuff is put in dexcool very bad things happen.
Dosen't anybody use Prestone or Peak brands anymore? I quess its a Green color. I am colorblind so cant tell Green and Brown
bankrobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:38 PM   #22
auxmike

Drives: 2008 HB, A/T, Power W/L/M
@silkysmooth;
Are'nt you the same member who stated the OEM Thai filters would damage the cars??
I've been using them since day one. 25k miles later, and no probs.

Never take eyes off opponent - Bruce Lee
auxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:03 PM   #23
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
if you get the nerve you could look at some used YARIS or even a new YARIS to check under the radiator cap for the orange - brown coolant . That's what we did . Sure it peed off a few salesman that went and got the key so I could pop the hood to a look around as if we were possibly interested in purchasing them . All for the sake of our YARII . Though it is a bit embarassing . Wonder if the coolant in the 2004 > 2006 XBs are of the same color . Guess I'll have to check out a few used XBs now .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:39 PM   #24
Lucas13

Drives: 07 Yaris LB
I checked my coolant from the readiator and looked brown and rusty too, I took a white napkin and let it absorb some of the coolant and the luquid looks pink as in the reservoir, so maybe is the black background that make it look rusty.
Lucas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 09:58 AM   #25
TheSilkySmooth

Drives: 08 3DR 5M Bayou Blue; 09 Fos
Quote:
Originally Posted by auxmike View Post
@silkysmooth;
Are'nt you the same member who stated the OEM Thai filters would damage the cars??
I've been using them since day one. 25k miles later, and no probs.
And this has what to do with coolant? I was having problems after an oil change getting oil pressure with the thai filters I bought - On two separate cars in multiple instances. Thats more than coincidence or bad luck. Just relating my experience - doesnt mean it applies to everyone/ situation. I guess I could shut up and say nothing. That may comfort the paranoid types or the Iconoclast that arent comfortable in their own skin ;)
TheSilkySmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:26 AM   #26
R2D2
Crazy Oil Sniffer

Drives: MM 09 Yaris 5 Dr LB "Click"
I think Lucas13 is on the right track. I checked the coolant in my 09 and in the overflow tank it was bright neon pink and under the rad cap it was rusty brownish orange. I too think its the darker background changing the color. I didn't think to blotter test it like he did though.

R2
"The howl was the sound of God’s casting pot, the morphing of my cells into shape, the forming of oceans out of molten premordial plasma. And I could feel it. I could cry for it. I could cry with it."
-The Fitful One

R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote