Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-07-2009, 01:43 PM   #1
monchito18

Drives: Yaris sedan
Send a message via MSN to monchito18
Exclamation Future plans on sedan

Hi guys im new to this community and I have a 2009 yaris sedan. I got it on december 1st and all i have done to it is just 20% window tints on sides and i was thinking what others things to do to my car without losing the Guarantee??
I was thinking black rims but then again the guarantee
and btw does anyone know if theres proyector headlights for the sedan??
Tell me guys
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/fun...do=view&id=823
monchito18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:15 PM   #2
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
I don't know of projector headlights yet that are for the sedan. You won't void your warranty just by changing the wheels.

Some lowering springs will help your car have a more aggressive stance, this is a typical "first aftermarket mod" for cars.

After that, mods are generally a matter of looks vs. performance -- there are many parts that serve one or the other function (and some for both).
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:46 PM   #3
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Agree with cali yaris, i would swap in some trd springs, then maybe trd sway bar or lower tie bars. Those are what i did first. Since they are toyota products too they cant claim they voided your warrenty. I too have 20 percent tint in my rears =) Good choice.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 08:46 PM   #4
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Some dealerships will illegally void your warranty if you even change the rims. It's BS. In order to void your warranty, the dealership must conduct some tests to prove that a part is what directly caused a failure. Also, a part will only void the category it is in. I.e. lowering springs (other than TRD installed at a Toyota dealership) will only void your suspension warranty.

If you do not want to deal with the hassle of the warranty issue, go with all TRD products installed at a dealership to avoid any headaches. Personally, I don't think the TRD springs lower the car enough.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:02 AM   #5
YarisPR

Drives: Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by monchito18 View Post
Hi guys im new to this community and I have a 2009 yaris sedan. I got it on december 1st and all i have done to it is just 20% window tints on sides and i was thinking what others things to do to my car without losing the Guarantee??
I was thinking black rims but then again the guarantee
and btw does anyone know if theres proyector headlights for the sedan??
Tell me guys
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/fun...do=view&id=823

Drop and Rims should do the work

Saludos P.R., Cualkier cosa me puedes enviar un PM