Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-09-2011, 11:11 PM   #1
lk250f

Drives: Civic Si
Future maybe yaris owner!

Hello, this is my first post here. My name is Landon and i drive a 2007 Honda Civic Si right now but took interest in the Yaris hatch. Im going this weekend to look around for a manual trans hatch. Anything specific to look for? I know its a downgrade in many ways but i want something simple and that runs on reg gas too. My only plans are to do coilovers, set of 15'' wheels(not sure what kind yet, suggest some please) and just small cosmetics plus maybe a trd exhaust. I want something different, more fuel efficient and that's cheap to mod. I was looking into tein basics for it, but any other good coil brands? Thanks for all the help, i just wanted to introduce myself. Most questions will probably be answered by the time i read through the forums lol. thanks. P.S: What is the most wide wheel i could get with the stock tire. I think theyre 5.5 wide stock, so maybe a 6 or 6.5 tops? I dont want the tires too stretched. Thanks much!
lk250f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:02 AM   #2
EPyarisdriver
...or Vegas for short

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris 3door LB
The yaris is an awesome car I love it.
But yeah you can look around for ideas and also used the search function here. Im not sure how much you can stretch the tires because I got new tires with my rims (the goodyears are not thats good)
Look here for rim and tire packages:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10477

ps... Get a Rear sway bar when you lower it!
EPyarisdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:45 AM   #3
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
you can fit a 225/50/15 tire on the stock rim, which is a 15x6.

I ran R-comp tires on steelies for a bit.. then went street tire to change class for autocross.

wait.. read the question backwards... if its a 185/60 tire, widest is 6.5" safely, if you get the 195/60 you can go up to 7".. I ran a 195/60/15 on my rota GT3 which are 15x7 until my new tires came in.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.. make sure you post pictures so we all can see.

I wish i got the 5 Dr personally.. But if you plan on taking out the back seat and making it a 2 seater, get the 3 Dr. Get a used one.. conservative people drive them so they are rarely abused..
Old 11-10-2011, 09:25 PM   #4
lk250f

Drives: Civic Si
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikerice View Post
you can fit a 225/50/15 tire on the stock rim, which is a 15x6.

I ran R-comp tires on steelies for a bit.. then went street tire to change class for autocross.

wait.. read the question backwards... if its a 185/60 tire, widest is 6.5" safely, if you get the 195/60 you can go up to 7".. I ran a 195/60/15 on my rota GT3 which are 15x7 until my new tires came in.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.. make sure you post pictures so we all can see.

I wish i got the 5 Dr personally.. But if you plan on taking out the back seat and making it a 2 seater, get the 3 Dr. Get a used one.. conservative people drive them so they are rarely abused..
Thanks for the help guys. But yeah i found a few 6.5" wide rims im looking at. I decided on the D2 coilovers. Or should i try anything else in that price range? (900ish). Im looking at 2009 3dr manual with 35k, white and they are asking $9,800. Clean carfax and i think its just the base model.
lk250f is offline   Reply With Quote