Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 09:38 AM   #19
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
learning is a part of life. What you have is a reliable car that gets great gas mileage. You don't want to get rid of it if you owe money on it, that would be crazy, and you would spend so much more on financing and the like.

Just live with it, pay it off, get a credit card so you can buy stuff from Garm.

Oh, and girls just dig the Yaris. i have no idea why, they just go crazy for it.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:50 AM   #20
HTM Yaris
resident senior

Drives: 07 Yaris
Go and price tires , brakes , and insurance for the vehicles you want and compare to the Yaris .

Settling is not bad , especially when you have a goal and are on a tight budget .

It doesn't matter how big your dick is ... its the fact that you are using it at all

Try this ...Tell your GF that you won't buy the Camaro\Tundra b/c it would mean that you would have less money to spend on her and I'll bet you will be using that dick soon and more often
Old 11-03-2010, 10:05 AM   #21
2007yariz

Drives: Yaris sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Kevin. View Post
Heres a picture of my current car before winter hits
Wow, your sedan looks different than my 07 US sedan. For example, the place where the bumper and the car connects, and between the front and back window is acutally metal lol.

You can tell yourself that you are saving alot of money on fuel. Think about how much $$$ you are saving in a year? compared to 20 mpg Tacoma?
Old 11-03-2010, 10:21 AM   #22
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
not to pry, but when you say you don't have a credit card are you saying that you don't even have a debit card? also why can't you use paypal. sure paypal costs the vendors more because they pay fees, but they do it for the communities out there and for the folks that don't have cc or want to give that info out over the net.

as for providing you with reasons to keep the car, well that really isn't something that others can give you. i have had people try to convince me for years not to move away from northern maine. they love it here and there are some good reasons to stay, but deep down in my heart i am unhappy being here so as each day passes i suffered a little more inside. like garm said..."No fun at all to own a car you don't like that much." you aren't different than a lot of other folks when discussing other cars they like here to include me. i could pick up a 50k car honestly tomorrow without any issues, but i LOVE my vios and that is what counts. when you sit into a vehicle it needs to feel like you are with your best friend, like you are putting on an armani suit. this experience could be with a 70s pinto, a yaris/vios, a lotus exige, or a tacoma. bottom line is that the choice to live with the car is on you no one else. the only things that i could say in the way of "convincing" would be that as you selectively do different things to the vios you also make it more and more a part of you as well as more unique. unique = you. that might draw some flaming for saying something so sappy however when you get down to it that is what it is all about. if that wasn't the case then the model t would still be the only car in the world that anyone could buy 100 years later. food for thought.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:57 PM   #23
nemelek
DWEED

Drives: 3DR 2008 Metorite Metalic
It sounds like you made up mind. Find a way to total your car without being your fault and use the insurance money to get what you really want. The only problem is in a year or so you might not be happy with what you have.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:24 PM   #24
Flipper_1938

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
!

Last edited by Flipper_1938; 12-17-2010 at 11:01 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:18 PM   #25
Freedan

Drives: 2010 Yaris Bayou Blue 3DR Lift
Kevin, it seems like your mind is already made up. All that I am going to add is happiness isn't getting what you want, but wanting what you got.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:45 PM   #26
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

Drives: 2010 1E7 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Send a message via MSN to .Kevin.
I get about 1,000 KMs monthly, fill the tank every two weeks for about 40 dollars on my yaris.

How would that translate to a Tacoma?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007yariz View Post
Wow, your sedan looks different than my 07 US sedan. For example, the place where the bumper and the car connects, and between the front and back window is acutally metal lol.

You can tell yourself that you are saving alot of money on fuel. Think about how much $$$ you are saving in a year? compared to 20 mpg Tacoma?
What do you mean? Metal?

And fkn, I don't have a credit card and the bank here denies any jointments of my account or card since I'm under 18, (Turned 17 on October 20th)

The way I COULD get out of this is if my dad takes the yaris pays for it etc and I just trade in his old echo which would get like 4 grand or so, and use it as a downpayment. But I don't wanna ruin his love for the car.

So far looks like I am tanking it through with the yaris
Old 11-03-2010, 05:36 PM   #27
Freedan

Drives: 2010 Yaris Bayou Blue 3DR Lift
Quote:
I get about 1,000 KMs monthly, fill the tank every two weeks for about 40 dollars on my yaris.

Double it.

Quote:
And fkn, I don't have a credit card and the bank here denies any jointments of my account or card since I'm under 18, (Turned 17 on October 20th)
Save your money, give money to parent, have parent buy part with their credit card. If they say no, wait 1 year.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:38 PM   #28
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedan View Post
Double it.

Save your money, give money to parent, have parent buy part with their credit card. If they say no, wait 1 year.
Dad doesn't use credit cards lol all cash.

And damn thats not that bad, I hope this winter doesn't massacre the lil car.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:14 PM   #29
Focus_Sh1ft

Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
I wasn't crazy about this car either when I got it. I had wanted a tC, but my dad waited too long to let me buy a car, and they increased from like 15k to 19k due to popularity. Not to mention I ended up paying for this car entirely myself anyways

I've had my sedan for three years now, and didn't start to really love it until about a year ago after finding this website. The way I see it - anyone can go piss away money on a nice car. In my opinion though, having a unique car is much cooler than the generic sports/luxury car. My car has cost about 18k with aftermarket stuff included, and it's incredibly unique. I've yet to even see another modded yaris around here. Not to mention, it's now stupidly fast, and gets good fuel economy to boot

You're young man... Stick with the cheap car, it makes sense. Save up your money and buy a nicer car when you're a little older. That's my plan atleast.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:17 PM   #30
DARK AGE 53

Drives: 2009 Yaris Onyx
Quote:
I hope this winter doesn't massacre the lil car.
Kevin, sooner or later winter will catch with a Camaro or Tacoma or anything else that is your daily driver, taking care of the smaller Yaris is much easier also.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:41 PM   #31
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

Alright, Alright guys you convinced me the cars 'magical'. I like it but I will now learn to love it, and this is why I like this community TONS. Hell I even ditched my Mustang forum because the motto on those forums is

-NO MUSTANG? NO LIFE. and things around those lines- basically dumb as sh..

Thanks everyone, I also managed to get my bank account connected to my Paypal just waiting for their two deposits to confirm it worked or whatever so hopefully I'll be seeing garm sometime soon. If there is any other way I can make payments for your stuff garm let me know.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:46 PM   #32
BailOut
Steals terrorist's lunch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Kevin,

I feel you should look at why you feel that you don't like the car, and why you feel that another may increase your level of happiness. What I mean is, are these feelings derived from some social need to fit in, a deep desire to fulfill empty marketing promises, a desire to please others, expected performance that is needed rather than wanted, etc?

In a consumer culture we can find ourselves in odd and uncomfortable situations due to two main issues:

1) It is impossible to make a decision without emotional encroachment into the logical thought process, but if one allows the emotion component to weight too heavily on decision making this is where regret comes from later on.

2) The North American culture has dangerously become one of instant gratification, but whenever you get something faster or easier than it should be, be it cars, food or anything else, it always comes at a higher price. Financing anything is not cheap, and cars tend to be the worst and most rapidly depreciating investment one can make. Continuing on this line, rolling one auto loan into another is one of the worst financial pitfalls one can fall into.

As such I ask you to take a piece of the Alcoholics Anonymous 12 step program and perform a personal moral inventory. Look hard within yourself and discern who you really are, go over all decisions you've made whether good or bad, decide what is truly meaningful to you in the long term and how you can achieve these things in a sane, responsible, forward-looking and non-self-harmful way.

That takes most of us a week or two to finish. Once done I think you'll be a in much more realistic and meaningful mental place as it concerns not only your car but many other things, and you will know what to do with and how to feel about your Yaris.

Share the Road

I often carry 2 carpool passengers and mountain bikes
or snowboards/skis over a 4,500 foot elevation difference.
Click the graphic above to see my detailed mileage logs.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:53 PM   #33
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BailOut View Post
Kevin,

I feel you should look at why you feel that you don't like the car, and why you feel that another may increase your level of happiness. What I mean is, are these feelings derived from some social need to fit in, a deep desire to fulfill empty marketing promises, a desire to please others, expected performance that is needed rather than wanted, etc?

In a consumer culture we can find ourselves in odd and uncomfortable situations due to two main issues:

1) It is impossible to make a decision without emotional encroachment into the logical thought process, but if one allows the emotion component to weight too heavily on decision making this is where regret comes from later on.

2) The North American culture has dangerously become one of instant gratification, but whenever you get something faster or easier than it should be, be it cars, food or anything else, it always comes at a higher price. Financing anything is not cheap, and cars tend to be the worst and most rapidly depreciating investment one can make. Continuing on this line, rolling one auto loan into another is one of the worst financial pitfalls one can fall into.

As such I ask you to take a piece of the Alcoholics Anonymous 12 step program and perform a personal moral inventory. Look hard within yourself and discern who you really are, go over all decisions you've made whether good or bad, decide what is truly meaningful to you in the long term and how you can achieve these things in a sane, responsible, forward-looking and non-self-harmful way.

That takes most of us a week or two to finish. Once done I think you'll be a in much more realistic and meaningful mental place as it concerns not only your car but many other things, and you will know what to do with and how to feel about your Yaris.
This is partially what I did, I thought to myself. I figure I would be alot more happier with a decent velocity capable vehicle, nice look etc than the truck or sports car.

The only thing I'm pissed about now is Sleey0 scamming me for my self birthday present lol
Old 11-04-2010, 01:04 PM   #34
2007yariz

Drives: Yaris sedan
Quote:

What do you mean? Metal?

The way I COULD get out of this is if my dad takes the yaris pays for it etc and I just trade in his old echo which would get like 4 grand or so, and use it as a downpayment. But I don't wanna ruin his love for the car.

So far looks like I am tanking it through with the yaris

I was referring to the place between front window and back window.
If you take a look at the U.S. sedan(Nnot mine, but looks the same) :
That part is made of black plastic, on the other hand yours is silver metal.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:45 PM   #35
weapon5

Drives: VITZ
Everyone have a different taste, different driving style and different feel for what they like. To be honest all car have 3-4 wheels and a engine or motor to make them go zoom zoom. although alot more cars come from the factory with a faster 0-60, more power, comfort ride, and etc. The Yaris is not one of those. It was design for reliability, and to be an economic car. That doesn't stop it from making it go zoom zoom with a bit more power :D Ever car i drove and sold i miss them all because all of them are different and offer something the others didn't and trust me i've owned alot of car. I am 23 and started driving when i was 16 and owned about 15 different car in that time. Who am I to say this well I have owned a few turbo car like a 1g dsm to a celica alltrac. I own a SRT10 ram at the moment, and also a yaris as well. I have driven rwd, 4x4, awd, and fwd. so I pretty much driven everything. :D anyways cut to the chase if you don't like it and is unhappy with it sell it. :D go try something else or since your dad love it, be a great son and let him have it :D When you do get a car next time remember what you want. not what anyone else otherwise you will happen to be in the spot you are now :D just my 2 cent!
Old 11-04-2010, 04:28 PM   #36
Zaphod

Drives: Big Yellow
Trading in your Yaris doesn't make any sense if you feel you are financially constrained since you're already driving one of the most economical and practical vehicles.

I mean what's your alternative, sell the Yaris and buy a bus pass?

You could always do what us poor folks always did, buy a car that you can afford to with cash and be prepared for maintenance. Better be willing to get your hands dirty down that road though.

I think your best bet is to take care of the car and pay it off. When the Yaris keeps on keeping on long after your payments are gone you can save your money and avoid car payments altogether on your next vehicle. Then that 0% finance charge can just be $1,000 off, you can be more aggressive with your negotiations, etc ...
Closed Thread