Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-23-2009, 09:20 AM   #1
jamal1984
The Beautification of Car

Drives: Toyota Yaris S
Send a message via MSN to jamal1984
Another Thread about Speeding Ticket

well it's not me, it's my dad, he finally got his speeding ticket after 15 years of driving.
Well he mailed it in and somehow it's was received after assigned court date and now they charge him another $50 dollars for it. Need to due in 1 month or else a bench warrant will be issued for his immediate arrest.
This is no where near 1 month when he mailed the check in.

i paid my ticket in about 2 months before, no problem.

I do feel very sad and angry about this.
jamal1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:54 AM   #2
JBIZZ

Drives: 2007 Liftback white
He should have fought it. Its one of the liberties we still have.
JBIZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 01:01 PM   #3
jamal1984
The Beautification of Car

Drives: Toyota Yaris S
Send a message via MSN to jamal1984
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBIZZ View Post
He should have fought it. Its one of the liberties we still have.
I heard the goven't need moneys really bad lately, is this why they are doing this?

It's feel like paying credit card late payment. It's &^%$ Up.

I called in, and they said no way they will remove it, need to pay $50 dollars now or he will be arrest.

It's just feel like we are living in a communist country now. They tell you to bend over and you need to or else you'll be in jail.

&^^% you govent' for this stupid late fee.

Well i'm paying this $50 dollars for him, and i hope this $50 dollars will go to whoever pass this law for a part as his or her coffin.
jamal1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 01:07 PM   #4
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
You know this happened to me a long time ago and I was unable to fight it. I ended up paying all kinds of fine, and what not. you can always try to go explain that to the judge, though, but ultimately they're make you pay something.

I've heard of judges reducing fines lately due to the economy but you have to show up and you still have to pay.

More recently I mailed in my registration money, didn't get there on time, got to pay a late fee. It sure is f'd up but you don't have much of a choice. they're really cracking down around here lately because the state is broke.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:23 PM   #5
ezhacker1

Drives: Decepticon - Ravage
this thread reminded me that i needed to pay my parking ticket :) would have forgotten.

Check out my Build thread:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52274
ezhacker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:00 PM   #6
JBIZZ

Drives: 2007 Liftback white
A little off subject

Down here in S. Florida, the BSO (Broward Sheriffs Office) receives @ 722 million dollars per year collected from property taxes. That's a ton of money for the police. its enough to pay a $35000 salary to 20,000 police. Off course most of that money goes to lock up non-violent criminals, who could be helped with that kind of money, through rehab and welfare. They have around 6000 police and 600 firefighters. In my opinion no government employee should make over the median income of the US. The main problem is, while families are forced to cut back expenses, governments are only forced to meet their budget. It's kind of like when FedEx raises shipping prices when the price of gas rises but does not lower them when it drops. The police are the biggest gang of them all an commit more wrong doings to society than any other gang.

Governments are downsizing a little, but not anywhere near what the average citizen is. People who lost their jobs are being paid half of what they were making originally. Retirement funds have dropped by 50%. Property value has dropped by close to 50% depending on the area, more in other areas like Detroit. To me it makes common sense to have governments drop their budgets by at least 50%. This would get crooked politicians & employees out of office/position and may even invite people whose mind set is based on service not money.

Now we are going to be forced to buy health care or pay a $1500 fine which is less than what health care costs. The majority of people are not heard anymore. Only the lobbyists are heard. Federal, state, & local governments are totally evading our constitutional rights & have been for some time.
JBIZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:59 PM   #7
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBIZZ View Post
A little off subject

Down here in S. Florida, the BSO (Broward Sheriffs Office) receives @ 722 million dollars per year collected from property taxes. That's a ton of money for the police. its enough to pay a $35000 salary to 20,000 police. Off course most of that money goes to lock up non-violent criminals, who could be helped with that kind of money, through rehab and welfare. They have around 6000 police and 600 firefighters. In my opinion no government employee should make over the median income of the US. The main problem is, while families are forced to cut back expenses, governments are only forced to meet their budget. It's kind of like when FedEx raises shipping prices when the price of gas rises but does not lower them when it drops. The police are the biggest gang of them all an commit more wrong doings to society than any other gang.

Governments are downsizing a little, but not anywhere near what the average citizen is. People who lost their jobs are being paid half of what they were making originally. Retirement funds have dropped by 50%. Property value has dropped by close to 50% depending on the area, more in other areas like Detroit. To me it makes common sense to have governments drop their budgets by at least 50%. This would get crooked politicians & employees out of office/position and may even invite people whose mind set is based on service not money.

Now we are going to be forced to buy health care or pay a $1500 fine which is less than what health care costs. The majority of people are not heard anymore. Only the lobbyists are heard. Federal, state, & local governments are totally evading our constitutional rights & have been for some time.
Yeah! down size govt and stop speeding tickets.
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:59 PM   #8
wiirenet

Drives: Black '09 2dr HB
Send a message via MSN to wiirenet
After working with the post office almost daily for 2 years, I've learned not to trust sending out anything important through regular mail.

I work in an office and am in charge of sending/receiving the mail. We have gotten important business letters MONTHS after the posted date, the post office told us sometimes 'things get stuck' under/between mail bins. They couldn't do anything about it, it was my office dealing with past fines and etc.

Sometimes you won't even know if your letter didn't get there- a few weeks ago, we got a piece of returned mail, that we sent out in 2006. Seriously!!! The stamp was dated Oct 2006 and it seriously was just returned to us as undeliverable.

I've had a few people tell me they sent out a bill that got there late, or someone sent out a package once through regular mail and it got to its destination almost a month later and it wasn't even that far.

I cringe whenever I notice I am sending out someone's personal bill, or something to the government... I do not trust the post office at all. I just got a traffic ticker and waited until it showed up online to pay. I pay every single bill online. If I ever have something important to send out I use Fed Ex. I don't even trust certified mail, because it can still be lost in their sorting facilities or something, just like their regular mail.

And this isn't just because this is office mail- it all goes to the same place after being taken out of here... i just notice all the problems because of the daily volume I deal with..
wiirenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 04:07 PM   #9
nemelek
DWEED

Drives: 3DR 2008 Metorite Metalic
I pay only one bill by mail. It's too bad for the post office but it saves me $3 a month.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:15 PM   #10
wiirenet

Drives: Black '09 2dr HB
Send a message via MSN to wiirenet
You always hear about the post office being broke, but like I said- seeing first hand mail being lost and delayed has made me decide to never use them for something of importance. Really, it may only be 3% of mail that's exceptionally delayed or lost, but I see it a lot since my office sends/receives a lot of mail, but it still has made me take my personal mailing needs elsewhere. It shouldnt be a guessing game with your mail "Oh, will this important bill be part of the 3% that gets delayed by a few months or completely lost, lets see and find out!" No thanks.

I think the post office is broke for a reason, their service is horrible. Not always- but once in a while and that 'once in a while' won't be happening with my bills/tickets/whatever
wiirenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 08:18 PM   #11
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
The better solution to this would to not speed...

I don't want to seem obtuse but, I have cruise control on my Yaris. I use it religiously. I haven't had a speeding ticket since I first stepped into the vehicle.

You have to remember for the most part, even one MPH over the posted speed limit is a good tertiary reason to stop someone. It allows the police to question someone for some other suspected infraction.

Your father could also simply go to the courthouse and pay the fine.
Old 12-25-2009, 12:39 AM   #12
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
This is why most people pay everything online now days. Not too many people pay by mail. My health insurance is the only thing until recently i paid by check only because they would not take online payments. When i got my ticket i paid it online and got confirmation within seconds of payment.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:20 AM   #13
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Sucks for u my friend 5-0 Sucks I hope he gets everything cleared up
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote