Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-26-2012, 08:57 PM   #109
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammy View Post
Oh ok! Thanks.
And where can I tap into the parking lights? The lights that turn on when you twist the switch half way. I am also installing some LEDs for the interior and I want them to turn on w/ the parking lights. And do any of you recommend the "L bars" or just regular LED clusters? I want them to go under the whole dash kind of where your feet go.
See my remote start wiring DIY for the parking light connection:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24860
Old 10-16-2012, 08:33 AM   #110
rhendy87

Drives: Yaris
Hi guys,

im new to the forum here.i am trying to install a yaris smart entry and remote start.i have a few wiring question such as follow :

1.Oil circuit detection
2.hand brake
3.cut oil and electric circuit off
4.door detection
5.windows regulating control

for Yaris central locking wiring.what type of wiring is it?is it negative triggering or possitive triggering?

btw my yaris 2010 5 door hatchback.

i will really appreciate if someone can help me here.

regards,

Rhendy
rhendy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:47 AM   #111
rhendy87

by any chance..any1 can help me?
Old 10-19-2012, 12:38 PM   #112
CTScott
ULTIMATE

I thought your post might have been spam with odd combination you were asking about, but since you sent me a PM with some specific questions, it seems like you are not a spammer.

In your PM you mentioned that you found all except these two:

1.Oil circuit detection
2.Cut oil and electric circuit off.

For #1, the Yaris has an oil pressure switch that is located on the front of the block about 6 inches above the oil filter. It has a single yellow wire (since its case is grounded to the block). That yellow wire is only an input to the instrument cluster for the warning light.

For #2, I am not sure what you are looking for. The only circuit associated with oil is that simple oil pressure switch.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:53 PM   #113
rhendy87

[IMG]

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

thank you so much scott for replying..

i've attached the wiring diagram i received from the maker.

the information i received for the"oil circuit detection"wiring has got to do with the fuel pump wiring.it is added as a security feature in anycase if somebody try to breakin in the car without authenticating the wirelesskey(force breakin).The engine wont start.it has something to do with shutting the car off.

i think that in this case is not oil but fuel.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:19 PM   #114
CTScott
ULTIMATE

OK - That makes more sense for it to be the fuel cut-off. Sometimes the directions seriously lose something in translation.

In that case, you are interested in the violet wire on Pin 7 of the smaller ECM connector.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:48 PM   #115
rhendy87

the Y&W wire goes to Violet wire.
how about the Y&GN wire?where do i connect that wire?

or do i connect both wires to violet?

i read in your DIY Cruise control thread.A21 pin is located in the engine bay.is there any other location easier to access to fuel cut off?

i am speculating based on your pictures.is that the correct violet wire?
Old 10-19-2012, 02:51 PM   #116
CTScott
ULTIMATE

I would need to see a better explanation of the module. In theory there should be two wires - in and out, so the device can interrupt the fuel pump feed.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:40 AM   #117
rhendy87

i manage to get the smart entry working well and fine with no problem.haha..

i take the fuel pump wiring from under the car seat.

thanks scott for helping out.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #118
fase4

Drives: Yaris TS 05
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post

On the headlight stalk connector (remove the bottom steering column cover to get to it), Pin #13 is the switched wire for the taillights (which turns on with with both the high and low beams).

If the car has daytime running lights (or is 2009 or newer), then pin 13 is a ground, switched by the headlight switch (so, you would use pin 13 as your LED ground and would connect the +12 wire for the LEDs to a 12 volt source).

If the car is 2008 or older and does not have DRLs, then Pin #13 is not a switched ground, but instead is a +12V feed which is switched at Pin 10 (the wire to the left of the Pink one) (which will be green instead of white with a black strip). So, on this vintage, you would connect the + wire for the LEDs to the green wire in pin 10 and the - wire of the LEDs to a chassis ground.
hi! If I want to turn something on with the flash or high beams od the headlight, were I had to connect the + and - wires of my 12v circuit? I wanna do this because I want to open my garage goor with the opener activated when I flash my headlights.

Maybe I have to tap de + with the Pin 9 and the - at the Pin 11?
fase4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #119
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by fase4 View Post
hi! If I want to turn something on with the flash or high beams od the headlight, were I had to connect the + and - wires of my 12v circuit? I wanna do this because I want to open my garage goor with the opener activated when I flash my headlights.

Maybe I have to tap de + with the Pin 9 and the - at the Pin 11?
If you have a 2005, then yours is a fist gen, so the headlight wiring will be different than the second gen connector pictured.

For the first gen, the red wire with the yellow strip in pin 9 is the high beam wire from the switch. That wire gets switched to ground when the high beams are flashed, so you would use pin 9 as your switched ground wire.

You would want to use a relay that you switch the coil of with that wire, and then use the normally open relay contacts to trigger your garage door opener's switch.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:07 AM   #120
fase4

Drives: Yaris TS 05
regarding to colors, I cannot rely
lol

Mines is a european base model so maybe for that the colors difference

Ok I get it about the pin 9. So I tap here the - right? what about the + connection? Also the relay for what would serve?

sorry for the question but I know almost nothing about this

Last edited by fase4; 03-05-2013 at 07:58 PM.
fase4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:52 AM   #121
yelcur
yelcur

Drives: toyota yaris sedan
please send full detail on toyota yaris sedan year 2008. .front totally damaged in accident .if someone selling parts let me know..! wiring system completely damaged.
yelcur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:30 PM   #122
bonnorano
I've made a post!

Drives: jdm wannabe yaris
Hello everybody i missing a dimmer switch on my indonesian/thailand yaris 2012 5doors, i want to add tachometer on my yaris. Please help me :(
bonnorano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:34 PM   #123
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnorano View Post
Hello everybody i missing a dimmer switch on my indonesian/thailand yaris 2012 5doors, i want to add tachometer on my yaris. Please help me :(
The Asian market Yaris do not have the dimmer rheostat. You can either just use ignition switched power for the tachometer illumination wire of you can use the illumination wire on the radio.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:43 AM   #124
Mittelklasse
Problem, officer?

Drives: '06 Yaris 5DLB 1.5
My Thailand-spec Yaris uses electronic dimmer circuit built within the instrument cluster.

You have to toggle the trip button while having your lights on to access this function.
Mittelklasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:41 AM   #125
BADIS

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007
Hi all. I'm planning to buy and mount a tachometer and water heat gauges on my Yaris 2007 Sedan. I've seen some loose wires and harnesses near the engin. These are unplugged . My yaris is number 2. It comes without RPM and Water heat Gauges. I bought it in Sultanate of Oman. My question is: does Yaris come with ready harnesses to plug and play my gauges? Otherwise, could you please show me how to mount them? What and where are the right wires located?
Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BADIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 11:34 PM   #126
THEBRADLEY
I've made a post!

Drives: 06 hatch
hey man i was wondering if you could tell me how to go about installing footwell led lights to be activated with a switch prefferably in the center console by the e-brake. i know you have to bypass the firewall somehow for power, but i have no idea how/where to do so. help would be greatly appreciated.
THEBRADLEY is offline   Reply With Quote