Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-18-2010, 10:15 PM   #1
yuriyaris615
I've made a post!

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Question Aftermarket wiring harness help

Hey guys, help a newbie out here

I have a 2008 Yaris Sedan. I'm wanting to replace the stereo (non-integrated) with an aftermarket CD receiver.

Here's what I have:

Receiver: Sony Xplod CDX-GT340
Dask Kit: Scosche TA2077B

I've seen videos of how to disassemble the dash in order to install, but I have 2 questions:

1. My receiver came with the wiring that plugs into the back of the receiver...will I need an additional harness to connect the wires to the car's stereo system? If so, what kind and where could I buy it?

2. Anybody know of any good step-by-step instruction websites with photos of each step?

I'm looking to do this myself (as a learning process and to save some money) and would appreciate any help!

yuriyaris615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:29 PM   #2
fxny12004

Drives: Nautical Blue Yaris S Sedan
1. When it comes to the radio wires im pretty sure its the same for all. Im not 100% sure, but the only folks who used to sell harnesses specific to an aftermarket radio is now out of business (circuit city), so you are going to have to attach those wires together either using crimping caps, or wire taps, heat shrink etc. I know because i was in your position up until today( Just finished installing a gps receiver while being noob! Wohooo!).

2. All you have to do is look at the radio wire color guide stickied to the top of this forum section (extremely helpful) and match them with the wires that came with the receiver you bought by again using wire taps or crimping caps etc. I made many noob questions about installation and i received a lot of help from the folks here at yarisworld, so take a look at my thread and see if its of any help.

Don't worry, youll do fine!!!

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27818
fxny12004 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audio, cd player, installation