Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-26-2017, 10:38 AM   #37
1zzVitz05

Drives: Echo 05
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleblueechofromOZ View Post
Will this be much different in an echo (04)? would the mounts be the same?
I swapped a 1zz out of a 98 corolla in my echo and it involved alot of cutting from the frame rails, but rear trans support fits the c59, dont know much about the 2zr though..

Echo and yaris are completly different the echo railsare way more narrow than the yarises..

Edit echo rails are parallele from the firewall, the yarises kinda gets in a U shape right after that, allows more room, a guy here swapped a 2zz in a 07 yaris but kept the OE 5 speed to avoid cutting the rails.
1zzVitz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:42 PM   #38
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Drives: 2015 Yaris LE 3door 1F7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1zzVitz05 View Post
I swapped a 1zz out of a 98 corolla in my echo and it involved alot of cutting from the frame rails, but rear trans support fits the c59, dont know much about the 2zr though..

Echo and yaris are completly different the echo railsare way more narrow than the yarises..

Edit echo rails are parallele from the firewall, the yarises kinda gets in a U shape right after that, allows more room, a guy here swapped a 2zz in a 07 yaris but kept the OE 5 speed to avoid cutting the rails.
2zz pretty much fits in the 3rd gen too because its the same car with different body panels

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
DarkShadowFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 08:26 PM   #39
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushforhire View Post

On the auto you will also need to add a pin in upper connector in hole 9, next to the blue wire in location 10. This wire will need to be grounded to the transmission. The valve body in the yaris grounded itself to the ecm, but the xD harness does not provide that.
This is the connector and blue wire, in the picture it is the hole directly right of the solid blue wire.
Attachment 57109
The easiest way to achieve this, is to take one of the pin/wires out of the old yaris trans, remove the rubber plug on the xD connector, and pop the yaris wire in there. The just add an eyelet and ground it to the trans body itself.
The following picture is not correct, but will give you an idea of what it would look like. I was confused and cut the blue wire and grounded it. I should have left it alone, and added a wire and grounded it the same way. So do not cut the blue wire and ground it!
Attachment 57110

I will hopefully as some point try and get a better pic, of what it should look like, but it is really crowed in there and hard to get a clear shot. Soon though.
Hi brushforhire. I am hoping that you can help me here as I'm almost ready to do my engine swap. I am keeping my Yaris transmission but, of course using a Scion xD harness. I think I have all the other wiring figured out except the trans ground for the yaris.

Your pic is below. You indicated that the hole immediately to the right of the solid blue wire would be used for ground to block. That would be "9", correct?

Here is my Yaris connector, still on the car. Hole "9" is aready occupied. Can you tell me which hole I should use for the ground?

Here is my xD connector. The "9" hole is also occupied on this connector. There no pin in position "7" (vacant hole) of the female connector attached to the Yaris transmission.

Thank you very much in advance.

Adam

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/

Last edited by 06YarisRS; 10-24-2018 at 10:27 PM.
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 01:35 AM   #40
ArmstrongRacing
Data doesn't lie

Drives: That Scrappy 2zrVios
ArmstrongRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 11:08 PM   #41
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SwJ0Xo3Xls&t=0s

They make it look so easy :D

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote