Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Items for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-13-2014, 09:09 AM   #73
longlivekel

Drives: Rover Mini S
Thanks Greg
longlivekel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:24 PM   #74
rexseesyou

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan S
Hey everyone! So, I've had the tooter spacer installed just over a week now. I just wanted to give credit to Greg where it's due and say that you definitely feel the torque difference at low rpms and you can get up to traffic speed from a red light a lot easier with the spacer on. Greg walked me through the install as this was my first time removing the intake manifold and was very patient with all my stupid noob questions. I just wanted to say that Greg is a great seller and he isn't shy to share his knowledge and help you out with any questions.

Thanks again, Greg!
rexseesyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:48 PM   #75
dragoonmc

Drives: 07 hatchback
Has any one put this on with the stock airbox yet?
Old 03-18-2014, 10:47 PM   #76
tooter
play every day

Drives: 2012 Yaris L 2dr 5sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexseesyou View Post
Hey everyone! So, I've had the tooter spacer installed just over a week now. I just wanted to give credit to Greg where it's due and say that you definitely feel the torque difference at low rpms and you can get up to traffic speed from a red light a lot easier with the spacer on. Greg walked me through the install as this was my first time removing the intake manifold and was very patient with all my stupid noob questions. I just wanted to say that Greg is a great seller and he isn't shy to share his knowledge and help you out with any questions.

Thanks again, Greg!
You're welcome, Rex.
I don't mind helping because every new product is uncharted territory that no one has travelled before.

Greg
tooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:51 PM   #77
tooter
play every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoonmc View Post
Has any one put this on with the stock airbox yet?
I don't think anyone has so far, but I'm pretty sure that it will work because the stock rubber intake hose is pretty flexible, and the spacer doesn't move the throttle body closer or farther away from the air box, but moves the throttle body sideways in relation to the air box.

My tooter intake manifold also relocated the throttle body sideways in relation to the stock air box, except that it also moved it closer, so I trimmed a couple of inches off the hose and it was still flexible enough to easily make the sideways offset.

If anyone does use their stock air box, please let everyone else here know how it goes, as that's useful information.

Greg

Last edited by tooter; 03-18-2014 at 11:01 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:33 AM   #78
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
It does make the heat shield on the K&N SRI (Typhoon) almost unusable. Fortunately for me, one of the brackets on the shield is no longer connected, so it allowed for some flex. I do, now, have a rattling sound because of this. haha.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:42 AM   #79
Kaotic Lazagna

You can see that the intake pipe is no longer in the center of the heat shield passageway and is actually pushing the heat shield forward.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG1100.jpg (134.9 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG1102.jpg (154.7 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG1103.jpg (118.6 KB, 133 views)
Old 03-19-2014, 06:51 PM   #80
rexseesyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
You can see that the intake pipe is no longer in the center of the heat shield passageway and is actually pushing the heat shield forward.
What is the wrap you have on the K&N intake and mesh around the filter? I have the same intake and am wondering if that helps.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:55 PM   #81
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
What is the wrap you have on the K&N intake and mesh around the filter? I have the same intake and am wondering if that helps.
It's just heat reflective wrap (not a header wrap). The mesh around the filter is a K&N dry charger pre filter. Helps prevent water from getting sucked in.

Old 03-19-2014, 07:56 PM   #82
Kaotic Lazagna

As for the heat reflective wrap, it does help, but only noticeable, for the most part, under conditions that will allow heat soaking.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:31 PM   #83
rexseesyou

Quote:
As for the heat reflective wrap, it does help, but only noticeable, for the most part, under conditions that will allow heat soaking.
Thanks for the info!
Old 03-20-2014, 11:37 PM   #84
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Thanks for the info!
No problem
Old 03-20-2014, 11:39 PM   #85
Kaotic Lazagna

One fill up since installing the Tooter spacer. After 340.9 miles of my car Tooting along (lol), it got 42.3 mpg. That's a slight improvement from my 40.3 mpg average.

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/07vios/yaris
Old 03-21-2014, 01:51 AM   #86
tooter
play every day

Quote:
One fill up since installing the Tooter spacer. After 340.9 miles of my car Tooting along (lol), it got 42.3 mpg. That's a slight improvement from my 40.3 mpg average.

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/07vios/yaris
Heck, that's already really good even without the spacer.
We have only three fillups since the spacer and the overall average is 37.5 mpg, and that's with no freeway driving. Before the spacer, stock manifold and, stock throttle body, I was running the tooter et and the 1ZZ throttle body. The mileage average for 4 fillups was 39.9 mpg but that was with freeway driving.

Greg
Old 03-21-2014, 12:30 PM   #87
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
Heck, that's already really good even without the spacer.
We have only three fillups since the spacer and the overall average is 37.5 mpg, and that's with no freeway driving. Before the spacer, stock manifold and, stock throttle body, I was running the tooter et and the 1ZZ throttle body. The mileage average for 4 fillups was 39.9 mpg but that was with freeway driving.

Greg
Thanks

As everyone can see in the log book portion, my mpg's are rather consistent from week to week, as I'm usually doing the same driving day in and day out.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:55 PM   #88
dragoonmc

Drives: 07 hatchback
Hey got mine installed last night. With the stock air box this is kind of hard actually.

Things that are probably worth Mentioning are that the vacuum lines need extended, the sensor just off the throttle body cannot be mounted back into the boot due to the length of the wires. The coolant hose that comes up and over the manifold is actually long enough on its own, though the lower one does need extended or replaced if you can get it the other end off.

Without anything mounting the wiring harness that runs across the engine this might eventually lead to fatigued and broken wires, I will figure out something to attach that to and hopefully re attach the decorative cover
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-03-21 18.06.18.jpg (395.8 KB, 147 views)
Old 03-22-2014, 01:04 AM   #89
Kaotic Lazagna

I had to extend/swap out the hose that red on yours, and the PCV hose. I was, oddly enough, able to reuse the coolant hose that goes to the TB.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:36 AM   #90
tooter
play every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoonmc View Post
Hey got mine installed last night. With the stock air box this is kind of hard actually.

Things that are probably worth Mentioning are that the vacuum lines need extended, the sensor just off the throttle body cannot be mounted back into the boot due to the length of the wires. The coolant hose that comes up and over the manifold is actually long enough on its own, though the lower one does need extended or replaced if you can get it the other end off.

Without anything mounting the wiring harness that runs across the engine this might eventually lead to fatigued and broken wires, I will figure out something to attach that to and hopefully re attach the decorative cover
I also had similar hose situations when I installed the spacer on my Tacoma. And got around the intake issue with an aftermarket intake, where the whole thing simply moved right along with the new throttle body position.

Greg