Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-28-2009, 05:15 PM   #1
d.one

Drives: wht [s]
Signal wire on Oxygen sensor???

I've been at this for a few months, searching high and low. Does anyone know what wire is for signal on the oxygen sensor? I want to hook up my air/fuel ratio (narrowband) but i can't seem to find anything on what color's the wire.
d.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 01:59 PM   #2
d.one

Drives: wht [s]
thanks, i'll give it a try
d.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 07:32 AM   #3
TheSilkySmooth

Drives: 08 3DR 5M Bayou Blue; 09 Fos
You want to use the primary O2 sensor OTW U get false data. Post catalysis O2 readings are meaningless. Personally - I wouldnt tap into this - will screw up ECU. Use scan gauge. This car uses WIDEBAND o2. Call a tuner for more info.
TheSilkySmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:20 AM   #4
cruz-gsr

Drives: 08 Yaris Lift Back
hey i got the same problem where can i tap to the signal wire
Old 02-12-2010, 09:47 AM   #5
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruz-gsr View Post
hey i got the same problem where can i tap to the signal wire
The wires comes out of the floor under the carpet, about 6" before the gas pedal and goes into the center of the dash, under the hvac controls.

The Yaris uses a heated sensor, and has the signal floating on an offset voltage. A couple of months ago I pointed someone else to the wires and where to connect them, but his AFR gauge couldn't handle the offset voltage. Most gauges seem to want to be connected to their own sensor and not share the sensor with another device.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:25 PM   #6
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_hrs View Post
I've go mine tapped into there, and it seems to work fine...

Cheers
What brand is yours? The one that the other person couldn't get working was a SunPro Sport ST.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:52 AM   #7
benja
I've made a post!

Drives: yaris 2007 automatic shift
IŽd found that the front sensor is wideband, with one 12 volts wire, one ground, and two wires with milivolts, the grey has got the higher votage, thats the signal wire for bank 1 sensor 1 ( before the catalist), but after the catalist, and found an rare thin, has got 4 wires, again 2 of them with low voltage, that are the "pump wires", the one with the higher voltage is the signal, but the rest 2 wires, are both 12 volts, no grounds, my is a 2007 yaris. Has anyone found this to??..is the back sensor another wideband one?
benja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:20 PM   #8
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
It is a heated sensor, The 2 wires that are the heater are usually the same color (usually black or grey) - dont tap into these, The other 2 wires are the signal from the sensor back to the ecm which should be blue and white. If you look at the sensor if the first 5 digets are 89465-xxxxx then your vehicle has a oxygen sensor, if its 89467-xxxxx then its equipt with a air fuel ratio sensor. If you have the second part number then you will need to purchase a wide band gauge

Last edited by YarisSedan; 04-25-2013 at 12:36 PM.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:28 PM   #9
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Rear sensor is not heated pretty sure, and not useful at all for air/fuel.

For the front sensor:

Quote:
I pointed someone else to the wires and where to connect them, but his AFR gauge couldn't handle the offset voltage. Most gauges seem to want to be connected to their own sensor and not share the sensor with another device.
It's best to add a dedicated bung for an air/fuel gauge IF that's what you want and IF you want it to be accurate.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote