Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-20-2007, 06:03 PM   #1
Yaris TTE JWRC

Drives: 07 5spd red Yaris HB 1.5L 16V
Angry Some old fool hit my Yaris in the back!!!!

Yesterday, i got off work at 1400, and went on 405 north from Irvine CA to HBC, it was a lil traffic, and i was all the way on the left lane, so the traffic stops and goes, but then at this one stop, first i heard honking, but i couldnt tell where it was, so i check all the car around me, and everything was fine, the car right behind me was an ugly PT cruser with an old fool in there, as soon as i took my eye away form my rearview mirror i heard a honking again, then i heard engine rev, and then i got hit from the back!!!!!!! it wasnt too hard, but it did knock my head backward, then i was like wtf!!!!!! i got out my car in the middle of 405 with all the traffic started to move in all lanes, my next lane to the right was the car pool lane , and make it very dangerious to get out my car, so i got out any way to see if there was any damage, but i couldnt see any, so i raised both my arms and like wtf??? to the old punk!!!, then he did the same thing, i was mad, some stupid old punk hit my Yaris, anyway so i drove home and checked my bumper again, i guess it was really a light hit, i didnt find any damage, but my plate number did have a very lil damage, damn i was so piss when i drive home, i will never go on the freeway again when its traffic time and pouch of stupid asses that dont know how to drive, so becareful.
Yaris TTE JWRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:30 PM   #2
Pars

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
It's too bad it was an old fool instead of a young babe. In which case, spending some extra time to exchange phone numbers would have been worthwhile
Pars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:30 PM   #3
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
^^^Sorry to hear about that! So was the guy just very impatient and he hit you?? Wow what a jerk! Did you get his liencence plate? Even if you can't see the damage you never know! Of course I've been in finder benders that it does it matter cause it didn't do any damage, maybe a very very very light scuff on the paint but nothing worth to spend $$$$$. Bring it to a body shop so they can inpect it. Anyway I'm sorry to hear about this!

P.S. I HATE PT Crusiers, FUGLY pieces of SH$^&*$T!!
Old 01-20-2007, 06:44 PM   #4
Yaris TTE JWRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pars View Post
It's too bad it was an old fool instead of a young babe. In which case, spending some extra time to exchange phone numbers would have been worthwhile
I totally agree with that

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECHOKnight2000 View Post
^^^Sorry to hear about that! So was the guy just very impatient and he hit you?? Wow what a jerk! Did you get his liencence plate? Even if you can't see the damage you never know! Of course I've been in finder benders that it does it matter cause it didn't do any damage, maybe a very very very light scuff on the paint but nothing worth to spend $$$$$. Bring it to a body shop so they can inpect it. Anyway I'm sorry to hear about this!

P.S. I HATE PT Crusiers, FUGLY pieces of SH$^&*$T!!
I really dont know what the real reason was that i got hit, because when i checked that old punk in the rear mirrow, we were all in a complete stop (all traffic were stopped), then i got hit, i think either he was just fu@king stupid, or he just hate my car, what a Bi@tch!!! Hell yea!! PT Crusiers are so Fu@king ugly, i dont understand how people can like that car, mostly old fools like them
Old 01-20-2007, 06:45 PM   #5
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
road rage? Maybe he was just frustrated to be in traffic?
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 07:00 PM   #6
tiksman

Drives: 07 Red Hatch
It comes down to how little respect we get on the road in our liftbacks. Jackasses riding our ass and even when we are at 80 plus they still think they have to pass the little car.
tiksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 10:32 PM   #7
foober

Drives: two yaris liftbacks
Sadly its our society now. No one respects one another. If it wasn't you it would have been someone else in another car. People are just upset with life in general and seem to not care about the next person. It will probably stay the same or get worse until something happens to make people realize you have to respect one another to get along. I imagine it was like this before every great calamity.
foober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 10:33 PM   #8
Impresive-G

Drives: 2007 Vitz Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Impresive-G
Dood! He fucking hit you! So that was a bit of wiplash. I would of so fucking sued! Shit I would have gotten his plate #. Gotten home. Hit up a few of my homies. Tell them to beat the crap out of my rear bumber. Then call the insurance company and tell them what happend. Take photos of your busted rear bumper. Gave them the photos and the plate # of th eguy responsible for doing it. And wala. A check for a new JDM bumber! lmao

,___,
[O.o] O'RLY?
/)__)
-"--"-
Current: 2007 Toyota Yaris
History: 1988 Toyota Tercel (sold), 1993 Nissan 240SX (sold)
Impresive-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 10:42 PM   #9
Yaris TTE JWRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by foober View Post
Sadly its our society now. No one respects one another. If it wasn't you it would have been someone else in another car. People are just upset with life in general and seem to not care about the next person. It will probably stay the same or get worse until something happens to make people realize you have to respect one another to get along. I imagine it was like this before every great calamity.
thats right man, people dont give a sh*t when they drive, especially the ones drives a peice of sh*t, and for us that drive a nice looking new car to get hit, it will be pretty f*cked up, so becarful on the road, watch out for idiots!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impresive-G View Post
Dood! He fucking hit you! So that was a bit of wiplash. I would of so fucking sued! Shit I would have gotten his plate #. Gotten home. Hit up a few of my homies. Tell them to beat the crap out of my rear bumber. Then call the insurance company and tell them what happend. Take photos of your busted rear bumper. Gave them the photos and the plate # of th eguy responsible for doing it. And wala. A check for a new JDM bumber! lmao

I dont know man, i wish i was insane enough to do that.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:47 PM   #10
Impresive-G

Drives: 2007 Vitz Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Impresive-G
It's not insane. Its more so insurance fraud if you get cought. Lol Trust me mahn. A lot of people do this. Some people gut out their interior and sell it on ebay. Then they claim the next day that someone broke in their car and tour everything out. Insurance company now has to either A: Tell you to take your car to a shop so everything can be re ordered and installed. or B: Tell them just to write you a check so you can do it all your self and install some Bucket Seats and do your own personal costum interior. Ive seen this done.

,___,
[O.o] O'RLY?
/)__)
-"--"-
Current: 2007 Toyota Yaris
History: 1988 Toyota Tercel (sold), 1993 Nissan 240SX (sold)
Impresive-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 11:06 PM   #11
60 Somethings
Old Folks

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB, 2006 4Runner V8
In late December we were traveling through downtown Portland with my sister in the backseat after dinner out, when while stopped at a red light a middle-aged babe in a Lexus Sedan lifted her foot off the brake and hit the back of our LB.
I immediately got out and couldn't see any damage, but got her ID and Insurance info written down.

The next day I checked my rear bumper and saw a couple of stress marks on either side of the license plate - nothing enough to make an issue of.
Attached Images

Old 01-20-2007, 11:10 PM   #12
Yaris TTE JWRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60 Somethings View Post
In late December we were traveling through downtown Portland with my sister in the backseat after dinner out, when while stopped at a red light a middle-aged babe in a Lexus Sedan lifted her foot off the brake and hit the back of our LB.
I immediately got out and couldn't see any damage, but got her ID and Insurance info written down.

The next day I checked my rear bumper and saw a couple of stress marks on either side of the license plate - nothing enough to make an issue of.
Damn that sucked, but a good call, i guess you couldnt see it because it was dark, it happend to me 2 in the afternoon, so i could see every thing good, i just hate when people hit my car.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:51 AM   #13
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
Should have gotten a plate # and called 911.
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 01:41 PM   #14
Go4th

Drives: Yaris S Sedan color Flint Mica
I would have kept that old fart there.

I woulda been a d!ck and sat right there and kept him there untill the police came and made a report and wasted his whole day for being a moron that cant drive and pay attention! I woulda got out of my car went straight over and wrote down his tag number and made sure he saw me doing that and then tell him I called the police for the rearending and I would pray that he would leave the scene before the cops came so I could nail him for hit and run! Thats serious stuff in GA no matter how minor it is!
Go4th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:10 PM   #15
Katana

Drives: Yaris LB 1.3lt 06
Send a message via MSN to Katana Send a message via Yahoo to Katana
It has happened to me too.A silly blonde woman hit me from behind because she was painting her nails! lol
Katana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:21 PM   #16
Blenjar

Drives: Black Yaris 07 HB
Send a message via AIM to Blenjar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiksman View Post
It comes down to how little respect we get on the road in our liftbacks. Jackasses riding our ass and even when we are at 80 plus they still think they have to pass the little car.
hahah thats so true...

-- Blen
Blenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:22 AM   #17
dvlnblkdrs
Shush!

Drives: 2007 toyota yaris
Send a message via AIM to dvlnblkdrs Send a message via Yahoo to dvlnblkdrs
damn cali drivers cant drive worth a spit! specially here in the oc.. they either too slow and take forever, or they r so impatient when they stuck in traffic(and its like dude, u should so know better than to take the freeway if u dont have that far to go during rush hrs) for an irvine to hb run.. just stick to the sts... better luck im sure...lol
dvlnblkdrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:30 AM   #18
Yaris TTE JWRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvlnblkdrs View Post
damn cali drivers cant drive worth a spit! specially here in the oc.. they either too slow and take forever, or they r so impatient when they stuck in traffic(and its like dude, u should so know better than to take the freeway if u dont have that far to go during rush hrs) for an irvine to hb run.. just stick to the sts... better luck im sure...lol
what's up HB homeboy??