Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-03-2017, 11:21 AM   #1
evan.h2018
I've made a post!

Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatchback
Add remote start to previously installed aftermarket alarm

Hello all. I'm new to this forum. My girlfriend recently bought a 2008 Yaris hatch (3 door). The previous owner had an aftermarket alarm installed at some point. The installed alarm is an Avital 5303 from Directed. Everything is hooked up, but the remote start feature is not.

Does anyone know if I will need a PKALL module or any other bypass? How do I tell if this car came with an OEM alarm? Her key I believe is NOT the transponder type with the immobilizer (I'm 99% sure). I've read a lot on this forum about the different remote starter installation types, and some websites say that certain cars need a bypass module? Not sure if theyre referring to the ones with the immobilizer or not. The previous owner had a bunch of aftermarket things installed, one of which was this alarm. Whenever I try to activate the remote start, nothing happens, so I believe it is not hooked up.

Monday I'll be getting back under the dash to see if they left the remote start relay harness, etc. Other than that, what all will I need to make this work? Or is it as simple as wiring into the ignition? Hopefully they left the relay harness and all other wiring if they didn't wire in the remote starter.

Thanks! :)

P.S. I'm in the Cincinnati, Ohio area. Is there anyone in the area that maybe has a Bitwriter?
evan.h2018 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alarm, avital, install, remote, starter