Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-05-2007, 11:28 AM   #19
WRBlue

Drives: Yaris 3 Door, 04 WRX, 69 Lotus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderkitten View Post
In Berkeley, they tried to sell me on the Xa... in Walnut Creek they said: "We can find whatever you want." ADVICE: Try a different dealer. CALL ALL OVER THE PLACE
In Roseville, CA, they had one automatic hatch, and about 5 sedans.
In Auburn, 10 miles up the mountain, they had about 10 manual hatches, 5 autos, and about 3 sedans when we bought. We didn't want to wait, so no power package on the colour we wanted, and really I don't remember if they even had the power package on a manual.

Roseville sells about 5x the number of cars that Auburn does. Usually a smaller dealership will work with you more ;)
WRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:00 AM   #20
sandiegan

Drives: 07 Yaris Hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampi View Post
Why not cut out all the garbage and tell them to order it from the factory just the way you want it. Then if they tell you you can't order it the way you want it, you can tell them they're full of crap and take your business to another dealership that actually wants it.
Car on the lot = you can haggle. Ordering from the factory = you pay more.
sandiegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:47 AM   #21
cm07yaris

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Blazing Blue
Send a message via AIM to cm07yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
Hey gaffo....when you do get ahold of a Yaris LB manual w/ Power Package....when your mailed the survey by Toyota......make the survey ratings really bad on it w/ smal complaint note. Not that it will make a whole lotta difference but something to consider I guess.

Texas and all those other states are weird....on my first question to the dealer to where they have the Yaris in the lot...I found her. BayouBlue Yaris LB Manual w/ power package~
That is the dumbest thing ive heard, and what are they going to do about it? Honestly they do whatever they can to please their customers. I say chill out and wait like most of us here had to do!
cm07yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:19 AM   #22
static808
Engineer/Artist/House-Dad

Drives: 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiegan View Post
somewhat true. but you dont have to pay sticker. we paid 500 over invoice, not the greatest i know, but no other LB in SoCal has the color and options package that have. cant put a price tag on getting exactly what you want and avoiding buyer's remorse. buying a yaris without the PP, regretting it, and then trying to add the PP via aftermarket will just end up costing you more in the long run. wishing good luck to the OP...

--B
Old 07-10-2007, 07:47 AM   #23
grampi

Drives: Corolla
That's why I'm going to order mine from the factory the way I want it. Hopefully the '08 LB's will have a tach and cruise available.
grampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 12:31 AM   #24
PMC

Drives: 07 polar liftback, 96 M3
I had the same problem. I even waiterd for 3 months. This being my work car i decided just to get cruise control and that was it.

Its not so wide that i cant roll the windows down. Plus its only about $300 to add electric locks with alarm and keyless entry from local aftermarket auto shops.

I got a manual LB with cruise and payed $100 under invoice.

I love the car.

We should start an OK owners club
PMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 04:13 PM   #25
thatboyjer

Drives: 5spd 2007 Yaris LB
i'm from texas and i couldn't get my Yaris manual with PP unless i waited along ass time or ordered from the factory. But using that as some leverage we bargained the price extremely low and got a fresh coat of paint, tint, and convieniece package before we got the car.

sa'll good.
thatboyjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 06:33 PM   #26
JosephDoc

Drives: 07 Yaris 3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaffo View Post

salesman:"we can preference but not order direct - oh ya BTW the manual with power package don't exist"

power package!! They do exist"

salesman: "well, I've never seen one - they don't exist in this region of the country.

salesman: "well the Yaris is ment to me a bare bone commuter car only"

salesman: "Americans don't drive standards - only 1-percent do, the rest of us rive automatics and veiw automatics as an upgrade - so that is why we offer the powerpackage only on automatics. It would not make sense to offer the power package (an upgrade) on an manual if you have not upgrade the transmision to a automatic".

salesman: "well I've got a million nice Scion XA manuals with power package".

salesman: "well good luck in finding waht you want".

I had almost identical reply as the list above (cut out from your post) at Fremont Toyota in California (NorCal). I was first ghosting in the dealer for good 1 hour and no sales came approaching me (cheap+chubby look maybe). The place was like a downtown swap-meet and I actually help myself to butt in a few cars including the FJs. Then it was getting near closing hour and finally a combo of one guy and one woman come to me and did the conversation.

Sigh.. dealers are just dealers; Toyota dealers in US does not own by Toyota; the car is good but oftently wrapping with tons of saleman's B/S.

I accidently found mine with MT & PwrPak in another dealer another day, while they were unloading the gem from the truck. It had 2.7 miles and was under the plastic wrap and no bumper holes yet. One lucky day in my life.

JosephDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:14 AM   #27
grampi

Drives: Corolla
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiegan View Post
Maybe, but will the little savings you might get be worth all the grief? I'd rather pay a couple hundred bucks more and know I'm going to get the EXACT car I want.
grampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:53 AM   #28
gaffo

Drives: integra
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampi View Post
Why not cut out all the garbage and tell them to order it from the factory just the way you want it. Then if they tell you you can't order it the way you want it, you can tell them they're full of crap and take your business to another dealership that actually wants it.
thats what I did in MARCH! - I've called in april and may asking for a progress report - salesman was always "out" - left messages and number NEVER got any call backs.

In May I DROVE UP there (30 miles away) - they blew me off - just said "we ordered it and have no progress to report"

Returned in late June to get my money (500 check down) back after NO SERVICE and NO RETURNING MY CALLS..................they said that the car is now "being built" at the factory in Japan and to wait maybe up to another 3- months.

the worst fucking service I've even delt with - I saved up the god-damned CASH for 18 months and can buy the thing in total up to 17k, and these jokers don;t even retrun my fucking phonecalls!

Toyota GET YOUR HOUSE IN ORDER!
gaffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 07:55 PM   #29
drifto

Drives: 07 5spd Yaris LB
Send a message via MSN to drifto
thats f'd up dude, if a salesman dared to question me about being an american b/c i wanted to drive standard id tell him to go suck a fat dick. seriously where do these salespeople get trained? luckily i got referred to my salesman from a coworker, he hooked me up. you can get the package, but certain regions get more than others and it has to be ordered from the factory. so you have to wait a while for it. most of these asshat salespeople want the sale done asap to meet their commision quotas so they push for you to take a scion, or tell you it doesnt exist. i hope you find what your looking for though. i have a 5sp hatch. didnt want the power package so it didnt matter to me.

07 Yaris LB 5spd
AE86 Corolla GTS 5spd
http://microimage.ning.com/
http://www.microimageonline.com/store.html
drifto is offline   Reply With Quote