Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-18-2018, 05:04 AM   #19
BennyLava

Drives: 1987 Silverado
Well to clarify, I was referring mainly to stuff that wouldn't leak and were somewhat durable when it comes to hazing over after a year or two. Although I think I've found a way to permanently defeat the hazy headlights. Applying this sealer once per year:

https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G178.../dp/B01M4RVVX6
BennyLava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 07:19 PM   #20
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyLava View Post
Well to clarify, I was referring mainly to stuff that wouldn't leak and were somewhat durable when it comes to hazing over after a year or two. Although I think I've found a way to permanently defeat the hazy headlights. Applying this sealer once per year:

https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G178.../dp/B01M4RVVX6

Def stay away from aftermarket headlights then. Those tend to have over much quicker.

I just wax my headlights every so often to help prevent them from hazing.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 03:25 AM   #21
BennyLava

Drives: 1987 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
Also, any lowering springs will reduce the lifespan of the dampers (shocks). So if your car already has some higher mileage to them, you'll have to pull out the suspension twice (once for installing the springs, and another to replace the dampers when they blow).
Would you say that the Tein Basis Z kit, offers a ride quality similar to stock? This is possible because I was able to get a stock-ish ride quality when I lowered my mustang. Its only slightly stiffer if at all. Sometimes it feels like it is, other times it feels like its the same as it was when it was stock. Hard to tell. That's what I'd like for the Yaris if I can get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post

I just wax my headlights every so often to help prevent them from hazing.
I don't know if you have run into this before, but it looks like you can only wax so many times before they crack. If you're referring to the abrasive type where you skim off a top layer of plastic to reveal the clear stuff underneath. I have done this before on my yaris, and ended up finally just getting a new headlight. But this was years ago. The same thing happened on my friend's F150. They'd haze over, and we'd buff them out. Did this about 3 times over a 5 year period, and one of them finally cracked. We weren't putting insane pressure on them or anything. I think we just finally thinned them out more than the plastic could take.

I highly recommend that Megiuars headlight sealer. I buffed the Yaris's headlights clear, then applied it. Made them look new after I put it on. You're supposed to apply it once a year to keep them from hazing.
BennyLava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 01:01 AM   #22
aldorei
step by step, toungue out

Drives: 1NZ-FE MarkI Xp10 Yaris coupe
Thumbs up

Hey buddies, i just register my self to yarisworld, i've searching info, but there's any clue on web about springs swap, you see, i just bought this 2002 Yaris XP10, recently adding some muscle on it, it came with 2ZN but i just swapped for a 1ZN-FE, no boost, nos charge, just another engine.

After 3 weeks of walkaround, its claiming for a suspension upgrade, i was looking for an set of aftermarket coil springs, but i just cannot find any, so, today i found this guy who is selling me a set of TRD springs, the doubt appears comparing to my set of oem springs, cuz, those TRD says that it's for XP90/XP130, please, let me know if these TRD fit on my XP10, it seems great, i think that it fit. Can i use XP90 TRD Springs on my XP10? i really apreciate your comments.
aldorei is offline   Reply With Quote