Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-27-2018, 06:56 PM   #37
vivalaflam
Enthusiast

Drives: 07 Yaris HB 1.3 (EU)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06YarisRS View Post
Looks like a very nice head unit. I'd like to see a link to it.

EDIT: Is this the unit?

https://www.gearbest.com/car-dvd-pla...ml?wid=1433363
Sorry, can't open the link, here it is from my order history: DW7012 Toyota Android

Grand total for me (with coupons and points): 125€ (original price 185,90€)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
I'm talking about actually dealing with GearBest, not experiences with Android units.

Sent from my Elite_5_5_Octa using Tapatalk
I only bought from ebay... Rarely amazon, but when GearBest opened... If I see something on ebay I like, I always try to get it from GearBest. Even if it's a bit more expensive, I feel really assured when buying from them and I expect the items in 2 weeks time with free shipping from China! Not even their EU warehouses! Basically if I wanna buy from China they're my only choice. You don't have to deal with scammy sellers anymore and you always know you'll get your item. I've also bought my past 2 phones from gearbest. Not a single problem. What I like best though is to throw my money away buying little weird and useless gadgets :p that's my hobby hahah
Old 04-27-2018, 07:01 PM   #38
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
I'm talking about actually dealing with GearBest, not experiences with Android units.

Sent from my Elite_5_5_Octa using Tapatalk
Of course. Just elaborating on my experiences with the units themselves.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 07:05 PM   #39
vivalaflam
Enthusiast

Have you seen what the Chinese are offering for the camry? A vertical 12 inch tesla like touchscreen, even replacing the AC controls! Sick! I wish they had them for other models as well, would have bought it instantly!
Old 04-28-2018, 06:58 AM   #40
06YarisRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalaflam View Post
Have you seen what the Chinese are offering for the camry? A vertical 12 inch tesla like touchscreen, even replacing the AC controls! Sick! I wish they had them for other models as well, would have bought it instantly!
No, I haven't but will take a look.

I couldn't open your link but the model number is the same in the link I posted. It's a nice radio for sure. One question: does it have RGB adjustable color button lights. I like to match the dash lighting color to make it look more factory. It seems this feature is getting harder to come by. At least the cheaper units don't have it.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
Old 04-28-2018, 08:21 AM   #41
vivalaflam
Enthusiast

Yes it does! Although I didn't like the white, doesnt look white, a bit more greenish/blue
That's because of the rgb leds, they don't have 3 individual smds, but rather one RGB chip.
Old 04-28-2018, 08:33 AM   #42
06YarisRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalaflam View Post
Yes it does! Although I didn't like the white, doesnt look white, a bit more greenish/blue
That's because of the rgb leds, they don't have 3 individual smds, but rather one RGB chip.
Neat. One of my older units had lighting presets, but you could use the color pallet adjustment. My kia had an orangy colored lighting which I managed to match perfectly.

Old 07-03-2018, 03:02 AM   #43
vivalaflam
Enthusiast

Oh boy, I wish they had this for the yaris....

Tesla Style Screen for Toyota Camry
Old 07-31-2018, 07:23 PM   #44
06YarisRS

Stereo finally installed...

I decided to support local business and farmed this one out. There was a lot to install: head unit, 4 door speakers, tweeters on the a-pillars, 4 channel amp and underseat subwoofer. I simply didn't feel like doing another install at this time. Shane, the proprietor, did an fantastic job. Pro Audio and Installation - Quispamsis, NB. System sounds AWESOME!

https://www.facebook.com/pg/proaudio...llation/about/

Tweets on the A-pillars bring the sound stage up and add great clarity.

Torque Pro. Unfortunately Toyota doesn't appear to make a lot available for monitoring with Torque, unlike my Kia for which I can get endless data like trans temp, oil temp, etc). I

PowerAmp Digital Sound Processor App

Chrome

Google Maps. The head unit has iG08 Nav built in, but I much prefer Google Maps. I may download Waze.

Last edited by 06YarisRS; 08-12-2018 at 06:06 PM.
Old 08-12-2018, 06:04 PM   #45
06YarisRS

New pics added above

Old 08-13-2018, 10:11 AM   #46
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
On-screen nav and the other apps is super cool. I wouldn't mind having an Android Auto unit.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 08:46 PM   #47
06YarisRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
On-screen nav and the other apps is super cool. I wouldn't mind having an Android Auto unit.
I really do like these factory fit android radios. Not sure how the os in these differ from Android Auto, or if they're very similar.

Old 08-14-2018, 01:59 PM   #48
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Drives: 2015 Yaris LE 3door 1F7
Quote:
I really do like these factory fit android radios. Not sure how the os in these differ from Android Auto, or if they're very similar.
Android auto is just a phone mirroring service. Android headunits are a full mobile OS within a headunit. basically a mini android PC for your car. much more flexiable, much less expensive and can even get tv.
DarkShadowFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 02:13 PM   #49
ern-diz

Despite the nomenclature, my intention was to say, it's awesome to have Android on your head unit.

On Wheelwell
Old 08-14-2018, 05:40 PM   #50
06YarisRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadowFox View Post
Android auto is just a phone mirroring service. Android headunits are a full mobile OS within a headunit. basically a mini android PC for your car. much more flexiable, much less expensive and can even get tv.
OK, now I understand. I really had very litte idea what Android Auto is. Thanks!

Old 08-14-2018, 05:41 PM   #51
06YarisRS

Quote:
Despite the nomenclature, my intention was to say, it's awesome to have Android on your head unit.
It is awesome indeed! One thing I think I am not going to like about my head unit is the volume control. It's right in the touch screen. I think I'd prefer a knob for volume control.

Old 08-15-2018, 11:36 AM   #52
ern-diz

Quote:
It is awesome indeed! One thing I think I am not going to like about my head unit is the volume control. It's right in the touch screen. I think I'd prefer a knob for volume control.
That's interesting. My touchscreen has a manual volume button, mute button and one or two other hard buttons along the left side. Like you, I like them.

On Wheelwell
Old 08-15-2018, 12:33 PM   #53
06YarisRS

Quote:
That's interesting. My touchscreen has a manual volume button, mute button and one or two other hard buttons along the left side. Like you, I like them.
Yeah, all of my other Android head units have buttons. I guess this was an attempt to maximize screen size. My other units are 6.2", whereas this is 7". That said, I don't know of the actual viewing area is really any larger.

Old 09-23-2018, 12:17 AM   #54
rcvmini

Drives: 2009 Yaris HB
I just installed the ATOTO A6 and it is by far the best budget android head unit I've worked with. Price is VERY reasonable and the accessories are good like the dash cam. Just a usb plug and play and is run by a nice app on the console.

Best thing about the ATOTO was that it has a "2 second" on
rcvmini is offline   Reply With Quote