Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-07-2006, 12:49 PM   #1
田中秀樹

Drives: SW20
bored.

i posted this on other bbs because i was bored. i post here just for fun.

when i was bored, i installed MS-DOS 6.22 and Windows 3.11 on my mac.

田中秀樹 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:19 PM   #2
Ran Kizama
That Anime Guy

Drives: 5-Speed Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Ran Kizama Send a message via MSN to Ran Kizama
Glad to see I'm not the only productive person around.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:04 PM   #3
Dylanby

Drives: RS 5-DR
Never tried MacOS X. Might buy a laptop in the fall so the new MacBooks are in the running. I hear both good & bad things about it (the OS).
Dylanby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 03:50 AM   #4
田中秀樹

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylanby
Never tried MacOS X. Might buy a laptop in the fall so the new MacBooks are in the running. I hear both good & bad things about it (the OS).
macbook are nice. my friend bought one. a white 2.0gHz one. black one have sucker tax just because it is black case. there is no catch-all OS out there. i do photography, video editing, and graphic design so i go mac. all can be done on PC as well, but i like Final Cut Pro over Adobe Premiere. it just nicer to me.

i not type of person that shove OS down people throat. if you like MS Windows, that is nice. if like Linux, me too. ^__^;; my friend even have Sun Solaris running, that a nice OS too. i run all because some things only work on Windows. so i use it if i have to. i do not think one is better than other, it just different for each user.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:12 PM   #5
Dylanby

Quote:
i not type of person that shove OS down people throat.
I'm the same. Linux has been my main desktop for almost two years now. I boot into XP once in a while to run a specialized app or play a game (although I prefer handheld gaming).

Vista looks to be an improvement over XP, but it may take a SP to polish it off. But ultimately it's still Windows. And I'd like to try something new. It's not like you can't run XP/Linux/BSD on a MacBook.

Quote:
black one have sucker tax just because it is black case.
I noticed that too. I'm looking at the pro model too, but haven't decided if it's worth the upgrade price. In any case the decision's a few months away.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:06 PM   #6
田中秀樹

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylanby
I'm the same. Linux has been my main desktop for almost two years now. I boot into XP once in a while to run a specialized app or play a game (although I prefer handheld gaming).

Vista looks to be an improvement over XP, but it may take a SP to polish it off. But ultimately it's still Windows. And I'd like to try something new. It's not like you can't run XP/Linux/BSD on a MacBook.

I noticed that too. I'm looking at the pro model too, but haven't decided if it's worth the upgrade price. In any case the decision's a few months away.
what distribution of linux you use? i have tried SuSe and Mandrake. Mandrake is nice. Red Hat over-rated to me. my friend use that 'parallels' program to get windows on his macbook. i have powerbook g4 so i still use VPC to get it on my.

the pro-model nice, but it not much real gain other than large screen compared to macbook. it all depend on what you need. for example, i could have gotten the 15" or 17" powerbook. but the 12" fit in my camera bag very nicely, so i went with that one. it not my main system so it does not really matter. it just for when i do photoshoots and have to go on location and thing like that.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:02 PM   #7
Dylanby

Right now I'm using Ubuntu (Breezy release). I also have partitions with Debian & SUSE that I play around with. As you said there's no catch-all OS (or distro). There are things I like & dislike about all three.

Quote:
the pro-model nice, but it not much real gain other than large screen compared to macbook. it all depend on what you need. for example, i could have gotten the 15" or 17" powerbook. but the 12" fit in my camera bag very nicely, so i went with that one. it not my main system so it does not really matter. it just for when i do photoshoots and have to go on location and thing like that.
I share your preference for a smaller, more portable laptop. And of course cheaper is always better ;)
Old 07-11-2006, 08:07 PM   #8
stuffy

Drives: 06 yaris 5-dr le man
i heard that the new macs with intel chips have trouble running mac versions of adobe products, is this true?
stuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:26 PM   #9
田中秀樹

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffy
i heard that the new macs with intel chips have trouble running mac versions of adobe products, is this true?
only because software written for G4. 'rosetta' made to take care of that but take performance hit. adobe not going to make intel version for mac till next version.