Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-14-2011, 11:01 AM   #19
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
They forgot to mention 20"+ rims with 1" high tires on sedans....
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:23 PM   #20
nemelek
DWEED

Drives: 3DR 2008 Metorite Metalic
Baby on board suction cup sticker.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:34 PM   #21
Z00KA

Drives: 2007 Manual Bayou Blue LB
How about the "guys" running around with a huge "sack of nuts" up under the back of their pickups....seriously?
Z00KA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:18 PM   #22
TLyttle

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan
Anyone remember lowering blocks? Then you're old like me...
TLyttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:36 AM   #23
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
Actually, the automatic seat belts were not a fad.
The US law back then stipulated that a car either had to have airbags or, automatic chest belts.
Those munufactures who chose not to have airbags for whatever reason (they were new technology then) were mandated by law to have the automatic belts.

Digital gauges were absolutly anoying as hell.
I drove a car once with a digital speedo gague and it drove me nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich k View Post
what about this horrible automotive fad: adding copious amounts of faux chrome, naugahyde, and useless options to and then rebadging an econobox to sell for twice the price. Can you say Cadilac Catera (caugh, cavilier, caugh)
Thats not a fad. It's just old marketing and the practice still continues.
Ford once admitted that it only cost them about $500 more to build ther high end, full size "Galaxy 500" over their Pinto. However the G500 sold for thousands more. A little "bling" here and there brings big bucks at the showroom.

Last edited by RedRide; 07-18-2011 at 12:53 AM.
RedRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:27 AM   #24
MickZEL

Drives: Yaris sedan
http://www.4x4video.ru/index.php?act...d=1249#coments
VIDEO
MickZEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:00 PM   #25
JBougie
Banned

Drives: 2010 Yaris LB (Prev: 07 Sedan)
I am proud to say that I have never fallen in to any of those fades. Clean and minimal "things" have always been my style. Lots of lights, chrome, fuzzy sh*t, spinning wheels, anything that plugs in to the lighter (outside of my radar detector), too much Hello Kitty (girls are absolutely notorious for that....makes me want to puke), no NOS stickers all over the place, no under-carriage lights, wheels that are too big for the car, no big wings, no pissed-off bubble bee exhaust systems ..... subtle and clean has always been my style, I try to as far from ricey as possible. If I ever go ricey, I want someone to 1. tell me 2. slap the hell out of me
JBougie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:33 PM   #26
TLyttle

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan
I could never afford performance goodies, so I went for the alternative performance cure, less weight. Most radical was an old Morris 1100, big brother to the original Mini. Out with the air chisel, out came anything that the thing didn't need: rear door and trunk latches and hinges, seats, interior liners & braces, rear door windows, mats, passenger seat, etc, out. Total weight loss, ~30%. A platform where the rear seats were, an office chair for the passenger, light ply for door panels, less than 40lbs back in. My oh my, did that thing ever go well with it's standard power plant! Totally stock from the outside except for the screws holding the rear doors and trunk lid on... Wheeeee!
TLyttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:51 AM   #27
carnageehw

Drives: 2010 Fusion Hybrid
My dad had SUBARU plastered on the front window of your 90's Legacy.

Wood paneling is pretty terrible, but I agree with ZOOKA, pickup truck balls are the worst. By far.
carnageehw is offline   Reply With Quote