Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

View Poll Results: Did the price of Oil have an effect on your decision to buy a Yaris?
Yup,.. 37 71.15%
Nope,.. I'm secretly saving for a Full-Size SUV 3 5.77%
Don't care 12 23.08%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2006, 01:42 PM   #19
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
That is the point.

People that commute should really carpool.

Of course if they all drove shorter cars that would help as well.

There are many people who live near me who commute to Boston, which is at least 2 hours each day during rush hour. I think they are nuts.

It would be nice to have a good high speed mass transit system that connected the entire east coast of the USA.
Old 04-23-2006, 05:02 PM   #20
plushDJ

Drives: 2007 3 dr manual
Whoops, gas went up, I know guys that pay over 100 bucks now to fill every week
plushDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 10:36 PM   #21
riceboy

Drives: icebox
Damn,.. 100 bucks... at 400 bucks a month, you might as well get together with a couple of colleagues and rent a place walking distance from work....
riceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 10:39 AM   #22
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

It is getting rediculous. I payed $3.19 US to fill up my Saab.

Can't wait to get my Yaris, cheaper gas and less of it.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:48 AM   #23
Idjiit
5 Stars, Bitches

Drives: Prius, Silver Yaris Liftback
We knew buying the Prius a year and a half ago would be a good move, but damn. We'll most likely be moving closer to my wife's place of work in the fall. She's got a 60 mile commute, so even with the Prius that's about 3 dollars a day.
Idjiit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 02:02 PM   #24
Yaris Revenge
GIGA...DRILL...BREAKER!!!

Drives: Lagann. ;P
Yeah, living in the "South", as I do, 80% of the vehicles on the road are trucks or SUVs. Don't get me wrong, they have their place, but when businessmen are purchasing SUVs made by Cadillac (WTF?) and stay-at-home moms think they need a Navigator instead of a minivan to haul the kids, something has gone very wrong in the world. I'm secretly enjoying all the little bitch-n-moan sessions 'round here lately.

BTW, how's $3.01 for Regular sound? Rome's more expensive than Atlanta right now! I bet we top $4.00 before the summer is over.....

~YR

EDIT: Hey Why?, was that price for Regular, or are you goin' Premium on us???

Last edited by Yaris Revenge; 04-26-2006 at 03:19 PM.
Yaris Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:05 AM   #25
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

I drive a turbo Saab, so I have to use premium. The regular was 2.97.

7-10 days for my Yaris to come.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:52 AM   #26
TRD_Yaris
Yarii Hunter

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback and S13's
Here IN Austin, A LOT OF THE Toyta/Honda dealership's used car lots ARE FILLED with Tahoes / Dodge Rams / Expeditions...the sad thing is most of these people are LOSING SO MUCH in TRADE IN and getting screwed on MSRP+ cost of the new car that they would be better off just sucking it up and living with their gas guzzlers
I didn't sell my Lexus for gas mileage, I just got sick of keeping it garaged and free of door dings / key scratches .. But, now that Premium is $3.00 /gallon I'm loving it

it's about time we took our gas consumption more seriously here in america...it sucks that it has to be forced on us..but that is our own doing. If we had reduced our fuel consumption by 3%, we would reduce the STRAIN on our limited supply and prices would settle. OR, if the government stepped up and MADE SOME DAMN REFINERIES or REDUCED OIL/Coal consumption by instituting a RENEWABLE PORTFOLIO SYSTEM which would also DECENTRALIZE our energy supply we would be JUST DANDY!!...but it won't happen so suck it up and reduce your personal fuel consumption.
America is so wasteful, extravagant, and decadent it's pathetic!!!! Time to pay in pounds of flesh, right Mr. Bush?
Old 07-05-2006, 08:20 AM   #27
boxerboy

Drives: WRX ,Tacoma and Yaris
Drive what you want. I do not worry to much about gas prices. I am concerned with how much I have to pay per month. Thats the main reason I bought my Yaris. How much do I need to pay to get my dumb ass from point A to point B? You will need to decide what you want to pay. I will spend that money I save. (I get to eat more sushi and drink more sake) I do like to see those people driving those SUV I kind of think its funny with just the driver. My wifes and sons income comes from oil and gas. Just what do you want to spend your money on?
boxerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:26 AM   #28
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Bought mine to commute, thats about it.

My Armada and Harley truck get around 13mpg, but it still doesnt stop me from driving them as much as I can.... and btw, I work for BIG OIL.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:40 AM   #29
sroberts

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
LOL, you guys are light weights. It costs me $130 to fill up my suburban. It has a 44gal gas tank but I can afford it. I use it to tow my Jeeps to the trails and back. I also have motorhome that gets even worse mileage. Gas isn't too big of a concern for me. Like most, it was the only new car that I could afford for getting to work and back reliably. And, I am hoping it will last a few years so it can be my sons first car.

My Yaris is supposed to be at the dealer this week!! Yay!! I just hope they didn't sell it out from under me, like most of the horror stories I have heard on this board.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:49 PM   #30
Master2192

Drives: 98 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
I spend about $90 a month on fuel per month driving my Impreza RS. Fuel costs aren't a huge concern to me, but it is a consideration when picking a Commuter car.

The big thing is I usually do one big road trip per year, last time I had my cavalier which got 32-33 on the highway and could go 440 miles per tank. My Impreza or the WRX don't get nearly that which greatly increases the costs of my vacation.
Master2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:09 PM   #31
HanSel

Drives: tentative yaris owner..
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdy
it is 40 bucks to fill my car up and it lasts about 250 miles

so hell yes it had everything to do with me buying a yaris, that and its a badass little car.
I get even less than that with my STi..prolly around 220.. and thats being optomistic..

PLUS i drive back and forth from the OC to my parents house every few days and drive everywhere in between.. its safe to say i fill up every 2 or 3 days..
im looking for a good ecomony car..like the fit or the yaris.
HanSel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 11:59 PM   #32
cadence220

Drives: Toyota 4Runner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idjiit
Well, my decision isn't based solely on the economics of the situation but the fact that you're talking about wasting a limited resource, and I hate waste. Our Prius is kind of the ultimate in terms of saving gas, but the Yaris isn't too far behind. I'd love to have a second Prius, but it's a bit ridiculous having two $25K cars in the family since I work at home and don't drive on a daily basis.
I agree with the limited resources thing. I have been getting into this site: http://www.fueleconomy.gov/ It's crazy how many tons of emissions each car produces .
cadence220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 01:01 AM   #33
bulldogs2k

Drives: '00 s2000, 2007 yaris hatch
I hated paying premium gas for my s2000, although, it had a small tank that would usually cost me 35 dollars. The problem was it only got 230 to the fill up, which had me visiting the pumps every 4 days. Now we fill up our yaris every two weeks or so. Loving it! I have been biking to school/gym/work, which is great! Been loosing tons of weight and I am doing my part on conserving energy. I realized that we may enjoy having big cars, or splurg on our natural resources, but in the end, our kids will have to deal with our choices. With that being said, i think i will be getting a sail boat instead of a motor boat. :)
bulldogs2k is offline   Reply With Quote