Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-13-2007, 01:48 AM   #1
graywolf_14

Drives: um not a yaris but hopefully
trd body kits?

Ok I know that when toyota made a cavalier they had a body kit. Which I am planning on getting on my chevy cav here in the states. Anyways has trd offered a body kit for any other toyota car? Ive seen a couple celica gt's that have had the same body kit and wing so I was thinking that it was factory. Plus one of them had a trd front tag so just put 2 and 2 together.
graywolf_14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:11 AM   #2
Yaris Revenge
GIGA...DRILL...BREAKER!!!

Drives: Lagann. ;P
Huh? Toyota made a Chevy Cavalier with a body kit? What are you talking about???

~YR
Old 07-13-2007, 09:26 AM   #3
stuffy

Drives: 06 yaris 5-dr le man
i think the toyota cavalier was a japan only vehicle, made by gm, sold by toyota as part of their deal that includes the shared plant in california and collaboration on the vibe/matrix.
stuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:06 PM   #4
Ric n Sov's Vitz RS
Waiting to be SC'ed

Drives: 07 RS LB mt 5 door polar white
Send a message via MSN to Ric n Sov's Vitz RS
Well actually the TRD Body kits or skirt packages on Toyotas was made by another company called MOLLY DESIGNS located in Southern Cali ... Here is some more history...

Toyota used Molly's talents originally to help create awareness for their mini trucks with the custom "Yamahauler", which won trophies in almost every show it was entered in. Molly created the yellow, orange, and red color scheme that was used by Toyota for over twenty years. During this period Molly worked with Toyota in many creative areas, designing everything from logos to clothing lines, and racecar graphics to show cars, with many of his ideas finding their way into production. Currently Molly continues to work with many departments within Toyota in a much broader capacity, with one of the more visible current projects being to develop a graphic system for the race trucks, drivers' and crew uniforms and transporters for Toyota's entry into NASCAR truck racing.

Molly's relationship with Toyota has grown stronger with the years, and in 1987 he was asked to design a logo and signage for a new Toyota division . . . Lexus. His logo creation can be seen on Lexus vehicles and dealerships worldwide.

The red-black-and-gray-on-white color scheme, currently being used by Toyota, created a great opportunity for Molly to work his magic on transporters, clothing, racecars, brochures, and logos, expanding consumer awareness for Toyota's motorsports involvement in many racing venues. Toyota Racing Development has also benefited from Molly's artistic abilities, using his talents in logo, clothing, racecar, ground effects packages, and transporter designs.

Molly Designs created the M-Type ground effects packages for Toyota and some Kia vehicles. These helped create specialty vehicles targeted at a demographic that wanted their vehicles a little sportier than the average offering. While no longer producing our own ground effects our tradition of quality design lives on. Molly Designs has designed ground effects that can be found on the Toyota Camry and Corolla and are distributed soley through Toyota Dealers in markets across the country.

Today Molly is focusing his attention on graphic design and vinyl graphics.

So to find a kit now a days is rare they are usually fake replicas or knock offs.

I'm not sure which company does the skirt packages and such for Toyota now though...

-Rick
Ric n Sov's Vitz RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:33 AM   #5
2010.YARIS.SEDAN

Drives: YARIS SEDAN
Angry

I have found TOYOTA YARIS SEDAN BODY KIT TRD FROM TOYOTA
its called an AERO SKIRTS. The problem is it is for New Zeland only
and not for the USA it seems Toyota does not sell the AERO SKIRT KIT
for the USA, its only for overseas.
2010.YARIS.SEDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:42 AM   #6
2010.YARIS.SEDAN

Drives: YARIS SEDAN
This is Toyota's link for TRD AERO SKIRTING KIT for YARIS SEDAN
http://content.toyota.co.nz/toyota/n...sedan_acce.pdf
2010.YARIS.SEDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:13 AM   #7
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Holy brought back from the dead batman!
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:20 AM   #8
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
I think I still had hair when this thread was created
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:17 PM   #9
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
lmao
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:36 PM   #10
ChitownY@Ris

Drives: '07 Yaris Sedan
Any links (or DIY to make my own) for a rear diffuser/apron so my center exit exhaust looks complete and not just chillin all by its lonesome under my bumper?
Old 06-24-2011, 07:47 PM   #11
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitownY@Ris View Post
Any links (or DIY to make my own) for a rear diffuser/apron so my center exit exhaust looks complete and not just chillin all by its lonesome under my bumper?
Get any rear lip, and cut and smooth out accordingly. Then, if you want more, you can buy those aluminum or CF exhaust cover and place around the tip.

But what ever you do, you'll have to get a front lip or else the car will look a bit odd.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:47 PM   #12
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCALB SIRAY View Post
I think I still had hair when this thread was created
Old 06-24-2011, 08:49 PM   #13
OTA'sTOY
DAT'S RIGHT I GOTz 2

Drives: '10 5dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010.YARIS.SEDAN View Post
I have found TOYOTA YARIS SEDAN BODY KIT TRD FROM TOYOTA
its called an AERO SKIRTS. The problem is it is for New Zeland only
and not for the USA it seems Toyota does not sell the AERO SKIRT KIT
for the USA, its only for overseas.

correct me if i'm wrong but i think
in the US there would be considered the "S" model frt n rear spoilers and skirts

OTA'sTOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:01 AM   #14
RHDVIPbB
Right beside you, wave

Drives: 08 PBM Yaris Sedan
I know this is an old thread but I have the TRD brochures for all the past vehicles. Kits were available for the MR2, Supra, Solara, Camry and a few others. Like it has been said, finding an authentic one is like searching for gold at the end of a rainbow

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan. Pacific Blue Mica. Custom vinyl eyebrows, color matched interior trim pieces, Vios lip spoiler, 17" Maas rims

2010 Scion xB 7.0 Release Series. 1535 of 2000. Murasaki. Stock with TRD springs.
RHDVIPbB is offline   Reply With Quote