Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-18-2006, 10:59 AM   #19
田中秀樹

Drives: SW20
^__^;; yeah to each his own. i like that, but most people i meet do not have similar thought. they make fun of other cars?
田中秀樹 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 11:01 AM   #20
JustAnotherAsian
now in HD

Drives: not yaris!
Send a message via AIM to JustAnotherAsian
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrancosRt
I just think that the Lexus has been trying to mimick the german luxury cars in the past and quite frankly, I don't like what they've been coming up with lately. If it makes you feel a little better, I think the same of most Luxury cars except Audis, BMWS, Porsches, and Italian (European <3 :P). But is just a matter of opinion... To each his own they say :D.
oh, well in that case, i guess you have good reason to hate lexus. they indeed copy... blatently at times. lol. i just happen to like the copied stuff i guess. haha.

just a toyota fanboy here.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:53 AM   #21
TRD_Yaris
Yarii Hunter

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback and S13's
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherAsian
hey hey hey... why hate the lexi?

anywaiz, there are some interior bits on the scion xA that seem to be more "upscale" compared to the vitz, but then again, the scions were meant to be loaded cars from the beginning- their image wasn't meant to be "econo-box" (though it is in essense) from scion, but identical tune-able cars that you can personalize.

the real comparison would be the jdm ist vs. vitz. i'm pretty sure the ist is a little bit more stripped than the xA, but it has way more quality jdm features, options, and accesories up the butt.
yeah, the scions WERE meant to be more upscale and the Yaris to be econo-style..but why is the xA only $1105 (12,215 vs. 13,320) difference???
it just doesn't seem to fall in line..
Old 07-19-2006, 10:35 AM   #22
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD_Yaris
but why is the xA only $1105 (12,215 vs. 13,320) difference???
it just doesn't seem to fall in line..
This could be a problem for Toyota, IMHO. It was a problem with the Echo in regards to the Corolla. You could get a Corolla for almost the same price as an Echo, so why would people buy the Echo?

A loaded Yaris costs about the same as an optioned-out xA, xB and Corolla. So why buy a Yaris? Most of us really like the Yaris' styling and overall package, but I'd bet 99% of the U.S., who isn't rabid about cars, doesn't see a good reason to buy a Yaris over a Corolla and perhaps the xA.
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 11:17 AM   #23
TrancosRt

Drives: 07 Silver HB Yaris
In spite of the price, the car has been a huge succes and Toyota doesn't have the stock! I think that says something about the Yaris styling compared to the rest. (I'll repeat myself, but I DON'T like Scions!!)
TrancosRt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 11:22 AM   #24
田中秀樹

Drives: SW20
i pretty sure that when your new xA,xB, and corolla. they will not be so closely priced. it may? i don't know. ^__^;; they just probably raise price slightly to make different price categories. of course there will be overlap, but as long as like you say not overlap a full option car with another full option car with a regularly higher price full option car.
田中秀樹 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:45 PM   #25
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 田中秀樹
of course there will be overlap, but as long as like you say not overlap a full option car with another full option car with a regularly higher price full option car.

Sounds like something George Lopez would say But you are totally right I think that regard.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 02:05 AM   #26
TRD_Yaris
Yarii Hunter

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback and S13's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty-Nine
This could be a problem for Toyota, IMHO. It was a problem with the Echo in regards to the Corolla. You could get a Corolla for almost the same price as an Echo, so why would people buy the Echo?

A loaded Yaris costs about the same as an optioned-out xA, xB and Corolla. So why buy a Yaris? Most of us really like the Yaris' styling and overall package, but I'd bet 99% of the U.S., who isn't rabid about cars, doesn't see a good reason to buy a Yaris over a Corolla and perhaps the xA.
You perfectly summed it up.

The xA comes standard with Power windows, locks, mirrors, cruise, ABS, pioneer 6 speaker system STANDARD...more than the price of the power pacakge of a Yaris ..which puts you ABOVE the price of the xA..and the xA is a 5 seat car that's supposed to appeal to the trendy (i.e. money spenders)..

though, gas mileage is a bit different, i'm guessing the xA doesn't accelerate as quickly. i'm guessing it's substantially heavier than the yaris liftback but i may just be daydreaming.

when it's all said and done, the Yaris is still not priced in the right zone for most people who will usually jump on a Corolla or Civic instead.