Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-24-2016, 01:44 AM   #1
komichal

Drives: Yaris 2007 1.3 2SZFE 64kW
Headlight tilting problem

Hi folks,
my Yaris 2007 had an accident and multiple front right parts had to be replaced... complete headlight included.
Now I have my Yaris back and after some time I have noticed that the headlight tilting (hopefully this is the right name for moving the headlight up and down with the small circular control from the cockpit to adjust the beam height) works strange.
- The RIGHT side that was destroyed and replaced works fine
- The LEFT side headlight that was safely intact is almost not moving, only in one moment the parabola moves a bit (but to the opposite direction then the RIGHT side)

What puzzles me is that the wiring for the right and left tilt motor is not matching - the colors are in a different order. Check out the picture... Obviously the RIGHT stuff was replaced completely but actually it works, it is the original LEFT stuff that seem to have problems.

When I take the LEFT tilt motor out I can see that the motor stick is smoothly going in and out so it seems that I need to change the complete headlight?

Thank you for all your comments...
komichal is offline   Reply With Quote