Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-26-2007, 12:10 PM   #487
meteoriteyaris

Drives: 2007 Meteorite metallic
If you don't have something nice to say, keep your mouth shut. This forum is for people to compliment each others Yaris, not tear it down. We don't really care what your opinion is on hubcaps. Let's try to keep this forum upbeat, like it has been. Although I did go look at your 212 posts and see you make a lot of diatribe comments, so maybe people here really don't pay any attention to you anymore.

It's scary to think that the only person around you that's below average is jdium...
Fogs, Tach, Altezza black tail lights, side graphics, tinted windows, shorty antenna, sport shifter, short-throw shifter, hood gas strut, pedal covers, woodgrained dash, outside temp gauge, cruise control, chrome spoke hubcaps, rear spoiler, clear grill bra/rockshield, mud flaps, TRD muffler, K&N and re-routed air intake, retracting windshield sunshade, sirius radio, GPS, trailer hitch, Rocky Mountain Radar detector.

Last edited by meteoriteyaris; 08-26-2007 at 12:25 PM.
meteoriteyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 04:10 PM   #488
jdium
Mr Attitude

Drives: Blazing Blue 5 Spd
jdium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 05:41 AM   #489
bigbutch

Drives: Dynamic Blue Metallic Mica YRX
finally

i finally got my mags on they are 17x7.5 limited edition
Attached Images

bigbutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 09:40 AM   #490
Thotprawsis

Drives: '07 Blazin' Blue LB
Hey bigbutch, Those are some sharp wheels. What size tire and wheel are you running?
Thotprawsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 08:39 PM   #491
matrixmanvvtl_i

Drives: 2007 toyota yaris S
im new to the site and im near the los angeles area of so cal.. we picked up a 2007 polar white yaris s... mods are planned but not for a good two months...

we already took off the hub caps... it looks way better without em... hope to meet some locals soon to get some ideas...
matrixmanvvtl_i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 08:53 PM   #492
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixmanvvtl_i View Post
im new to the site and im near the los angeles area of so cal.. we picked up a 2007 polar white yaris s... mods are planned but not for a good two months...

we already took off the hub caps... it looks way better without em... hope to meet some locals soon to get some ideas...
Welcome to Yarisworld. Very nice sedan... it looks so good in white!

I realize a lot of people on this forum also yank the hubcaps, but I just don't get it. Rather than looking like a spanking new car right off the showroom floor, it looks like you just picked up a wreck! Oh well, to each his own.

Enjoy your new car. We'll be watching for your mods...
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 09:26 PM   #493
meteoriteyaris

What age bracket are you in MatrixmanVVTL? I'm 56 and that's something we did as kids. Black wheels always looked cooler than those huge chrome hubcaps (most cars back then had full-size chrome hubcaps). Sometimes we'd put chrome trim rings and baby moons on them if we could afford it. If we couldn't, then we'd just put chrome lug nuts on them. I'm still a fan of the "spinner" chrome hub cap and that's what I put on my Yaris. That's what we called the chrome spoke hub cap back then. Now days a "spinner" means one that keeps spinning after the car stops. A few guys on here have been really voicing their opinions on black wheels and/or hubcaps of any kind, no matter how pretty they are. We have to ignore them. They don't realize that not everyone has the finances for, or possibly the love for most of the aftermarket wheels that will fit our rig. I like a lot of the aftermarket wheels, but they are always for something other than my Yaris, so I opted for the chrome spoke hubcaps and spent a ton of money on many other mods. I've seen a lot of after-market wheels on here that really look terrible, but I prefer to tell them what I LIKE about their cars, rather than what I don't like.
Fogs, Tach, Altezza black tail lights, side graphics, tinted windows, shorty antenna, sport shifter, short-throw shifter, hood gas strut, pedal covers, woodgrained dash, outside temp gauge, cruise control, chrome spoke hubcaps, rear spoiler, clear grill bra/rockshield, mud flaps, TRD muffler, K&N and re-routed air intake, retracting windshield sunshade, sirius radio, GPS, trailer hitch, Rocky Mountain Radar detector.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:07 PM   #494
StumpS

Drives: 2007 Yaris 5 DR HB

Its not the best picture but I had to borrow someone elses camera and only had a few mintues to snap a couple of shots. Tanabe DF 210 , OEM Side Skirts. LED Tail lights in the mail and 17' gloss black enkei's, front lip or bumber, rear lip or bumber and AEM Dryflow intake soon to come.
I guess I understand how some people think the no hubcap look looks a little rugged or "junkyard" as somebody called it, but I think thats kind of the whole point. It's a race inspired look and it would be pretty damn expensive if you had to throw on another alloy rim everytime you damaged it. Im not saying im a racer but in my eyes, the whole steelies (steel black wheels) or black rim look is subtle and all buisness. Plus, if you keep your car clean including your steelies, I dont see how it can look uncared for or again "junkyardish".
I like my stock steel rims so much that if it werent for the narrow width of them, I would keep eventhough i have the money for aftermarket ones. Matte black, gloss black , gunmetal, and hyperblack rims also signify the opposite of a "ricer" to me. No offence to you meteoriteyars or to any other members who put things on their car like; graphics, woodgrained dash, chrome spoke hubcaps, but it look tacky and cheap, the opposite of what dark racing rims are..
StumpS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 05:37 PM   #495
vasilakis13

Drives: TSport 2002

vasilakis13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 05:38 PM   #496
bigbutch

Drives: Dynamic Blue Metallic Mica YRX
i am running 205 45 r17 toyos

they are a little bit smaller but you dont notice
bigbutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 05:48 PM   #497
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbutch View Post
i am running 205 45 r17 toyos

they are a little bit smaller but you dont notice
Hmmm... the 205/45/17 is actually the tallest OEM Vitz/Yaris tire.

What were you running before the upgrade???
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 06:46 PM   #498
meteoriteyaris

Gee, vasilakis13, you were doing real good supporting the guys that didn't want or couldn't afford the after-market wheels and kept their black rims, but you really fell down when you described my add-ons and said that it looks tacky and cheap. Too bad you can't say something nice, but tit-for-tat.... I think your blue yaris looks like shit with those wheels that looks like you found in a rummage sale. And the whole car looks so plain and cheap on the outside, and I'm sure the inside, too. I can't hardly tell that you customized it all. Those side skirts aren't even noticable. What a waste of money! Certainly looks ANYTHING but "racey." and what's with that Wal-mart towel on the dash? That sure looks tacky and cheap! Won't you guys ever learn to say good things about someone's car, or nothing at all? It does no good to take cheap shots at things you don't like. That said, I'm done with this forum and won't be receiving any more emails about new postings, so I won't see your comeback to this or any private messages. The Yaris owners on here are a bunch of whining racer wannabes that don't have a clue how to customize a car and make it stand out in a crowd. Let's face it, it's a shitty car for racing, so the only thing you can do with it is make it look different from everybody else's, but the way you guys are going at it hardly makes them noticable at all. Mine is the only one on here with graphics to break up the large one-colored side of an otherwise ugly car, and I've done more customizing to my car than anyone else on here has. But jealousy has reared its ugly head, and I understand you are just a bunch of punks that really know nothing about cars and can't afford all the neat stuff I can. On top of that, your mom never taught you to be nice. 'Nuff said. goodbye.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:07 PM   #499
jdium
Mr Attitude

Drives: Blazing Blue 5 Spd
Yup, jealous of your hubcaps and vinyl...

JC Whitney

Where did Vasilakis13 say ANYTHING about/to you?
Old 09-04-2007, 09:48 AM   #500
MarkBen

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Met. Meteorite
My girls...

MarkBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:44 PM   #501
oscar845

Drives: yaris rs HB 06
Hi im new user and this is my yaris it s an 06 RS model i put 17'' mag ,tanabe springs, seats and abit of paint on the dash

oscar845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:58 PM   #502
StumpS

Drives: 2007 Yaris 5 DR HB
Lookin good oscar! Thumbs up!
StumpS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:50 AM   #503
BluYrs
ヴィッツ ドライバー

Drives: 2006 3d 1.0 Linea Sol
Oscar, nice ride and tasteful mods. However, the headunit sticks out like a sore thumb... Any plans for that?
BluYrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:33 AM   #504
jookybanana
1NZ-FE all day long

Drives: HS13, NCP91, GE8

jookybanana is offline   Reply With Quote