Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-28-2010, 06:25 PM   #1
winsrp
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris 2008 Sedan
Hi all, new here, and need some help

Hi there,

New guy on the block here, all the way from Costa Rica. I just bought an imported from US 08 Yaris Sedan, automatic, with Cruise Control, w/ power windows, mirrors and locks, stock radio.

Really nice car, liking it very much.

I'm kinda new in this whole, do your own stuff for you car, instead of paying a whole lot of money for someone else to do it thing, so bare with me. Besides my english is not that sharp since my main language is spanish, so please a little patience (and images are always welcome )

Here down in CR, we don't have a bring your VIN number to the dealer to find what you car came with so, I need to figure out things by looking at them myself, so advice here is always welcome. (but I do have the VIN number if you can help me out with the list of stuff )

So I have been going all around the forums, and have seen lots of great changes, additions and all kinds of cool stuff, but would like to ask a little more in detail help with a couple of projects I have planned for this car.

So lets get down to business:

#1, I would like to start with a very simple project in order get me going into this DIY thing, so the first thing I want to do is, to change the 12 volt metal thing where you plug stuff since its all rusty, very very rusty, and looks kinda wrong for such a nice car.

#2, I would like to add some kind of OEM or aftermarket alarm, immobilizer, w/ remote door, and if possible remote ignition, and trunk opening. ( I might be aiming a little high here, so, please a little advice on what can be done with OEM parts, and what would need after market parts, I don't have the problem of voiding dealer warranty here, so I can do what ever is best ) Security always comes first

#3, Would like to add some after-market projector fog lights, with the OEM dash installation. (It does not has fog lights, only some ugly back caps, so it might not have stock wiring... not sure... how can I check this??)

#4, Would also like to change the head lights with projectors but it has been hard to find these for a Yaris Sedan, and also change the brake lights with something a little cooler than plain old stock.

#5, Would like to change the US stock CD radio, with some in-dash DVD/CD/Radio/GPS/bluetooth.... Coffee maker, slipper bringer, pillow holder, and don't know how much other things this things can do. So instructions on how to dismember the car are welcome here. ( was looking at Motevo GTV-TV1, in dash for Yaris Sedan http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...o_GTV-TV1.aspx cool thing)

#6, would like to add a new leather steering wheel with radio controls and bluetooth that works on the new radio... yay... hopefully this can be done, also include the leather shift leaver cap (don't know its name, the thing you grab with your hand when you want to shift between drive, reverse and that, yeah you know what I'm talking about here.)

#7, this might be a little out of reach, but i would like to add a OEM sunroof??? can this be done???, How about an after-market one?? no idea here, just me wanting to add some bragging rights

#8, last but not least, and maybe I should put this a little higher in the list, I would like to raise a little bit the car ( we have deep holes on the streets here in CR, and is always a pain to hit the base of your car everywhere I go since the Yaris is a little too low ) and add some bigger tires in the process with some nice rims, but I have no clue how this could be achieved at all!! (just the raise car part, not the wheels/rims part, that I do know )

Thanks for all your help,

Winsrp.
winsrp is offline   Reply With Quote