Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-18-2018, 02:41 PM   #1
jannes

Drives: Audi A5
Send a message via AIM to jannes Send a message via MSN to jannes Send a message via Yahoo to jannes
Pressure washer for the car!?

Hello,
I want to get a pressure washer for the car, but I'm still wondering which one should I buy. Which high pressure cleaner do you use and are you happy with it?
jannes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 07:39 PM   #2
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
I chose a very low psi pressure washer (1600psi) so as to not damage the paint or ceramic coating on my car. It's a Simoniz brand which you may only be able to purchase in Canada. Its electric and pretty cheap to buy since its low powered. I personally would never use a 3000psi pressure washer on my paint but that's me

It also came with a foam cannon which I really wanted and it works great
Old 10-20-2018, 02:31 AM   #3
brad187

Drives: Yaris Sedan
In general, I can say that in addition to the price and performance especially the ergonomics is crucial if you want to buy a new high-pressure cleaner. Because working with the water lance requires proper power and takes more time than you might think. Try the high-pressure cleaner therefore necessarily before buying in the store! Take it in your hand and imitate the work movement. So you can tell if it fits you ergonomically too.
I myself also have this one https://productz.com/en/lavor-x-ray-...ressure-washer and he does his work at home and car to my complete satisfaction. However, I bought my much cheaper, was a good offer at my local store.
Old 11-30-2018, 07:43 PM   #4
justjesus

Drives: 2008 Liftback
not sure if you guys in London have Ryobi or AR Blue.

Some detailers I talk to are quite happy with the little units by these companies.

Kranzle is good and based out of Europe, so that is an option.
justjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 12:42 AM   #5
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
I was about to get an AR Blue unit until I read that their quality has gone down the toilet. Was about to get a Stanley unit, but then read AR Blue makes their units. I ended up with a Ryobi to go along with our electric lawn mower. Works great.

Just make sure you use a 40* nozzle when you're washing your car, that way you don't risk damaging your paint.

That was with the Ryobi unit, some cheap foam cannon from Amazon, and Meguiar's gold class soap.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 05:43 AM   #6
russellgirl
I've made a post!

Drives: BMW series 3
I recently picked up a Sunjoe SPX 3000. Pretty damn good at $150. So far it's done everything I could ask. Works very well with the MTM PF22 foam cannon with the 1.1mm orifice.

Great warranty and easy people to work with when needing replacement!

If you want to be informed about more products, this guy has done a few reviews on low-end electric washers.

https://carpassionate.com/best-press...sher-for-cars/
russellgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 09:39 AM   #7
wallaby

Drives: Yaris 2015
I think that a pressure washer is a must-have in every man's garage. I recently purchased one and I am very satisfied with it. I enjoy the process of washing my beloved car. I can say that I found this pressure washer at a very good cost after I viewed the article from https://trimthatweed.com/best-pressu...her-under-200/. You can find there the best option for you. My son is also helping me. He likes to use the pressure washer. This is very funny. Anyway, you can use it also for washing other pieces for example a bike, or the door of the garage.

Last edited by wallaby; 03-07-2021 at 10:45 AM.
wallaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 11:24 PM   #8
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
I use this inexpensive (US$89) pressure washer: PORTLAND1750 PSI 1.3 GPM Corded Electric Pressure Washer.

I've been using it almost every weekend to wash my car for the past 3 years, and I am completely satisfied with the results.

I also use it to clean the driveway, patios, paths, painted stucco and clapboard, windows, and gutters. It does a great job!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pressure washer.jpg (97.1 KB, 23 views)
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote