Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-20-2012, 02:23 PM   #1
07stlYaris
If Its Not Blown It Sucks

Drives: 07 Yaris LB Meteorite
Template for the Intake Manifold (1nzfe)

Where could one locate a template for the intake manifold? I've looked all over YW as well as the web and nothing really stood out. Is there anyone making blank aluminum or steel flanges?
07stlYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:24 PM   #2
07stlYaris

Allright, how about this. If anyone has an intake they would be willing to ship (on my dime of course) to me for pattern making, that would be cool. Someone let me know. Of course I'll ship it back.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:42 PM   #3
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
I've looked into this, and I'm assuming you want the bolt pattern and diameters for the engine-side mounting? I never got confirmation on the bolt pattern, but the holes for the intake are...hmm, my student license for AutoCAD seems to be uncooperative...
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:46 PM   #4
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
I might have an intake flange for you, ready to go. I'll check on Monday or this weekend if I go to the shop.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:55 PM   #5
CrankyOldMan

Ok, I have the license back up and running. Do you just want something with dimensions, or a full CAD model?
Old 04-21-2012, 02:56 PM   #6
07stlYaris

Garm,
If you have a flange, that would be great. Let me know.

Cranky,
I'd like the dimensions just in case I have to build a couple (simple non-scale 2D should work). Unwelding isn't nearly as pretty and I would guess I'm going to make an error or two.

Judging from the plastic manifold, I'll probably be re-studding the head for larger studs to hold some of the weight of the S/C.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:42 PM   #7
CrankyOldMan

I wasn't able to verify the locations of the bolt holes, so those are my best guess from the images I could find. The intake holes should be spot on though. They're stepped and tapered to accept the intake runners from an old Corolla intake manifold.

The .pdf of this is actually legible.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf head flange2.pdf (119.3 KB, 187 views)

Last edited by CrankyOldMan; 04-21-2012 at 06:20 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:17 PM   #8
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
On the side that connects to the block, the mani is grooved to accept a single manifold gasket, which is one piece, so it is also grooved between intake holes.

17 and 18:

Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:29 PM   #9
CrankyOldMan

Oh, I forgot about putting that part back in. I made some changes and broke all the references for the gasket channel. Maybe I'll get that done tomorrow.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:17 PM   #10
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07stlYaris View Post
Where could one locate a template for the intake manifold? I've looked all over YW as well as the web and nothing really stood out. Is there anyone making blank aluminum or steel flanges?
Check the Forced Induction forum for someone in your vicinity with a Blitz S/C. Our intake manifolds are collecting dust somewhere. Mines in a box with the balance of the OEM bits and pieces however cross border customs issues prevent my helping you out.

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:38 PM   #11
07stlYaris

Cranky,
Outstanding (hope that drawing wasn't on another thread and I just missed it). I should be able to feed this into my 3D router and get a blank in the next few days.

Garm,
Thanks for the heads up on the gasket. Great design on the part of Toyota but not for the modder. Wish they just went with a flat gasket but I can work around the groove.

I might just go flat since my manifold will be rigid enough to stay flat. Now for the pulley........ Looking to keep the alternator in place and actually piggyback it's pulley (physics are simple enough with a serpentine system). I figure I'd rather have my alternator slip than the crank pulley. There's a lot of room above the manifold before I hit the hood so my S/C can sit a little high and still clear. Should be pretty cool if I can pull it off. Hope I can find a belt small enough. Looks to be around 22" - 25" in length.

I'm off to do some simple math with regards to displacement and pulley size.

Side note: I've turboed quite a few cars but this will be my first supercharger. I have an '80 VW Vanagon with a 22R (thanks to Kennedy Engineering) and a T25 pull through setup that I've been driving off and on for nearly 20 years. 22R=bulletproof bottom end.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:34 PM   #12
07stlYaris

Didn't want to start a new thread so here goes. If a supercharger puts out 1000cc per revolution and the 1nzfe requires 1500 per 2 revolutions am I to assume that turning the S/C at 1:1 I would get an excess of 125cc per cylinder per cycle? If this figure is true, what would the boost pressure be (assuming sea level)? Do I start at 14.5 PSI and work the percentages there? 125 added to 375 would be a 33% increase or just under 5 PSI if I'm not mistaken. Turbos are definitely easier with the blow off valves and wastegates.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:24 PM   #13
CrankyOldMan

I think the stock compression is 10.5:1. A bit tipsy at the moment, and burnt out from final exams today, but I can look into it in the morning...