Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-10-2012, 09:00 PM   #1
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Tiamat 10 July 12 Dyno Tune and Results - Stock motor top speed found

So yesterday I went back down to Granite State Dyno and Tune ( http://granite-state-dyno.com/ ) with Tiamat with the new setup. Major changes even if they do not impact on the dyno are as follows from my previous dyno pulls referenced ( http://www.microimageonline.com/foru...ll=1#post61914 ) :

- NST Cage Bushings and engine compartment linkage bushings
- NST in cabin short shifter
- Micro Image shifter linkage bracket
- Micro Image silicone radiator hose set
- Autometer Fuel Pressure Gauge kit
- CCI Lightweight Flywheel
- CCI Stage 3 clutch kit
- Tial MV-S External Wastegate
- Grimmspeed Universal Manual Boost Controller
- ARP Exhaust Manifold Bolts
- Changed all fluids to AMSOIL
- Might be more, but it escapes me for now
- Running XXR 508s with Diamondback 225/4018s (previously 15" steelies with 195/60/15s)
- Ambient temp ~95 degrees F and 22% himidity (previously ~80 degrees F and 5% humidity)

All in all I am happy. The new motor seems to be running really solid however I need to figure out why I am throwing a P0335 when we have already resolved the wiring issue with my Boomslang before the previous pulls. My tuner and I think that is the reason why I can't maintain a solid idle. Even with the motor/turbo heatsoaked like a mofo from the 7 hr drive down I still pulled a 168hp/164tq which is only a few off from my previous attempts. The big thing here however is that even though it is synthetic we were able to figure out that with a stock motor the top speed is roughly at 146mph. This is when we hit the rev limiter and the car would do what it of course does.

Video:

Video:

and for grins this is the car that was on the dyno before me:

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:01 PM   #2
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
One of the few cross posts I haven't minded.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:07 PM   #3
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

^ haha, yeah...I just noticed too that my first dyno chart scanned in crooked! I hate it when stuff does that. One of the many reasons why I hated fax machines.

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:32 PM   #4
thatbryanguy

Drives: Yaris 3dr hatch
Sorry for reviving an old post but did you ever resolve the p0335? I'm getting that code now as well with the AEM FIC and boomslang PnP harness.
thatbryanguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:00 PM   #5
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatbryanguy View Post
Sorry for reviving an old post but did you ever resolve the p0335? I'm getting that code now as well with the AEM FIC and boomslang PnP harness.

no worries. I actually sent my FIC to CTScott and had him attempt to use it and found the same issue with his car. He shipped me his FIC and I installed it without an issue...no codes. Found that there was something definitely wrong with the output from my FIC. I did open an RMA however mine is out of warranty and haven't bothered to ship it because I honestly just don't care to deal with it since they told me that it would be either 75 bucks to fix or possibly more if it is the mainboard itself.

I have reduced my setup to 4PSI for now and watch how I drive so I am not too concerned about lean conditions. The plans are to go full stand alone with a new harness as well so who knows...I may just trash the FIC. Scott said that he would not be able to fix it since AEM is so proprietary with their electronics.