Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-17-2013, 10:14 PM   #1
mathiasb2
I've made a post!

Drives: Toyota Yaris Sol 5d 1,0 - 2000
Question Custom Yaris 2000 fascia plate?

Hey guys! I just got a new "old" Toyota Yaris Sol 1,0 5dr from 2000 by my mom last week, and i'd really like to make an upgrade to the Head Unit that is in it..

I know that you can replace the CD-player to put an 1/2-DIN unit in the lower part of the console on the dashboard.. But what i'd like to know is, if anyone knows about any custom fascia for the upper part of the "Head Unit"? Im thinking about the upper part with the vents and the volume control etc?

I've tried searching all day and i just can't seem to find it. It would be awesome if anyone knew about anything of this? Since i'd like to have another Head Unit in the car, but i think the CD-player is placed far to lower if i am to operate like taking a call or something while driving the car.

A second question on the line.. IF i choose to install another stereo and replace the CD-player, will i then be able to use the upper controls, with volume, next etc?

I hope you can help a new driver with getting a cooler dashboard in his new car :P

Greetings
- Mathias

PS. Sorry for the bad english, please tell me if you'd like me to elaborate something.
mathiasb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:12 PM   #2
jcboy

Drives: Sedan 07
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathiasb2 View Post
I know that you can replace the CD-player to put an 1/2-DIN unit in the lower part of the console on the dashboard.. But what i'd like to know is, if anyone knows about any custom fascia for the upper part of the "Head Unit"? Im thinking about the upper part with the vents and the volume control etc?

A second question on the line.. IF i choose to install another stereo and replace the CD-player, will i then be able to use the upper controls, with volume, next etc?
1st Q: i doubt it, unless you go to America's famous Pimp my Ride shops to have one custom-made but be ready to spend a fortune.

2nd Q: I don't think you can, unless this new stereo has a remote wired control input, even then, the chances are slim.
jcboy is offline   Reply With Quote