Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-15-2006, 05:56 PM   #91
ange008
It's just me...

Drives: 2007 Yaris 5door RS w/ Pkg. B
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoahmaru
I was debating about it when I was ordering the car because Toyota does the 3M for $388 plus GST, so I thought that was pretty expensive but then I thought the Yaris would be my first new car that I will be buying by myself and because of that I'm gonna really want to take care of the car. So I decided the 3M is worth buying. I don't really like the hood deflector, do you? I'am gonna try to get a deal with the dealership because I will be buying a few of the accessories from them, hopefully they will give me a discount.

Extra accessories that I want are:
3m hood protector, the exhaust tip, interior lighter outlet (I don't smoke, but I like to charge my phone in the car sometime), tinted windows, and the rally style spoiler.
You won't need to get the interior lighter outlet to be able to charge your phone. The car will come with the outlet already. Purchasing the interior lighter means purchasing the "lighter" and "ashtray" for smokers. For no extra charge you already have the outlet.
I can't see the cars being different in Calgary than in Vancouver, so I'll say it is safe to assume you will also have the outlet just as I do... without purchasing the smokers package.
I hope I've saved you some money!
Old 03-15-2006, 06:16 PM   #92
hoahmaru

Drives: 2007 White Yaris RS B Pac.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ange008
You won't need to get the interior lighter outlet to be able to charge your phone. The car will come with the outlet already. Purchasing the interior lighter means purchasing the "lighter" and "ashtray" for smokers. For no extra charge you already have the outlet.
I can't see the cars being different in Calgary than in Vancouver, so I'll say it is safe to assume you will also have the outlet just as I do... without purchasing the smokers package.
I hope I've saved you some money!
Thanx for that info ange008. I was wondering why the Yaris didn;t come with an outlet, now I know why. How is your new Yaris? Please take some pictures and post it up.
hoahmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 06:18 PM   #93
hoahmaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by celica girl
I am trying to decide between the hood deflector and the 3m but I'll probably go with the 3m. I also got the arm rest and rear bumper protector.

*Update*
Country Hills Toyota got their first shipment of 2007 vehicles today. Only one Yaris (a blue one) but they are supposed to be getting a second shipment of 2007 cars tonight.

Keep your fingers crossed!
WOW that is really exciting news. I'am going crazy waiting for the car to arrive, haha.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:12 AM   #94
foober

Drives: two yaris liftbacks
Quote:
WOW that is really exciting news. I'am going crazy waiting for the car to arrive, haha.
Good for you folks in canada. You must have had a faster boat that you got your yaris's quicker.
foober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 09:56 AM   #95
GabL
I want JDM bumpers!

Drives: 5 Dr Yaris RS in Blazing Blue
Quote:
I know how you feel! My celica has been parked since October of last year and I've been dying to drive it! I guess the hardest thing for me will be deciding which car to drive once the yaris arrives and all the gravel has been cleared off the roads!

Hoahmaru - Did you get the 3m bra for your car? I'm thinking about getting it but haven't decided yet.
What's wrong with the Celica? Or it is winter stored?

Regarding the 3M bra, one thing I was worrying is it will turn yellow after prolong exposure to the sun, esp. in the summer. Since the sample I saw at the body shop, it turned yellow...
GabL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 11:35 AM   #96
ange008
It's just me...

Drives: 2007 Yaris 5door RS w/ Pkg. B
Quote:
Thanx for that info ange008. I was wondering why the Yaris didn;t come with an outlet, now I know why. How is your new Yaris? Please take some pictures and post it up.
I love my new Yaris! I just got it last night. I ended up getting the red, which was my second choice... but after comparing the red with the silver I am so happy that I got red. The silver seems a little dull to me. The Yaris is such a fun car to drive!
I will take some pics and post them next week. I am out of town this weekend, but I will definitely have some up by next week!
Ciao
Old 03-16-2006, 12:27 PM   #97
hoahmaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabL

Regarding the 3M bra, one thing I was worrying is it will turn yellow after prolong exposure to the sun, esp. in the summer. Since the sample I saw at the body shop, it turned yellow...
Do you know if Toyota has a warranty to cover the 3M bra if it is installed?
Old 03-16-2006, 01:58 PM   #98
celica girl

Drives: '00 Celica, '07 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabL
I stored it for the winter :)

I don't believe that there is a warranty against the bra turning yellow.
celica girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 03:29 PM   #99
hoahmaru

Quote:

I don't believe that there is a warranty against the bra turning yellow.
Celica girl, any new *updates* from Country Hills?
Old 03-16-2006, 03:59 PM   #100
GabL
I want JDM bumpers!

Drives: 5 Dr Yaris RS in Blazing Blue
Quote:
Too low for the snow? haha!

Actually this brings up another question for the Yaris in winter, what snow tires people use on their Yaris (if any)? I feel the stock Potenza is a bit slippery on snow... or I'm corning too fast?
GabL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 04:14 PM   #101
celica girl

Quote:
Celica girl, any new *updates* from Country Hills?
They were supposed to call me today. Nothing yet. I will probably call them around 4.

Yeah the celica is pretty low. Plus the gravel on the road was doing major damage to my front bumper.

As far as winter tires go I hear that the Michelin Artic Alpin tires are really good. I had blizzacks before and they weren't bad but didn't last me long. I hated the potenza's on ice when I first got my celica. You are better off getting winter tires.
:)
Old 03-16-2006, 05:08 PM   #102
celica girl

I just found out that there is a 5 year warranty on the 3m bra. I'm going to order it. :)
Old 03-16-2006, 05:23 PM   #103
hoahmaru

Quote:
I just found out that there is a 5 year warranty on the 3m bra. I'm going to order it. :)
wow 5 years, that's pretty good. I'am definitely getting it for sure.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:31 PM   #104
celica girl

Oh an the ETA on my Yaris is April 3rd... :(
Old 03-16-2006, 06:13 PM   #105
hoahmaru

Quote:
did you ask them if any more 2007 shipments came in?
April 3rd is not too long, only another 2 weeks.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:57 PM   #106
Mad Munchkin
makeminesilver...I think

Drives: 07 Yaris 5dr-B RS man/silver
Quote:
Hey celica girl, yours is coming through Country Hills Toyota right? And it's coming April 3rd? Did you have to phone to find that out cause my sales guy was supposed to phone me by today with my delivery date but hasn't yet??!!Congrats by the way! April 3'll be here in no time!
Mad Munchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 01:09 PM   #107
celica girl

Yup, Country Hills Toyota! Everyone is so nice there. I had to call my sales guy to ask about the arrival date. So if you don't hear from your guy just give him a quick call.

If you need parts talk to Tony! He's super nice!
Old 03-17-2006, 05:22 PM   #108
Mad Munchkin
makeminesilver...I think

Drives: 07 Yaris 5dr-B RS man/silver
Quote:
Yup, Country Hills Toyota! Everyone is so nice there. I had to call my sales guy to ask about the arrival date. So if you don't hear from your guy just give him a quick call.

If you need parts talk to Tony! He's super nice!
Well I took your advice since i still hadn't heard today and found out my sales guy isn't even there anymore...he moved back to Saskatchewan within the last 2 weeks Sooooo I talked to another guy who seemed a bit vague on my file and took about four hours to get back to me. He said my car would be another 6 to 8 weeks I'm trying not to feel suspicious since he seemed nice but I feel like I was lost in whatever "Days of Our Lives" episode played out over there. He's promised me he'll call me as soon as the delivery date comes up on their system. Don't know when that'll be, but the math seems to add up since I ordered silver and someone else on this forum said the wait was quite long for silver. I'm very sad right now...

Thanks for the heads up on Tony in parts, I'll be sure to look him up!
Mad Munchkin is offline   Reply With Quote