Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-17-2006, 06:52 PM   #109
hoahmaru

Drives: 2007 White Yaris RS B Pac.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Munchkin
Well I took your advice since i still hadn't heard today and found out my sales guy isn't even there anymore...he moved back to Saskatchewan within the last 2 weeks Sooooo I talked to another guy who seemed a bit vague on my file and took about four hours to get back to me. He said my car would be another 6 to 8 weeks I'm trying not to feel suspicious since he seemed nice but I feel like I was lost in whatever "Days of Our Lives" episode played out over there. He's promised me he'll call me as soon as the delivery date comes up on their system. Don't know when that'll be, but the math seems to add up since I ordered silver and someone else on this forum said the wait was quite long for silver. I'm very sad right now...

Thanks for the heads up on Tony in parts, I'll be sure to look him up!
Hi Mad Munchkin,

I know how you feel. I've waited for a little over 9 weeks now for a polar white one. My ETA is suppose to be March 14th, but it hasn't showed up yet. Hopefully it will come in this weekend or early next week. *corssing my fingers*
hoahmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 07:04 PM   #110
Mad Munchkin
makeminesilver...I think

Drives: 07 Yaris 5dr-B RS man/silver
Hey hoahmaru! We can be depressed together! LOL. I did hear that polar white was the hardest color to get but it does look awesome. I almost ordered the white until I heard that availability was scarce so opted for the more available silver...apparently just as hard to get. Oh well. Are you also a Country Hills customer? Any idea on a good sales person over there? ANYONE?
Mad Munchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 08:10 PM   #111
hoahmaru

Quote:
Hey hoahmaru! We can be depressed together! LOL. I did hear that polar white was the hardest color to get but it does look awesome. I almost ordered the white until I heard that availability was scarce so opted for the more available silver...apparently just as hard to get. Oh well. Are you also a Country Hills customer? Any idea on a good sales person over there? ANYONE?
My salesguy is Dominic Chui. He is a friend of one of my good friends so that is why I went to him. He couldn't get me any discount of the price of the Yaris because it is such a hot item right now, but he said he can try to get me some discounts on some accessories. I'am going to meet him on this coming monday to get all the acessories picked out so when the car comes in they can have those accessories installed and I can pick the Yaris up ASAP. The sales manager said they are expecting my car to come in anyday now. Dominic is a really nice guy, you can call and ask for him if you want.

Last edited by hoahmaru; 03-19-2006 at 09:04 PM.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:25 PM   #112
Mad Munchkin
makeminesilver...I think

Thanks very much for that, hoahmaru. I appreciate that.
Old 03-19-2006, 02:16 AM   #113
hoahmaru

Quote:
Thanks very much for that, hoahmaru. I appreciate that.
no problem, just trying to help out a fellow Yaris lover.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:07 AM   #114
Ziv
It's all about VVTI

Drives: Yaris 5Dr LE White
For those of you in Ontario. I wonder if you guys received the new manual yet? I have recieved them last friday. If you have yet to received it, contact your dealer.

*New manual is nothing much new just towing weight is wrong on the old one or somethin'*
Old 03-20-2006, 01:05 PM   #115
celica girl

Drives: '00 Celica, '07 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoahmaru
My salesguy is Dominic Chui. He is a friend of one of my good friends so that is why I went to him. He couldn't get me any discount of the price of the Yaris because it is such a hot item right now, but he said he can try to get me some discounts on some accessories. I'am going to meet him on this coming monday to get all the acessories picked out so when the car comes in they can have those accessories installed and I can pick the Yaris up ASAP. The sales manager said they are expecting my car to come in anyday now. Dominic is a really nice guy, you can call and ask for him if you want.

Quick question about the quote you got on the 3M Bra... was it $388 for the hood and bumper?

Thanks!
celica girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 01:57 PM   #116
hoahmaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by celica girl
Quick question about the quote you got on the 3M Bra... was it $388 for the hood and bumper?

Thanks!
To my knowledge it is $388 for the hood and bumper. It was on one of the display model and I saw the sticker price included $388 for the 3M bra and when I examined the model I saw that the 3M covered the hood and bumper as well. Iám not too sure if it covers the 2 side mirrors, but Iám going to check today when I meet with the salesguy to choose my accessories. I will inform you as soon as I get the information.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:10 PM   #117
celica girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoahmaru
To my knowledge it is $388 for the hood and bumper. It was on one of the display model and I saw the sticker price included $388 for the 3M bra and when I examined the model I saw that the 3M covered the hood and bumper as well. Iám not too sure if it covers the 2 side mirrors, but Iám going to check today when I meet with the salesguy to choose my accessories. I will inform you as soon as I get the information.
Thanks!! :)
Old 03-20-2006, 04:33 PM   #118
echo_hrs
Around the universe...

Drives: Uber-Evolved Pokemon
The 3M Clear Hood Film is worth every penny. It's never yellowed on me, can also be waxed with the rest of the car...

I had it on both my Echo Hatchbacks, and I am having it put on my Yaris RS as well...

I've always had it directly installed through a 3M Trimline installer for less than Toyota charges (around 200 bux)....

The plastic hood deflectors, in my experience cause as much damage as they are meant to prevent, end up rubbing the hood, and creating corrosion where the clips attach..

Cheers
echo_hrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 06:00 PM   #119
celica girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_hrs
The 3M Clear Hood Film is worth every penny. It's never yellowed on me, can also be waxed with the rest of the car...

I had it on both my Echo Hatchbacks, and I am having it put on my Yaris RS as well...

I've always had it directly installed through a 3M Trimline installer for less than Toyota charges (around 200 bux)....

The plastic hood deflectors, in my experience cause as much damage as they are meant to prevent, end up rubbing the hood, and creating corrosion where the clips attach..

Cheers

So you paid $200 to have the hood and front bumper done? That's a steal! I should go to 3m trimline!
Old 03-21-2006, 12:03 AM   #120
hoahmaru

Hey everyone, My Yaris arrived today and I went to get the accessroies all picked out. I will be picking the car up on this coming Wednesday night. I can't wait to pick it up.

Celica Girl,
I talked to the salesguy and he said the 3M bra only covers the hood and the sides mirrors and not the front bumper. The hood and side mirror 3M will cost $388 + GST, and if you want to do the bumper as well it will cost an extra $450 + GST. Total for hood + side mirrors + ftont bumper = $838 + GST (CAN).

I ended up not getting the 3M bra because my initial thought was that the
3M bra covered the hood and front bumper for $388 + GST, but it only covers the hood. I thought that was kind of a rip off because the Yaris hood is very small compare to other cars, the hood is about 2 times smaller than the hood. So I thought it wasn't worth the money getting the 3M done at Toyota. I will try to find an aftermarket 3M bra. Toyota's accessories is too expensive in my opinion.

The salesguy also told me that the rally style spoiler cannot be added on to the RS Yaris because they already have a spoiler in place and if you removed the old spoiler there will be two holes that will not fit the rally style spoiler holes. So you will end up having 4 holes in your Yaris. Maybe that is why the rally style spoiler is not an option accessories for the RS Yaris and only for the LE or CE Yaris. But he also said that it hasn't been done yet at Country Hills Toyota so they are not absolutly sure. He also said the Toyota is not willing to exchange the Standard spoiler for the rally style spoiler, you would have to purchase them separately, which would mean that I would have an extra spoiler lying around collecting dust.

The only accessories I got from Toyota is tinited windows, which was also very expensive ($399 CAN), the salesguy gave it to me for $350, not too big of a difference. I also got the exhaust tip for full price.

Echo hrs,
Can you tell me which company you will be getting your 3M bra from and if they have a store in Calgary because I would definitely do the 3M for $200. Thanx.

I ended up pretty disappointed with the extra accessories, but I'am happy that I'am getting my Yaris in two days.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:49 AM   #121
hoahmaru

Oh yea, I will also be posting pics on the "Member's Ride" and "Official Polar White" threads as soon as the weather gets nice in Calgary so that I can take some pictures, maybe this weekend, I hope.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:16 AM   #122
as400g33k

Drives: 05 YRS Silver Lining Metallic
cool... grats on getting your ride!
as400g33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:39 AM   #123
Mad Munchkin
makeminesilver...I think

Congrats hoahmaru!!! Too bad about your accessories but glad you're only a day away from driving your car!
Old 03-21-2006, 09:40 AM   #124
celica girl

Congrats on getting your ride so soon!!! I can't wait to see pictures!

The company that hrs is talking about is 3M Trimline. You can look them up on www.superpages.ca.

That sucks about your accessories. If you haven't paid for your tint already I would also shop around. It shouldn't cost $350 to do 3 windows. Check out places like Icon Tint, Shadow Tint and I believe that 3M Trimline also does tinting... Maybe you can get a deal for both the windows and 3m bra.
Old 03-21-2006, 03:16 PM   #125
hoahmaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by as400g33k
cool... grats on getting your ride!
Thanx!
Old 03-21-2006, 03:17 PM   #126
hoahmaru

Quote:
Congrats hoahmaru!!! Too bad about your accessories but glad you're only a day away from driving your car!
Thanx!