Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-24-2006, 02:34 AM   #145
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
You are very welcome!
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 08:50 AM   #146
echo_hrs
Around the universe...

Drives: Uber-Evolved Pokemon
Nobody does this, but I actually read through the entire owners manual when I take delivery of a car so I am aware of any little details that I might not otherwise know....
echo_hrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 11:47 AM   #147
hoahmaru

Drives: 2007 White Yaris RS B Pac.
it's the second day of owning a new Yaris and there is problem with it already. The engine does not start at all. It is not the battery problem because I tried charging it already. I'am waiting for the tow truck now to bring it to the dealership. They are going to hear from me for this if they don't compensate me with something.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:53 PM   #148
Ziv
It's all about VVTI

Drives: Yaris 5Dr LE White
it that a '07 model? I never heard any of that from our '06.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:11 PM   #149
hoahmaru

I just got back from the dealership, they said it was just a electrical glitch. It was fixed pretty quick.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:13 PM   #150
ange008
It's just me...

Drives: 2007 Yaris 5door RS w/ Pkg. B
I have the keyless entry and immobilizer with my Yaris RS. Does anyone know why the seperate remote from the key will not lock the doors? It unlocks the doors and deactivates the immobilizer, but it only sets the immobilizer without locking the doors. I have to use my keyless remote on my key to lock the doors. I find this odd since my boyfriend's honda locks and unlocks while setting the immobilizer all with his remote.
My spare set of keys does not have the keyless entry on the key, so my boyfriend always has to lock the doors from inside the car before getting out. It's annoying. Why did they do this? It just causes confusion! I left my car unlocked for 2 days because of it!
Old 03-25-2006, 03:48 PM   #151
swng

Hi Angela! Probably your immobilizer is a dealer installed aftermarket item. Therefore, may be only those members who use or know about the same brand can comment. As for me, I use the factory keyless system plus an aftermarket immobilizer. There has been no problem this far. The only drawback is I have only one key with remote buttons(supplied by Toyota), so I have to let my wife enjoy the convenience and I use the old style mechanical key myself.
Anyhow, I think your case deserves some enquiries with the dealership which has installed the system for you. I guess you are protected by the warranty that should have come with your system.

Last edited by swng; 03-25-2006 at 06:47 PM.
Old 03-25-2006, 05:05 PM   #152
swng

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_hrs
Nobody does this, but I actually read through the entire owners manual when I take delivery of a car so I am aware of any little details that I might not otherwise know....
A very good idea! I do more or less the same. But I have only done it cursorily because the manual is so thick. Moreover, Toyota has just sent me a new manual because the old one has a mistake on the page about towing capacity(overstated?). Fortunately I don't tow.
I would certainly recommend to fellow members to read the manual.
Old 03-26-2006, 12:00 AM   #153
yariman
Speed Wrenchin'

Drives: 2006 Yaris 3 door, Bayou Blue
Hey Angela, Your new remote should lock the doors. Get in touch with the dealer and see what they say. I can no longer use the original keyless key remote with the new alarm/immobilizer as it conflicts with the new setup. However I got two new remotes from the dealer with the system.
Old 03-26-2006, 12:02 AM   #154
hoahmaru

I have another question to ask....

the electric cord for my Yaris is sticking out at the bottom of the front bumper grill and it seems to be stuck there. I just want to know if it is possible to hide the electric cord inside the hood because I don't want it sticking out? The electric cord is stuck in between the grill holes, and I want to move it to another place but I don't know if it is suppose to be there or not. I've looked at some of the pics posted and none of the Yaris, even Canadian ones, have the electric cord sticking out for cold weather outplugs.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:49 AM   #155
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
That sounds odd. Can you take a pic of it and post it?
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 10:55 AM   #156
celica girl

Drives: '00 Celica, '07 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoahmaru
I have another question to ask....

the electric cord for my Yaris is sticking out at the bottom of the front bumper grill and it seems to be stuck there. I just want to know if it is possible to hide the electric cord inside the hood because I don't want it sticking out? The electric cord is stuck in between the grill holes, and I want to move it to another place but I don't know if it is suppose to be there or not. I've looked at some of the pics posted and none of the Yaris, even Canadian ones, have the electric cord sticking out for cold weather outplugs.

It's just the cord for your block heater. You can move it to any place that you want to. On my celica (since I don't drive it in the winter) I pulled out the cord completely.
celica girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 01:45 PM   #157
hoahmaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by celica girl
It's just the cord for your block heater. You can move it to any place that you want to. On my celica (since I don't drive it in the winter) I pulled out the cord completely.
Is the block heater an extra accessorie on the Yaris because I don't think I ordered one when I bought the Yaris. I think I saw that it was ab extra accessorie for $100 or something on the Toyota website.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:48 PM   #158
celica girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoahmaru
Is the block heater an extra accessorie on the Yaris because I don't think I ordered one when I bought the Yaris. I think I saw that it was ab extra accessorie for $100 or something on the Toyota website.
The block heater comes standard on most vehicles. Even though it's just an accessory I don't think you have a choice on whether you want it or not.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:51 PM   #159
LAHAL

Drives: 07 Yaris RS B package Manuel
Block heater is mandatory in canada
LAHAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:59 PM   #160
hoahmaru

Hey celica girl,

I will be getting the 3M put on my Yaris on Thursday. It will cost me 550 CAN (not including tax but I got them to take off the GST because I'am gonna pay them cash) for them to wrap the whole front bumper + hood + side mirrors. I'am getting it done at High Line Auto Custom, and they have a 5 year warrany and life-time install warranty on 3M bras. I called to 3M Trimline and they quoted me at $750 CAN + GST for the whole kit, I thought that was too expensive.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:11 AM   #161
celica girl

That's awesome Hoahmaru!!! I still haven't decided if I am getting it or not but I will let you know if I do. How are you enjoying your Yaris? Have you posted pictures yet???

Oh... btw... My Yaris is now in Vancouver!!! Should be here this time next week!
Old 03-28-2006, 11:49 AM   #162
hoahmaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by celica girl
That's awesome Hoahmaru!!! I still haven't decided if I am getting it or not but I will let you know if I do. How are you enjoying your Yaris? Have you posted pictures yet???

Oh... btw... My Yaris is now in Vancouver!!! Should be here this time next week!
I'am enjoying the Yaris alot. I can say that I'am in love with the car :-). I'm kind of a clean freak sometimes so I always wipe the interior bottom at night if I drove someone that day. So far I think it is a wicked car, it only has 106 hp but it is really quick and comfy to drive. For me I realy like the high seating, it makes me feel a little more safe when driving. I'am still a bit cautious to drive on highways right now because I haven't put the 3M on yet. All of my friends really like the car, they think it is such a good looking car for the price. I have a friend who now wants to trade in her 2003 civic for the Yaris, she seems to like it more and more everytime she sits in it. Congrats on getting your Yaris next week, after you get it you'll know exactly what i'am talking about. Awsome, awsome car. Oh yea, I will take some pics and post them this week after I clean the car. White gets dirty fast, but I still love the color. Good luck next week.