Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-04-2011, 08:46 AM   #1
SKurj

Drives: 09 Yaris 3dr HB, BRZ
6 1/2 components 3dr HB

Ok I currently have factory changer and factory speakers in the front only.

Thinking of upgrading the speakers (new HU on the way).

What I would like is a 6 1/2 component that will fit in the door with a surface mount tweeter which I would install on the dash.

I do not want to cut any panels. This will be step one.. step two will be adding a second set in the rear and an amplifier for all 4.

Anyone recommend some components that fit those needs? Not too pricey..

Thanks
SKurj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:22 AM   #2
SeriousBlack

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS HB
MB Quart QS216

You can find a set online for a reasonable price and they will not disappoint. I have the QSD 216 with the tweets in my A-pillar. The imaging is perfect and they handle any and everything from my two channel Alpine PDX 2.150 amp.
SeriousBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 03:24 PM   #3
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
There's also the Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine component set. It sells for $200, you can separate the tweeter and mount it wherever you want. If you buy it new, you can trade it in to Hybrid Audio for at least a 60% value upgrade to different components in the future.

http://www.hybrid-audio.com/products.htm
Old 05-06-2011, 04:05 PM   #4
SKurj

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
There's also the Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine component set. It sells for $200, you can separate the tweeter and mount it wherever you want. If you buy it new, you can trade it in to Hybrid Audio for at least a 60% value upgrade to different components in the future.

http://www.hybrid-audio.com/products.htm
Thanks, there just happens to be a hybrid dealer not far from here, i will probably have a good laugh once he gives the cdn price but I'll check them out thanks.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:36 PM   #5
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

What dealer is it?
Old 05-07-2011, 12:36 AM   #6
SKurj

The only canadian dealer listed on the hybrid website, Sound Solution in Lindsay Ontario
Old 05-07-2011, 11:07 AM   #7
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

that's funny!

Sound Solution...

The "CEO"/owner, his name is Larry Woolacott. He's a member of Team Hybrids...he also just two months ago won the IASCA Expert class world championship SQc trophy with his Buick Regal. I know the team that built the car...personally.

Okay, perhaps we can work the angle for you a little. If you have time, go into the storefront and ask to demo the Imagine set. If they can only give you a sound board, try to scam a demo of the Regal. Tell them that one of the Team Hybrids members said you might be able to hear the vehicle. See if they'll work a pricing break on the Imagines as well...
Old 05-08-2011, 01:32 PM   #8
SKurj

Will do, likely this week. Thanks