Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-27-2011, 01:40 AM   #1
Kiteless

Drives: US 2007 Yaris Liftback 5MT
Microimage RS Style Tail Lights?

OK after searching the forums for various combinations of micro image, microimage, tail lights, taillights, LED, RS, tails, I didn't find anything so I thought I would ask this here.

OK so I have the NET/VITS/RS badging on the way and spoiler on the way. Until I can save up to buy suspension the only thing left to do for a while is tails. The RS Style tail lights at Microimage seem like the best deal, but just need to be rewired. Does anyone have these installed? Are they happy with the brightness and build quality? Have any of the individual LED's burnt out? Have any of them gotten water in them? Microimage seems like they sell quality stuff, but I am hoping to get some feedback from folks here on these before I buy. Thank you,

- Jason

Kiteless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:46 AM   #2
Betrivent
Not quite a noob

Drives: e46 325
I have them installed, they are easy if you know how to solder. Make sure oyu heat srhink wrap the soldering points. The brightness is great. None of the LEDs haev burnt out yet. I've had them since.. January. They haven't gotten water in them, but the crack between them and the bumper collects water.. that's kind of irrelevant anyways.
Betrivent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:01 AM   #3
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
+1^ I got these installed also. Easy to wire up, even for a novice. I have had mine also since november or december of last year. No issues yet. Led are bright and are still lasting. I love the way they look.
ilikerice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:38 AM   #4
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
i have the RS MI tails and they are awesome
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:55 AM   #5
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Mine are still good after 2.5 years.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:29 PM   #6
Kiteless

Hey thanks for all the feedback. Sounds like I am getting some new tails then. Soldering won't be a problem. Can't wait to get all this stuff installed and post pics of mah baby!

- Jason

Old 06-27-2011, 12:51 PM   #7
Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
Mine are still good after 2.5 years.
... Aaaaand ordered... I went ahead and got the fog light kit too, since you guys seem like you do your homework and don't sell crap.

So excited. I have never modified a car like this before, with badges, spoiler, fogs, tails. Going for a mild OEM'ish JDM look.

- Jason

Old 06-27-2011, 01:34 PM   #8
Betrivent
Not quite a noob

Drives: e46 325
Gotta love that OEM-ish look ;)
Betrivent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:53 PM   #9
Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betrivent View Post
Gotta love that OEM-ish look ;)
Yeah... ish... "Wild" is not really my style, but I respect the work that goes into it, no matter what the outcome. Besides I don't think I am "cool" enough for the more wild stuff. I am just too much of a dork. :p

I plan on posting a Youtube video of my experience from unpacking the tails, soldering the harness, to installing them. I am also going to see if I can buy a wiring harness for each tail from the dealership before cutting the harness off my current ones, so I can leave them in tact.

- Jason

Old 04-09-2012, 01:31 AM   #10
DeathBeard

Drives: 2010 Yaris S
can someone please post a pic of rs tails on a 09+ i had a set of them on my 07+ , excellent quality, easy to install..i got to meet garm and was impressed with his knowledge and professionalism...

Proverbs 16:9
DeathBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:06 AM   #11
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Thank you for the kind words.

http://www.microimageonline.com/foru...ht=rs+tails+09
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:23 AM   #12
DeathBeard

Drives: 2010 Yaris S
Garm any chance your supplier will make them for the 09

Proverbs 16:9
DeathBeard is offline   Reply With Quote