Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-20-2008, 01:06 PM   #1
kurokoma-kun

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
DIY - AEM CAI (cold air intake)

Due to the hack attack I'm re-posting a few DIYs I had in my files in PDF form... it's the whole thread, up to the point where I saved it. Many thanks to the original poster.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DIY - AEM CAI.pdf (1.44 MB, 1100 views)
kurokoma-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 01:35 AM   #2
fmicle

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
I just finished installing this puppy... I let it idle for a few minutes, as the installation guide recommends, then I took it for a test drive on the freeway. Everything seemed alright, running smooth, a little better acceleration response, I thought. Then I decided to pass a car in front of me, so I pushed the pedal a little and heard this roar coming from under the hood :-) I couldn't believe my little Yaris... so I slowed down a little, shifted down into 4th gear and let her have some more... mmm, an hour later, I am still grinning :-) I don't think I need another muffler, this kitty is purring like a tiger ;-)

I definitely like the feeling, the sound, when you push it a little harder and I like the fact that it's not loud under "normal" circumstances. Fun project!

Does anyone have any data about whether this affects smog in any way? For better or worse?

And also, I was wondering, since the filter/intake are right behind the left light, would it make sense to open the lower vent under the bumper? Would that feed more air into it and if so, would that be good or bad? Does anyone have any comments on this?

Here is a picture, so you know what I mean.

fmicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 01:40 AM   #3
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
It doesnt make a difference, at least not a big difference you can feel. I felt it when i took my left driver side fog light cover off, but i cut the slits on it like other members here....

And after that, i bought some mesh and put behind it w/ zipties...painted black~

Air gets to the filter/intake, but also keeps out dirt from clinging onto my filter...

FYI, your filter will get dirty easily leaving the fog light cover removed..... :)

AEM filter isn't as visible, Fujita's filter is visible through it, making it more dirtier than w/ cover on..

Come by to NorCal meets, so we can hear your Yaris growl ^_^
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 11:31 PM   #4
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Just finished with my CAI today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM1139.jpg (143.6 KB, 1380 views)
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:56 AM   #5
fmicle

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Here is mine:

fmicle is offline   Reply With Quote