Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-25-2016, 01:12 AM   #37
Dodge Aries K
My Yaris is a "racecar"

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatchback
I saw a yellow jolt Yaris last Saturday. I instantly wanted it haha. It's nice seeing Toyotas that aren't beige, silver, or white for once.
Old 11-10-2016, 09:20 AM   #38
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Somewhere in the US of A, the unicorn has been recently captured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoltYellow81 View Post
Hello YarisWorld!! �� I recently purchased a 2009 3dr base model 5speed in Jolt Yellow. Its such a fun car, I really am diggin' the no-nonsense feel of it. I've had several Scions, including first & second gen xBs, iQs & xDs, so I'm familiar with the Toyota brand already.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...postcount=1759
Old 11-10-2016, 12:43 PM   #39
firebird1999us

Drives: 2003 Mach 1
Yeah I've only ever seen 3 other yellow ones. 2 in places like 4000 miles away and the other one that is literally on the street over! ha
firebird1999us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 02:21 PM   #40
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
If you're willing to pick one up in Hawaii, there is one for sale now on Craigslist. LINK

yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 05:16 PM   #41
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
^ other than the obviously bad location for the OP, that one has the wrong tranny, which is the reason why he doesn't have a Jolt yet.

Good looking ride tho.
Old 11-11-2016, 03:11 PM   #42
tarkus

Drives: 2006 Yaris RS 3-Door
You can't be too fussy, though

Sent from my LG G2 with CM13 using Tapatalk
tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 01:54 PM   #43
firebird1999us

Drives: 2003 Mach 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
If you're willing to pick one up in Hawaii, there is one for sale now on Craigslist. LINK

Nice! I'm about to add an S front end to mine! Now I know what that's going to look like!
firebird1999us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 02:29 PM   #44
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
For the record, I'd totally rock a jolt yellow Yaris. :p
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 10:39 PM   #45
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
St-Hubert restaurant delivery vehicle.. lol

If I remember, they are all bayou blue based or red based. I forgot.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 11-16-2016, 09:09 PM   #46
scratchpaddy
Hubcap Enthusiast

Drives: '09 3-door 5-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
Talk about a unicorn! An SE!! If that thing had a manual, I might just have to look into hiring a boat.

Seriously, I've had Craigslist bookmarks set up for nearly every region in the U.S. outside the rusty midwest/northeast. Not a single manual Yellow Yaris has appeared. There are magenta ones in Portland and Alabama, though. No luck on a nationwide Cars.com search, either.

Even ones with both a manual transmission and the split rear seat are rare to the point of non-existence.

This appeared locally today, though:

2009 Toyota YARIS

That's plan B to the letter. I wanted 2009-2011, blue, manual, 60/40 seats, and the power package is a nice bonus. The paint looks flawless, clear headlights, and intact original floormats speak to careful ownership.

It's a curbstoner, unfortunately. The main glovebox is busted. The miles are a little high. But, the price is okay. Hopefully I'm able to get in touch with the guy.

Not a fan of the hubcaps, but those are the easiest thing in the world to replace.
scratchpaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 10:39 AM   #47
scratchpaddy
Hubcap Enthusiast

So, the paint is actually pretty bad. Most of the clear is gone from the roof and mirrors, and the hood is starting to peel. It needs new tires. The front left headlight lens and bumper have a small melted line running over them. I think somebody tried a jump start to or from a big truck with cheap 10-gage cables, and the cables caught fire.

Everything else on it is really nice. The interior is in very good shape. The engine bay is beautiful, no leaks, and clean oil. The glove box was not broken, just out of whack. I fixed it in five seconds.

I talked them down a little on price, and bought it. No one was available to give me a ride to retrieve the car, so I took the bus and train to get back there. You know what I saw on the way? A yellow jolt Yaris, right there on Central Avenue! Not for sale, and probably automatic, but I can't remember the last time I saw any yellow Yaris, at all.

This car has tons of power! So fast! Power steering feels really strange now, after years driving without it. Feather-light in parking lots, and heavy on the highway. Very strange. Brakes are super sensitive, I'll have to get used to that. I got aquainted with the hydraulic clutch and electronic throttle in the stop-and-go traffic on the way home.

It'll take some time to get used to driving such a big, powerful car.
Old 11-18-2016, 03:01 PM   #48
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Congrats. Any plans to refresh the paint and headlights?

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 08:03 PM   #49
scratchpaddy
Hubcap Enthusiast

In the future, possibly, but not yet. I see new headlight assemblies are only $50. I was expecting 5x that much. It's a pretty small defect, though.

You mentioned refreshing the paint on yours. How much does that cost, if you're getting the full primer, base, and clear treatment? I wouldn't expect it to be cheap, even if it's just the hood (such a tiny hood!) and the roof.

I might spring for new wheels, though. I shouldn't, but there will never be a better time as now, with bald tires and hubcaps that make me cringe. I'm leaning towards bronze. I think bronze looks really good with blue. I won't be putting on low profile tires or lowering the car, though, so I have to find some that don't look dumb at stock height with tall-ish sidewals.
Old 11-18-2016, 10:13 PM   #50
ern-diz

That's cool. In respect to paint, it's hard for me to say because I know a body shop owner so he takes care of me on cash pricing. Would be a different story if I was just walking in. Still worth doing, IMO. Crispy paint makes such a huge impact.

Might I suggest vinyl wrap? Far cheaper than paint and you can do some really cool stuff with it.

On Wheelwell
Old 11-19-2016, 10:49 AM   #51
scratchpaddy
Hubcap Enthusiast

Yeah, a lot of things make or break a car's appearance, but paint is the biggest factor, IMO. A flawless paint job really stands out in this land of eternal sunshine.

Vinyl would still require much of the same prep as new paint, at least where it's peeling, and I'd have to either do the whole car, or go two-tone. I'd rather stick with paint. I do really like this color, even if it's not yellow. I'll live with it for now, and decide if I want to spend the $$$$ on paint once I'm back to making a steady wage. The sides of the car still look really good, at least.

For the wheels, I think I'll look around some junkyards first. 4x100 wheels are much easier to find than the 4x114.3 wheels my last car had. I won't find anything bronze, but I'll see if something else catches my eye.
Old 11-20-2016, 11:25 PM   #52
ern-diz

Miata and Civic Si wheels look really good on these cars and should be cost effective even if a few extra bits are needed to get them to fit right.

On Wheelwell
Old 12-15-2016, 11:07 AM   #53
justanotherdrunk

Drives: 2016 SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchpaddy View Post
I'm not sure how well vinyl would hold up in the sun. Besides, I'm one of the very few people who like a yellow car, apparently. The color's for me, and I'm the one who's going to see those mis-matched doorjambs every time I get in the car. I worked at a body shop for a few years, when I was in college. Details like that bug the heck out of me when they're not right.

The picture I posted was on Highway 62 in the Mojave, 75 miles east of Twentynine Palms. Googling "Rice, CA" will show you the exact spot. No one lives there. There's that husk of a gas station and a couple of burned out buildings. And shoes. Shoes, everywhere.

we like the same roads

a 2012 roadtrip

rice ca was the original choice for the manhattan project 1st atomic bomb detonation

justanotherdrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 12:21 AM   #54
Barth.Vader

Drives: 2012 Toyota Yaris
I love the yellow Yarii too... There was one I almost purchased here in Raleigh, and I'm still second guessing my decision a little bit! :)
Barth.Vader is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
yellow jolt