Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Area > Micro Image
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-10-2011, 10:47 AM   #1
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Autopower roll bars

I'm now a dealer for AutoPower, which make very nice bolt-in and weld-in cages for racing. They recently fabricated the cages for the 2011 Toyota Yaris race cars, and are now offering bolt-in versions.

I'll be stocking the first two shown below, others are custom orders and take about 30 days to produce.

bolt in ROLL BAR (approx. $400)

This roll bar will give your street car a performance look and style.
In most cars rear seats and/or convertible top remain in place and useable.
4 point roll bar is made of 1.750 x .120 DOM mild steel tube.
All necessary installation and mounting hardware with back-up plates is included.

STREET SPORT bolt-in ROLL BAR w/ HARNESS BAR (approx. $500)

Our Street-Sport bar is just what you need for your high performance street car.
Designed for high performance street use.
Bolt-in harness mount tube for easy installation of safety harnesses.
Bolt-In Removable horizontal harness.
4 point roll bar is made of 1.750 x .120 DOM mild steel tube.
All necessary installation and mounting hardware with back-up plates is included.
The Street-Sport Roll Bar has a bolt in harness mount tube for easy installation of harnesses and access to the back seat for street use.

RACE bolt in ROLL BAR (approx. $620)

The Race roll bar is designed for solo, autocross and high speed time trials. Race roll bars have a diagonal cross brace and most have a harness mount tube.
Autopower will select tube size and type for your needs.
Race roll bars are made with 1.750 x .120 DOM steel.
4 point mounting with welded diagonal crossbrace.

*** Optional: Harness bar and cross brace are bolt-in instead of welded in place.

ROLL CAGE (approx. $800-1200)

These are done to order, and can include rear triangulation, door bars, and front cage additions. This would be a weld-in option only! The one shown below has the front section but not the rear triangulation.

Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:26 PM   #2
annn
ヤリスワールド

Drives: 2008 HB
Price shipped ? Any way to see one in a yaris ? I need to know how it's going to interact with factory seats ,etc...thanks
annn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:12 PM   #3
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Price shipped ?

** don't know yet, would have to use a trucking company probably

Any way to see one in a yaris ?

** only shown in Jason's stripped race car so far. Someone will have to be a guinea pig.

I need to know how it's going to interact with factory seats ,etc...thanks

** The roll bar bottom will bolt to the floor. Autopower provides backing plates for underneath the car. The rear two points will bolt to the rear wheel wells, also using (curved) backing plates. So the rear seat can be retained, but like with any roll bar, some interior panel trimming may be necessary.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:22 PM   #4
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

lookie what came in today:

Old 04-14-2011, 06:51 PM   #5
Jason@SportsCar

Drives: 2015 H Production Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
lookie what came in today:
Nice... By tomorrow I expect to see pics of it installed in the car.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:32 AM   #6
ezhacker1

Drives: Decepticon - Ravage
So much "win" Excited to see it installed.

Check out my Build thread:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52274
ezhacker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:03 AM   #7
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

lol, Jason -- already pulled the seats this morning. It's going to be very close to the headliner, I sure hope Autopower made the adjustment for that from yours.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:05 PM   #8
Jason@SportsCar

Quote:
lol, Jason -- already pulled the seats this morning. It's going to be very close to the headliner, I sure hope Autopower made the adjustment for that from yours.
Its supposed to be a tight fit.

I am sure you have done this before... But, make sure you cut the carpet so the feet can sit on the floor (we typically do an X, so we can put the carpet back down if we take the bar out later), this will give you a more solid foundation and a bit more clearance up top.

Good luck.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:50 PM   #9
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

^ that part went just fine. The rear braces, however, should have been a little narrower on the wheel wells (about a 1/2" on each side). Going to have to trim a fair amount out of the rear side trim pieces, which shouldn't be necessary. Not good on a customer's street car, but it is what it is at this point.

I don't mind tearing mine up to finish the install -- and onward we go. Pics to come.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:57 PM   #10
Jason@SportsCar

Quote:
^ that part went just fine. The rear braces, however, should have been a little narrower on the wheel wells (about a 1/2" on each side). Going to have to trim a fair amount out of the rear side trim pieces, which shouldn't be necessary. Not good on a customer's street car, but it is what it is at this point.

I don't mind tearing mine up to finish the install -- and onward we go. Pics to come.
Every bolt in we have done required plastic trimming. You could try using a tie-down/come-along to pull the legs together while you mount it.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:41 PM   #11
mazilla
advocatus diaboli

Drives: 07 Yaris hatch
Tag.

I'm eyeballing that 400.00 dollar bar for added peace of mind...I don't want something that will get in the way, and a little more protection couldn't hurt.
mazilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:50 PM   #12
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Every bolt in we have done required plastic trimming.
Of course they do. I've installed a few myself. Customers shouldn't have to bend the pieces to make it fit more correctly; Autopower should have attended to that detail.

It's a very nice bar, overall I've always liked their quality. But this simply has not been tested on a car with interior trim, and it could be better. That's all I'm saying.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:53 PM   #13
Jason@SportsCar

Quote:
Of course they do. I've installed a few myself. Customers shouldn't have to bend the pieces to make it fit more correctly; Autopower should have attended to that detail.

It's a very nice bar, overall I've always liked their quality. But this simply has not been tested on a car with interior trim, and it could be better. That's all I'm saying.
I thought they car they measured from, which was the second car, still had interior. But I am sure they did not build one and test fit after.

Have you compared them all, are they all the same width at that point? Even though they are made in a jig, I wonder if heat from the welding makes for a slight variance in the leg angle from bar to bar.

I would bet with a strap you can pull them together a good bit.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:56 PM   #14
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

^ Yep, going to test fit a couple more just to see about that.

Again, Autopower makes good stuff, this is a well-made product that will protect your life.

I'm not sure how they could measure without removing the interior pieces, since it bolts directly to the metal.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:09 PM   #15
Jason@SportsCar

Quote:
^ Yep, going to test fit a couple more just to see about that.

Again, Autopower makes good stuff, this is a well-made product that will protect your life.

I'm not sure how they could measure without removing the interior pieces, since it bolts directly to the metal.
Are you test fitting with a back seat? I wonder if the legs are spread to clear the seat back?
Old 04-15-2011, 03:39 PM   #16
annn
ヤリスワールド

Drives: 2008 HB
Subscribed !
annn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:54 PM   #17
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

I no longer own a back seat. I see now that they have made the rear supports as narrow as possible and still be on the wheel well.

Here are a few pictures:

Old 04-15-2011, 06:56 PM   #18
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

No more pictures available for now, pieces were sent off to the powdercoater today

Last edited by cali yaris; 04-15-2011 at 07:12 PM.